Jason La Dummy

Emir, Atlanta,GA12:32 PM ET

Why do you think Packers will beat Atlanta Falcons on Saturday?

Jason La Canfora, NFL Network

Packers are more balanced now than at any time this season, and also healthy. Probably have the best secondary in the NFL, can put heat on the passer, are on a roll, lots of playmakers, nearly beat the Falcons there in the regular season. That game is a toss up but if you're making pick a winner than I'll take the Pack

THEY ARE MORE BALANCED THEN EVERM? hahaha they have a good running game one time and they are balanced lol NFL needs to hire some smart writers..put heat on a passer? did they sack Matty Ice last time? lol

There's a lot of hypocrisy going on out there in the media about this game. Not that that should surprise anyone, but to hear LaCanphony analyze this game and attribute to the Packers the EXACT same positive attributes with which he has assessed the Falcons ALL season, is hypocritical, to say the least.

All year long, LaCanphony, and other so-called "experts" have praised the Falcons because they're "balanced". Matter of fact, it's the Falcons' balance that has been talked about more often than ANY other characteristic about the team. And yet, these guys are sounding like the Packers, off the strength of a good (not dominating) performance against the Eagles, are supposed to just waltz in here and beat the number one seed in the NFC?

Dudes like LaCanphony need to be reminded that the main reason the Packers are being hyped the way they are, is because they're a WILD CARD team and had to play last week, which means their performance is more fresh in the minds of people than the Falcons who, as the NFC's top seed, DIDN'T have to play last week!

Just a couple points for the record.. if you are going to use the last time we played as a benchmark.

Clay Matthews was nursing a shin issue and is finally getting healthy.

Walden wasn't getting any playing time at that point.. green as grass player.. but came up huge against the Bears with 3 sacks and I think 15 tackles.

And Bigby was out.. stretching our nickle coverages...

Now.. those aren't excuses for last time, as you have a very stout offensive line.. but just throwing out a couple of points on the pass rush.

I am interested in the adjustments made from the Packers this week.. namely how they handle the Falcon running game and whom draws the straw of coverage on Gonzo..

I think it comes down to this.. if the Packers can contain the Falcon running game.. it flips the advantage to GB.. if not.. the advantage is all yours, as you will control the clock and minimizing the touches our offense gets.

We have been pretty much one dimensional in terms of yardage all season.. so the suddenly mistakenly hyped Packer running game really doesn't matter all that much. It will be icing if it does generate yards as it will make our offense that much more explosive.

I anticipate a game with multiple adjustments on both sides of the field and a well played close game. Should be fun..

We all know that there has to be some type of hype created for each game. I do believe this will be by far the best game of the weekend. The winner will more than likely represent the NFC in the SuperBowl. I just hope that Starks is a one hit wonder. I stated this earlier this week that Kuhn concerns me more out the Packer backfield

Just a couple points for the record.. if you are going to use the last time we played as a benchmark.

Walden wasn't getting any playing time at that point.. green as grass player.. but came up huge against the Bears with 3 sacks and I think 15 tackles.

Now.. those aren't excuses for last time, as you have a very stout offensive line.. but just throwing out a couple of points on the pass rush.

I am interested in the adjustments made from the Packers this week.. namely how they handle the Falcon running game and whom draws the straw of coverage on Gonzo..

I think it comes down to this.. if the Packers can contain the Falcon running game.. it flips the advantage to GB.. if not.. the advantage is all yours, as you will control the clock and minimizing the touches our offense gets.

We have been pretty much one dimensional in terms of yardage all season.. so the suddenly mistakenly hyped Packer running game really doesn't matter all that much. It will be icing if it does generate yards as it will make our offense that much more explosive.

I anticipate a game with multiple adjustments on both sides of the field and a well played close game. Should be fun..

Honestly our running game really doesn't refine us anymore, you've probably last seen us play against the Saints, where our offense looked EXTREMELY Vanilla, on hte thursday night game against the Ravens Ryan Completed 32/50 for 343 Yards and won the game all while we had 62 total rushing yards, Also another thing to note is that we haven't used Finneran as much this year and we haven't used Eric Weems at all on offense, The last time we used those 2 proactively were in the last 2 weeks in '08 and the Playoff game against Arizona. Our Defense also now has 2 Really different game plans, and we can alternate between both during the game because they are all ran our of the same base formations. I wouldn't say GB is "Balanced" either, Starks had one good game against a really faulty Eagles Defence. Honestly Starks is a poor mans Turner, we have 2 poor man Turners that our Defence faces every week in practice. You gotta remember we are the #10 Rushing D, we only gave up 21 yards on 11 carries to Peyton Hillis, and have shut down other better RBs, don't expect Starks to come out and waltz through our Defensive line.

Let me ask you something serious though:

Do you really think you guys have a running game again or do you think you guys just capitalized on a less than physical Eagles front?

You guys just bullied the Eagles, which is what was happening the last 5-6 weeks. This game is going to fall on Rodgers' back again and it will go to the wire again but you guys are not balanced after one game.

Maybe I missed my point.. I am not buying into the Packers suddenly having balance because of one game.

I am saying it doesn't really matter.. the number of attempts is the key per the numbers.

No I don't think we are going to run for a 100 on the Falcons. Chances are very remote unless someone breaks one for a big'in.

We ran for a ton against the Cowboys this season.. we ran very effectively against the 9ers.. and we followed both up with little to no production in yards via the run the following week.

Attempts for the Packers are important though.. in games were we ran the ball with the backs for more than 20 times a game.. we are 7-1.

Edited by Pack93z

To the OP, I don't think that LaCanfora was hating he even said that the game is a toss up and in his OPINION he thinks GB will win.

To me you can't file that under hatas gonna hate. Now if he had said, "ATL isn't for real they are pretenders, always get lucky, they cheat with replay, and they are going to be expposed," then you might have a point.

Honestly our running game really doesn't refine us anymore, you've probably last seen us play against the Saints, where our offense looked EXTREMELY Vanilla, on hte thursday night game against the Ravens Ryan Completed 32/50 for 343 Yards and won the game all while we had 62 total rushing yards, Also another thing to note is that we haven't used Finneran as much this year and we haven't used Eric Weems at all on offense, The last time we used those 2 proactively were in the last 2 weeks in '08 and the Playoff game against Arizona. Our Defense also now has 2 Really different game plans, and we can alternate between both during the game because they are all ran our of the same base formations. I wouldn't say GB is "Balanced" either, Starks had one good game against a really faulty Eagles Defence. Honestly Starks is a poor mans Turner, we have 2 poor man Turners that our Defence faces every week in practice. You gotta remember we are the #10 Rushing D, we only gave up 21 yards on 11 carries to Peyton Hillis, and have shut down other better RBs, don't expect Starks to come out and waltz through our Defensive line.

No.. I watched the Ravens vs Falcons game with great interest. But there is sizable difference in the Ravens secondary to ours.. we can effectively cover 3 receivers in man.. allowing Capers to become flexible with the rest of the coverages and pressure packages.. Ravens don't have that talent at the corners any longer.. at least healthy.

If you abandon the running game and try and throw it against us.. I will stand by the words that it flips the advantage our way. Our weakness, mostly by design, is our defense verses the run.. and why you ask. Because we play a good percentage of the game with 2 down lineman and 4 backers in the box.. tempting opposing offenses to run it and they do with decent production. Until we shift 3 downs back in.. with Jenkins/Raji/Pickett or Green dropping in.. a mountain of men on the line.

To me.. that is the most interesting dynamic of the game.. what Capers tries to take away verses alignment.. and how the Falcons respond.

Packers are more balanced now than at any time this season, and also healthy. Probably have the best secondary in the NFL, can put heat on the passer, are on a roll, lots of playmakers, nearly beat the Falcons there in the regular season. That game is a toss up but if you're making pick a winner than I'll take the Pack

THEY ARE MORE BALANCED THEN EVERM? hahaha they have a good running game one time and they are balanced lol NFL needs to hire some smart writers..put heat on a passer? did they sack Matty Ice last time? lol

Twice, actually, with Baker and Dahl each beaten once if I remember correctly (but please don't hold me to that). On a positive note, I can only remember two throwaways by Ryan all game, and his overall numbers were very good.

I'd agree that the game is a toss-up. About seven Falcons wins this year fall into that category, and I don't see them building a comfortable margin at any point this Saturday. But I'd still give them the nod over a GB team that's benefiting from a lot of media hype right now just because they're the Pack.

@Pack93Z

You're making some great observations here, thanks for coming in.

No.. thank you for having me. For a football addict.. I love to talk football and gather different perspective from opposing fan bases.

Very solid football discussions are had here... tip of the cap to you all.

he's just jumping on the rodgers train. rodgers is great, but his running game will take him even higher and its not evident. they're one big hit from having kuhn as their starter all the way.

Packers secondary is very good but I was happy to see that our wrs had great separation most passing age in the last game. Shown 2 days ago on NFL network. Man to man makes our crossing routes big advantage.

Agreed.. man and man routes allow pre-snap movement, stacks and crossers gold.

And it got us skinned in Arizona last season.. and the D staff knew they had to incorporate more zone in year two under Capers.

What the NFL network failed to mention was the large percentage that we have been dropping into zone coverages game in and out.. something we didn't do much last season.

The Packers defense didn't create the number of turnovers it had last season.. but they threw a ton more different looks at the opposing offenses.

Although Ryan only threw for 177 yards last game he was very efficient. He was 24-28 passing. If the Pack stops the run at least I have a little faith that Ryan should be able to move the offense with the passing game.

I suspect that we will run right at Clay Matthews again like we did last game unless the Pack make some adjustments to it.

I know he's overlooked by many on this board. But has anyone mentioned that game against GB was probably the worst one Grimes had all year. He seemed a step off.

Also, Williams may be a better cover guy than Owens, However, I don't think hard-hitting Owens will miss many opportunities to knock Rodgers on his arse.

I know he's overlooked by many on this board. But has anyone mentioned that game against GB was probably the worst one Grimes had all year. He seemed a step off.

Also, Williams may be a better cover guy than Owens, However, I don't think hard-hitting Owens will miss many opportunities to knock Rodgers on his arse.

Pack93z, you mentioned who draws the coverage of Gonzo, but there is more to consider in that Pack secondary. The Saints managed to limit Turner, Gonzo and White, but the Falcons showed absolutley no imagination on offense that game. If the Pack puts eight to stop Turner, how will they be able to stop the passing game?

And our starting outside linebacker was out.

Maybe I missed my point.. I am not buying into the Packers suddenly having balance because of one game.

I am saying it doesn't really matter.. the number of attempts is the key per the numbers.

No I don't think we are going to run for a 100 on the Falcons. Chances are very remote unless someone breaks one for a big'in.

We ran for a ton against the Cowboys this season.. we ran very effectively against the 9ers.. and we followed both up with little to no production in yards via the run the following week.

Attempts for the Packers are important though.. in games were we ran the ball with the backs for more than 20 times a game.. we are 7-1.

THe problem with that is. . WHEN were those runs? YOu will naturally have more rushes in games you win. . because you are going to run the ball to run out the clock allot late. . . and those runs don't necessarily have anything to do with what got you to the win,.