10 Reasons Why The Falcons are Peaking At Right Time

MagnusXXIII

1. Cornerback play is the best it has been in years. This was Grime's breakout year ... So much so that Dunta is starting to get the ball thrown his way. And although he does not have the ball skills of Grimes ... He is usually able to get into position to defend. William Moore is improving by the day. He reminds me of Lawyer Milloy except 13 years younger and on steroids. Williams and Owens are solid in the nickel and dime.

2. Peterson, Abe, and Gonzo realize this may be thier last, best chance for a ring. Not only will they play inspired ... As veteran leaders they will have that locker room jacked.

3. WR depth. Jenkins is quietly having his best season. Taking pressure off of Roddy who is due for a big game. Harry Douglas is starting to hear his name called. Finneran is always solid. And Jason Snelling is healthy and an effective check down option.

4. D'line - Everyone healthy. Corey Peters is only getting better. Same with Vance Walker. Predicting Biermann gets a sack Saturday. Peria Jerry is an x-factor.

5. Coaching. We learn from our mistakes. We saw our defense arrive against New Orleans ... But a stale offensive game plan cost us the game. We will pass to open the run as necessary. We will play to win rather than not to lose.

6. Georgia Dome

7. Bye week

8. The memory of 1980

9. The disrespect ... Bordering on heckling from the media will take off pressure and motivate

10. O'line ... This could be the last time this group of guys play together ... They know that ... And they won't let it end before Dallas

3. WR depth. Jenkins is quietly having his best season. Taking pressure off of Roddy who is due for a big game. Harry Douglas is starting to hear his name called. Finneran is always solid. And Jason Snelling is healthy and an effective check down option.

4. D'line - Everyone healthy. Corey Peters is only getting better. Same with Vance Walker. Predicting Biermann gets a sack Saturday. Peria Jerry is an x-factor.

5. Coaching. We learn from our mistakes. We saw our defense arrive against New Orleans ... But a stale offensive game plan cost us the game. We will pass to open the run as necessary. We will play to win rather than not to lose.

No more Turner run on first down would go a long way. Does MM know what a first down screen is? And yes Snelling healthy for 3rd down swing passes and runs could be huge.

Yay for motivational posts! I sir agree with your analysis and look forward to a good trouncing being put down by our team this Sunday.

You should have given one nod to our Coach though. Seriously, Mike Smith is a beast.

Love Coach Smith ... I just think MM does take the occasional game off ... He won't however against GB.

Good post and I agree ... except that Bryan Williams is our third-best corner. He has played fantastic all season. I know some are still pizzed at him for all those whiffs on Drew Brees, but remember -- he did get to Brees in the first place, Brees is very good at dodging pressure and getting the ball off, and the Falcons have been working on improving in this very area.

Good post and I agree ... except that Bryan Williams is our third-best corner. He has played fantastic all season. I know some are still pizzed at him for all those whiffs on Drew Brees, but remember -- he did get to Brees in the first place, Brees is very good at dodging pressure and getting the ball off, and the Falcons have been working on improving in this very area.

I mention Williams as solid in the nickel.

Also...

12. Matt Ryan has seen the playoffs once before ... He will not go one and out.

13. Sean Weatherspoon is finally healthy.

11. weems has come into his own in DEC and he will follow through in JAN!!

Our SPT has improved overall especially in K/punt coverage. We averaged nearly 10 more yards per KR against the Packers. The Packers averaged around 22yrds and the Falcons 31 yrds. That distance made a big difference in the last game and I believe that our SPT is playing much better than before. Our SPT superiority overall will tip the balance in ATL's favor. +1

1. Cornerback play is the best it has been in years. This was Grime's breakout year ... So much so that Dunta is starting to get the ball thrown his way. And although he does not have the ball skills of Grimes ... He is usually able to get into position to defend. William Moore is improving by the day. He reminds me of Lawyer Milloy except 13 years younger and on steroids. Williams and Owens are solid in the nickel and dime.

2. Peterson, Abe, and Gonzo realize this may be thier last, best chance for a ring. Not only will they play inspired ... As veteran leaders they will have that locker room jacked.

6. Georgia Dome

7. Bye week

8. The memory of 1980

9. The disrespect ... Bordering on heckling from the media will take off pressure and motivate

10. O'line ... This could be the last time this group of guys play together ... They know that ... And they won't let it end before Dallas

Epic Fail! :lol: