The Falcons shouldn't even bother to show up Saturday night!

BankerBird™

Listening to Mike & Mike this morning and to hear them talk about how well Aaron Rogers and the Packers offense is playing and how stout their defense was at shutting down the Eagles last week, I am now fully convinced that the Packers are so intimidating that the Falcons shouldn't even bother showing up to play Saturday night and should just forfeit the game to Green Bay right now.

Seriously. I mean, why even bother to show up? It doesn't matter that last week the Packers had four turnovers and two of those were fumbles by Rogers. All the media wants to do is focus on Rogers' three TD passes and the RB Starks who, after just ONE good game, has all of a sudden provided the Packers with a "running game". It's as if the Packers offense is gonna take the field against a bunch of cardboard silhouettes of Falcons defensive players and will be able to throw and run the ball at will.

Given that a 13-3 record, the number one seed in the NFC playoffs, seven Pro-Bowlers and a 20-2 home record by their starting QB isn't enough to give the Falcons a shot against the Packers, I say let's wrap this puppy up, call it a season and wish the Packers good luck in the NFCCG next week.

<_<

Listening to Mike & Mike this morning and to hear them talk about how well Aaron Rogers and the Packers offense is playing and how stout their defense was at shutting down the Eagles last week, I am now fully convinced that the Packers are so intimidating that the Falcons shouldn't even bother showing up to play Saturday night and should just forfeit the game to Green Bay right now.

Seriously. I mean, why even bother to show up? It doesn't matter that last week the Packers had four turnovers and two of those were fumbles by Rogers. All the media wants to do is focus on Rogers' three TD passes and the RB Starks who, after just ONE good game, has all of a sudden provided the Packers with a "running game".

Given that a 13-3 record, the number one seed in the NFC playoffs, seven Pro-Bowlers and a 20-2 home record by their starting QB isn't enough to give the Falcons a shot against the Packers, I say let's wrap this puppy up, call it a season and wish the Packers good luck in the NFCCG next week.

<_<

I feel the same way myself Banker.... I can't wait to get this game on...

What the media wants or thinks isn't always the outcome, see Seahawks game. I'm sure you know this though.

Well, have you seen this piece of crap article? The Bears and Pack fans are already looking past both their opponents. So arrogant! What happened to not looking past your opponent?

Green Bay has lost 3 of the past 4 matchups with the Falcons while the bears just lost earlier this season AT HOME to the Seahawks. Both those guys may be in for a serious letdown this weekend.

ESPN: Bears-Seahawks Playoff Tix

Edited by Nikki_Free

"Who cares what people say?"

I see less and less of those responses and more and more acknowledgment that the Falcons really are being disrespected.

Heck, even people on TV recognize the lack of respect... and not just this week.

Enough subjective banter from me and here's an objective opinion.

I see the Green Bay vs. Falcons game as the closest matched competition of all four divisional games. Yet I see it as the most predicted game (most going to Green Bay).

I think it's because so many talking heads picked the Saints to beat the Seahawks. We all know how that prediction turned out. So in some quest for revamped credibility, pundits are predicting the hardest game to predict.

Seriously. I mean, why even bother to show up? It doesn't matter that last week the Packers had four turnovers and two of those were fumbles by Rogers. All the media wants to do is focus on Rogers' three TD passes and the RB Starks who, after just ONE good game, has all of a sudden provided the Packers with a "running game". It's as if the Packers offense is gonna take the field against a bunch of cardboard silhouettes of Falcons defensive players and will be able to throw and run the ball at will.

dry.gif

I heard them too. I paid 200 bucks for a ticket. If Falcons choose to forfeit the game because Packers are so intimidating, I understand. Now I did send them an email asking If it makes any sense for me to drive down to Dome this Sat in this snow? I haven't gotton any answer yet. I will keep you all posted what they have to say.

I was really looking forward to the big game but now I'm debating on whether or not to make other plans for Saturday night. After listening to the blabbering imbecilic tools reek postulations and edicts from the talking box, I really question the point of making any viewing accommodation for the evening.

Given the preponderance of opinion that we'll be destroyed by the "Obviously Superior Team of the Week" ( OSTW™ ), what is the point. If we get lucky or cheat or the OSTW™ has an off game and we manage to survive, we'll obviously be the underdog for the NFCCG to the next OSTW™.

/Sarcasm off

I've been a Falcons fan long enough('66)to know we'll never get respect, we'll never be picked and we'll be written off before and after the fact of anything great we do.

DON'T EFFIN CARE WHAT THEY SAY - EFF THAT WHOLE CIRCLE OF JERKS

We do what we do. If we do it well, it's going to be a season we'll remember, with pleasure, for a fine long time.

Edited by trudweathers

I was watching this...old lady comes in and ask whyd i get so grumpy?

Well i didnt realize we were playing the world champion green bay packers, or that mike smith doent know what hes doing, or that a rookie rb is going to run all over our pathetic d and that roddy is only good because he always pushes off!

JFC I hate being the 12th seed!

RISE UP!

Yeah, I was watching some NFL show and said the same thing, "wow... I guess we should pack it in and call it a day, since their non-pro bowl QB > our pro-bowl QB and their omg just found a RB on the roster RB > our pro-bowl rb..."

It's stupid. We should pay them no mind and enjoy the lack of pressure and just DESTROY THEM WITH NO MERCY (sweep the leg johnny!) and make the statement loud and clear - these ain't those dirty birds son, these are a new breed.

<_<

I heard this BS too. I think its a good opportunity for the Falcons to get business done since "no one" thinks they can win.

Did you also hear the parts where Schlerath was all over Elways jock? W o w.

Edited by dilkin

I sent an email to Mike and Mike in the morning on there lack of confidence in our coaching staff and team. I told them i use to like watching them until they put cutler ahead of ryan and give no respect to what coach smith has done. I also told them they they have alot of confidence in rogers and that newly found running game they got... All they could say back to me is OK.. MORONS

I can understand everybody feeling about this, I swear that we are the 6th seed, that got in the playoff on the last week and the Pack(no offense to their fans) is the best team in the NFC. I just think that Media doesnt even give us a chance at all, a team that got the best record in the NFC and one fumble remove from being tied with NE with the best record in NFL. We get no respect from these "so-called" experts that they think they know or media heads who just talking out of their butts each week. I think that Seahawks got more respect than us right now.

Because they dont know who in the h*** they think we are, We are Falcons Nation, as a Nation we RISE UP beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Let media talk because that is more crow for them to eat.