Bayless at it again...

Dirty Harry

With school canceled, I'm flipping through channels and come to First Down right when they are talking about GB/Atl. I didn't see it all, but Skip said "the falcons could have lost 7 games this season. Their 9 lives have run out, they won't have a tenth one in the playoffs."

I've read many report throughout the season how negative he is toward the falcons and reactions differ. I'm starting to come down on the side that he just generally dislikes us. There is no conspiracy to get ratings. He just flat out doesn't like our style of play and is not afraid to say it.

He was also shocked we were 2 1/2 point favorites and expects it to change. I hope it does, being the underdog is great. It will be so sweet to rub it in all of the nay-sayers' faces when we win it all, God willing. lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2.5 point favorites at home is not favorites at all. It's saying on a neutral site the teams match up even, or in other words we're only favoring Atlanta on the line because they are playing at home. Which = no respect.

Seattle was a dangerous team that got up when others wrote them off and if Atlanta gets that same extra incentive they could come out firing on all cylinders and smack the Packers in the mouth. The Falcons earned the 13-3, #1 seed for a reason and beating the Packers earlier in the season is part of that reason.

I expect the Falcons to Rise Up and get it done this weekend.

Oh, and for the record Skip Bayless is predictable: He says whatever generates the most shock and awe to stir the pot.

Exactly man. Every time he is debating somebody on his show you can see them looking at him like.. "wtf?" he is just tryna get a reaction outta people and generate ratings.

To be perfectly honest, the Falcons could have lost sixteen games this season, as could the other thirty-one teams in the league. I'd agree with Bayless that the Falcons have led a charmed existence at times this season. I wouldn't agree, though, that they've run out of mojo.

On Sunday night the game opened up at 1.5 so a bunch of bettors have been throwing down some serious jack on Atlanta early in the week. I had no idea it was up to 2.5.

Skip is right that the Falcons "could have" lost a bunch of those close games, but that really has no bearing on this week's game.

If anything, it's evidence that the Falcons won't crack under the pressure, because they have been there so many times.

The thing I don't get is when other quarterbacks find a way to win the close games, the media is talks about them like gods. It seems like when Ryan wins the close ones, "he got lucky". I just hope he and the other Falcons use the disrespect of the media as motivation to not just beat the Packers, but to destroy them.

My link

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.canadianwetbasementsolutions.com

The thing I don't get is when other quarterbacks find a way to win the close games, the media is talks about them like gods. It seems like when Ryan wins the close ones, "he got lucky". I just hope he and the other Falcons use the disrespect of the media as motivation to not just beat the Packers, but to destroy them.

I know a certain futer HOF QB that owes his SB rings to a kicker

Edited by harveybirdman

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

Skip always struck me as a second rate guy. If the Falcons had lost those 7 games he was talking about, then he'd be touting them as a talented, dangerous sleeper team who could sneak up on anyone.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

When are you all gonna stop listening to Skip Bayless? The guy is an idiot of the First Degree! I remember when he covered the Cowboys he use to constantly accuse Troy Aikman of being Gay and he said he had proof. What it ended up being is Skippy boy had a whopper size man-crush on poor old Troy.

How that whining simp still has a job is beyond me!:rolleyes:

Bayless the fool

When are you all gonna stop listening to Skip Bayless? The guy is an idiot of the First Degree! I remember when he covered the Cowboys he use to constantly accuse Troy Aikman of being Gay and he said he had proof. What it ended up being is Skippy boy had a whopper size man-crush on poor old Troy.

How that whining simp still has a job is beyond me!:rolleyes:

Funny but interesting point.

Skip mentioned Danny White today, and called him the "Master of Disaster." Matt Ryan has as many wins as Danny does in his first 3 years of NFL service. The record is 33 wins (White and Ryan share that). Yet, no acknowledgment of Ryan.

Favre's out. Aikman's gone.

Yet Skip still loves him some Michael Vick.

Me thinks Skip has jungle fever.

I couldn't care less what these guys say usually, but I'm already sick of listening to this Green Bay talk. It's been going on since they made it a game against NE, who was clearly overlooking them.

I think the Falcons are already sick of it, too. They've been listening to how anybody can come in and beat us in our place, like we are some 5-11 team with no HFA at all.

I seldom predict anything but a close game unless it's a team like Carolina. Having said that, I fully believe the Falcons are going to be so PO'd at everybody this week that they will go in that game and blow Green Bay off the field.

The Falcons will use alot of no-huddle to wear out the Pack's front, they'll hit a couple of deep pass plays, and Turner might be grinding to begin with, but as the game progresses, he'll pass 100 yds easily. Defensively, the Falcons are strong in leadership and focus, and they will come ready to play. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a multi-sack game with alot of different pressure looks, and I expect Grimetime will get his at some point.

On another thread, I had us winning 31-17 with a late score sealing the deal. Now, I don't even think that. I think the Falcons might win this thing by 17-20 points. I'll stand here and dare them to stop us, because frankly, I don't expect them to be able to hang with the BEST team in the NFC.

With school canceled, I'm flipping through channels and come to First Down right when they are talking about GB/Atl. I didn't see it all, but Skip said "the falcons could have lost 7 games this season. Their 9 lives have run out, they won't have a tenth one in the playoffs."

I've read many report throughout the season how negative he is toward the falcons and reactions differ. I'm starting to come down on the side that he just generally dislikes us. There is no conspiracy to get ratings. He just flat out doesn't like our style of play and is not afraid to say it.

He was also shocked we were 2 1/2 point favorites and expects it to change. I hope it does, being the underdog is great. It will be so sweet to rub it in all of the nay-sayers' faces when we win it all, God willing. lol

idk who hates us more skip or dilfer

Funny but interesting point.

Skip mentioned Danny White today, and called him the "Master of Disaster." Matt Ryan has as many wins as Danny does in his first 3 years of NFL service. The record is 33 wins (White and Ryan share that). Yet, no acknowledgment of Ryan.

Favre's out. Aikman's gone.

Yet Skip still loves him some Michael Vick.

Me thinks Skip has jungle fever.

That record is shared with a different Danny. One named Marino. Danny White did nothing but punt in his first years in the NFL.