If the Falcons lose to Packers

Shredman

would the season be a waste ??????

i mean all the things we did this season

would it matter if we lose in our first playoff game at home ??????

for me, it would be a tough pill to swallow

even worse than 80

this team looks alot like that 1980 team

Bart= Ryan

Jenkins= White

Andrews= Turner

Benett= Smith

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even worse than 80

Bart= Ryan

Jenkins= White

Andrews= Turner

Benett= Smith

For me it would be devastating.

I know I should get a life.

But we worked too hard not to at least make it to the big dance.

I would be very disappointed. You dont go 13-3 and get #1seed, only to be a one and done team. We would be the laughing stock of the NFL. Media would never let us hear the end of it. We always want respect, where here is were you earn it.

I Agree

it would be more than devastating

even worse than 80

Bart= Ryan

Jenkins= White

Andrews= Turner

Benett= Smith

I was 14 years old that year. My Dad and I watched that gane with expectation. Most of my life being a falcons fan I have watched games with "HOPE" This game like 1980 and I preparing with "Expectation" Thatscares me just a little bit. I can't wait for Saturday.

No! Under this coaching and management regime we would seek the 2 or 3 necessary ingredients (a deep threat at WR, a reliable speed back, and another DE, in my opinion) to get us right back here next season. We are on the up swing with our youth/speed movement and our 3 year, Pro Bowl QB.

even worse than 80

For those of us that remember, losing to Dallas was far less expected than losing to Green Bay would be. We were clearly the better team than Dallas that season. I think the Falcons and Packers are two very evenly matched teams and the odds makers who make a living knowing this type of thing--without the emotion--must agree based on the small point spread.

Should we lose--and we will not lose if our coaching has the right offensive and defensive game plan we are equal or better on turnovers--it will be very disappointing, but the loss to Dallas in 1980 was devastating!

No! Under this coaching and management regime we would seek the 2 or 3 necessary ingredients (a deep threat at WR, a reliable speed back, and another DE, in my opinion) to get us right back here next season. We are on the up swing with our youth/speed movement and our 3 year, Pro Bowl QB.

even worse than 80

For those of us that remember, losing to Dallas was far less expected than losing to Green Bay would be. We were clearly the better team than Dallas that season. I think the Falcons and Packers are two very evenly matched teams and the odds makers who make a living knowing this type of thing--without the emotion--must agree based on the small point spread.

Should we lose--and we will not lose if our coaching has the right offensive and defensive game plan we are equal or better on turnovers--it will be very disappointing, but the loss to Dallas in 1980 was devastating!

well in 1980

we hadnt had the success over a 3 yr period that we have had

Bart was not 20-2 @ Home

and the Cowboys in 1980s were like the Patriots now

soooooooo yea

I think this loss would be worse

alot worse

the Packers found a run game vs Eagles

Eagles dont have near the LBs we have , esp in the Middle

nor do they have the DTs we have

Packers are still a 1 dim football team

so yea, it would be worse

We're not discussing LOSING at this point. Bad Karma...don't even think it!!! Shut this thread down until after the game. :angry:

I Think the Falcons need to see it.....

there is no tomorrow now

after the game it wont matter

I Think the Falcons should win this game

if they dont

it will have nothing to do with this thread , trust me....

If we lose then we are who the media thought we are.

It would be disappointing but not devestating.

Y'all wouldn't be able to handle the Ain't troll backlash.

1980 was worse.

Yeah I would: "Hey, shouldn't the fans of the team that got bounced by Seattle just shut up and go home?"

Yeah I would: "Hey, shouldn't the fans of the team that got bounced by Seattle just shut up and go home?"

we are talking about Saints fans here lol

but yea, we always have that worst Playoff team thing to Counter if we do lose

if we win

not only do they not show

But idiots like T Dilfer and S Bayless will be eating Crow all summer B)

well in 1980

we hadnt had the success over a 3 yr period that we have had

Bart was not 20-2 @ Home

and the Cowboys in 1980s were like the Patriots now

soooooooo yea

I think this loss would be worse

alot worse

the Packers found a run game vs Eagles

Eagles dont have near the LBs we have , esp in the Middle

nor do they have the DTs we have

Packers are still a 1 dim football team

so yea, it would be worse

The Cowboys were not a dominant team in 1980 as they were beaten pretty convincingly the following week by Philadelphia who went on to be convincingly beaten by Oakland in the Super Bowl.

Regardless, you bring up some good points so we can respectfully disagree on the impact a loss would have. I think it is a moot point anyway! wink.gif

I Think the Falcons need to see it.....

there is no tomorrow now

after the game it wont matter

I Think the Falcons should win this game

if they dont

it will have nothing to do with this thread , trust me....

I'm sure the Falcons figured that out in 2008 after the Arizona game.

If that wasn't enough then the Monday Night Saints game was probably a good reminder.

But do we really need to start threads like this NOW? There will be plenty of time to discuss things later.

DO NOT temp the football gods...

Wont be too bad if we lose, Eagles already got bounced and Saints got dropped by the worst team in playoff history. Those are really the only two teams I didnt want to lose to, Packers are a good team with classy players and fans, it will sting but it wont be the end of the world, if anything it will make our guys even more hungry next season.

it is gonna suck if we dont win, but no way is it a waste.

We saw some great players develop.

We gained major relevence around the league.

ATL is a very young team (avg age 26) and this team will only get better.

Since the clock isnt running out by any means for this team (aside from 2-3 players) no season is a waste.

Would it be a waste?

From the outside looking in.. no.

Many teams get close and knocking on the door before they get their card to the big dance.. it identifies what is lacking and gives the personnel department and coaching staff a blueprint to build from.

Only one team hoists the hardware at the end of the year.. and does it really matter when you lose if you are holding the Lombardi at the end?

Guest mashburn

stupid thread. sorry for knocking on you, but how could you start something like this? I look at this with great expectations as I always do. I see way to many positives to think there is a slight chance we could L.

and you think the falcons need to see something like this? really, do you not think they know this? they do know they lost three games, they do know that top teams crash sometimes (unbeatable pats to was the worst team in the playoffs giants), they do know it was a close call last time packers and falcons met; but I can assure you that has built them up, they know they better win, they know this is our time, they know there a number one team for a reason, they were praticully ranked on NFL boards as NFC #1 all year, they will make sure there is no close down to the minute game with green bay.

but let me ask you what will you be doing in your seat at the game? will you rise up? be the 12th man? make so much noise that you could make a 7-9 team win? we are 13-3 think of the noise that could do for us.

don't just come and realize we could L a game, but look past that and grow, look at what could bring us down and how we can make sure they don't hit our weeks points. look at there weak points and make sure you hit them everydown. and mike smith is the number one coach in the playoffs this year for those reason.

so stop with your posting of what if. and start with posting on how to rise up, how to not expose our weak points, how GB has weak points, etc...

rise up everyone and let our voices be heard and make the noise of champions. we will not be 300 and have a pride fall, we are 70,000+ fans in the dome. we can make them wish they were never given this oppurtunity to face the number one seed, they would wish they could go back home and play in the pee-wee leagues. this is our time, our dome, our HOME.... my home. now start making the noise at the start of kickoff and don't stop unless our O is on the ground. don't even stop when they call pointless timeout to try and think what they want to do.

Extremely disappointing would be an understatement. 1 and done after we lost in the playoffs 3 years ago and after being the #1 seed and going 7-1 at home with the only loss coming to a lucky taint team.

would have to get ready for a lot of smack talk from a lot of packer fans I know, though they've been fairly classy so far this week knowing their the underdog

I think the Falcons are going to win Saturday....being at home and coming off a bye when the Packers are playing their 4 straight elimination game is a big advantage.

That being said, I would have to respond with a resounding NO to the question of whether this season will have been a waste.

The only team in the league that has gotten more out of it's talent is the NE Patriots.

The Packers depth at WR is a problem for the Falcons. It was a problem in the first game and I expect it to be in this game too, because the Falcons aren't good at CB3 and CB4.

That being said, the Packers will have to come in very sharp to win this game, and I doubt they do it.

But I won't remember this season as a waste if the Falcons lose, I will always remember this team as overachievers, regardless of what happens Saturday.

even worse than 80

Bart= Ryan

Jenkins= White

Andrews= Turner

Benett= Smith

Well I'll take that this falcons team is talented enough to win it all if they lose now it's mental as much anything.

Sure green bay can win but they shouldn't be able to come in to the dome and beat the falcons if the birds are legit. Falcons are they win 24-14

Well I'll take that this falcons team is talented enough to win it all if they lose now it's mental as much anything.

Sure green bay can win but they shouldn't be able to come in to the dome and beat the falcons if the birds are legit. Falcons are they win 24-14

Both these teams are good - more or less equally matched. It's gonna come down to who wants it more.