My Local Walmart Cashing in on Falcons Success

Supes™

I live in Gainesville near a very busy Walmart Superstore. They almost never carry any Falcons gear during the season, but always dedicate an aisle or two to the Ga. Bulldogs. This season was no exception. Not even a Falcons key chain or beer coolie all season. I ducked in just before this snow storm to grab a few supplies and lo and behold, there's a giant rack of Falcons "jerseys". Ryan, Turner, White, etc. They were of the cheapest quality, very thin material, printed-on names, numbers and logos, and they wanted $35.00 ea. for 'em. You'll find 'em on sale when our season ends, however and whenever it ends, for $8.99, I'm sure.

I hate that store and have sworn off shopping there many times. Always swamped, never enough cashiers, etc. Problem is, my shopping list usually looks something like this:

Milk

Peanut Butter

Ribs

Beer

Socks

Jeans

Microwave oven

Oil change, tire rotation

Where else am I gonna go? :P

We were in north GA in the Summer visiting some of my relatives and I was planning on hitting the supercenter in Elijay for some "affordable" Falcons gear for the wife and kids (and me of course)

And they had NOTHING, I had assumed that it was due to increased licensing fees. But to hear that they've only now jumped on the bandwagon...

tsk. tsk...

Shame on you China, Inc.

Edited by harveybirdman

I live in Gainesville near a very busy Walmart Superstore. They almost never carry any Falcons gear during the season, but always dedicate an aisle or two to the Ga. Bulldogs. This season was no exception. Not even a Falcons key chain or beer coolie all season. I ducked in just before this snow storm to grab a few supplies and lo and behold, there's a giant rack of Falcons "jerseys". Ryan, Turner, White, etc. They were of the cheapest quality, very thin material, printed-on names, numbers and logos, and they wanted $35.00 ea. for 'em. You'll find 'em on sale when our season ends, however and whenever it ends, for $8.99, I'm sure.

I hate that store and have sworn off shopping there many times. Always swamped, never enough cashiers, etc. Problem is, my shopping list usually looks something like this:

Milk

Peanut Butter

Ribs

Beer

Socks

Jeans

Microwave oven

Ive been to that walmart a few times...and ya I would like to say ive never seen a walmart and sams club side by side and that walmart is massive! ya its all cheap mechandise lol

Milk

Peanut Butter

Ribs

Beer

Socks

Jeans

Microwave oven

Last time I checked the cupboard was still bare in the PTC and Fayetteville area.

Not even a HAT! But they always have plenty of Dawgs and Braves gear.

Ive been to that walmart a few times...and ya I would like to say ive never seen a walmart and sams club side by side and that walmart is massive! ya its all cheap mechandise lol

That's the one in Oakwood with the Sam's Club. The one in Gainesville has a Lowes next to it, where I once found a Falcons hard-hat. They wanted $40.00. I didn't buy it. ^_^

That's the one in Oakwood with the Sam's Club. The one in Gainesville has a Lowes next to it, where I once found a Falcons hard-hat. They wanted $40.00. I didn't buy it. ^_^

Oh didnt know of the other one lol. Ya I wouldnt buy nothing anywhere else besides online unless it is cheap...15% off from Falcons all day lol

Your list is like mine, except I get toilet paper and am sure to include beer twice. :P

Edit: I never (almost) shop at Chimart, er, I mean Walmart for the same reasons you listed.

Any emergency provisions list must have alcohol and toilet paper.

While I was in college there was a hurricane scare for Southeast Ga and everyone at the grocery store was loading up on canned food and bottled water. My roommates and I had steaks, beer, and toilet paper... nothing but the essentials.

:)

I work up in Gainesville and I go to that Walmart frequently and I've always said that. It's all Dawgs and no Falcons. I think I know the jerseys that you are talking about also. They look like a kids football practice jersey you could get for less than ten bucks with the helmet iron on the side.

If you could figure out a way to get the ribs and oil change online I would do it. :D

I gots some of that Hot Sauce from there yesterday and made chili last night.

Had to slide down the driveway this morning in an attempt

to cool things off. :o

Needless to say nothing cooled off, but it melted the ice

all the way down.

Should have driveway completely cleared by 3 pm. :)

I work up in Gainesville and I go to that Walmart frequently and I've always said that. It's all Dawgs and no Falcons. I think I know the jerseys that you are talking about also. They look like a kids football practice jersey you could get for less than ten bucks with the helmet iron on the side.

If you could figure out a way to get the ribs and oil change online I would do it. :D

Or you can change the oil yourself from an oil rig in your back yard, and cut the ribs out of a cow from your cattle farm.

Mr.Big stuff lol jk....the rest of us southners cant say the same lol....we go once or more a week

About 8 years ago we took a bunch of family with us to Disney. We are in the "happiest place on earth" and my FiL left a beautiful Disney resort 3 times in a weeks time to go to walmart. He went to walmart more often than he went to the parks.

About 8 years ago we took a bunch of family with us to Disney. We are in the "happiest place on earth" and my FiL left a beautiful Disney resort 3 times in a weeks time to go to walmart. He went to walmart more often than he went to the parks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I always see some folks at this one that aren't even shopping. They're just walkin' around to see and be seen!

Milk

Peanut Butter

Ribs

Beer

Socks

Jeans

Microwave oven

Yeah, they never have Falcons stuff. When you go in the left entrance, that whole aisle at the beginning is usually UGA stuff. They have had hats in the past, but that's about it. I hate that Wal Mart... but it's Wal Mart so it's a necessary evil lol.

My local wal mart carries those McFarland (sp) action figures, but all they have are Tony Homo, Felix Jones (?) and Ed Reed. I have looked there for months for a Matt Ryan or Turner figure, but no luck. I understand Dallas is supposed to be America's team but why have Felix Jones, he's not even that good of a Cowgirl.

I refuse to go to Walmart. I go to Target when I have to buy what I can't get at the local market, and I can tell you, they are all about some Redskins up here in DC. You can't walk 10 feet without bumping into something Skins related. It's a shame it's not like that back home, especially considering the Skins are a joke.

Milk

Peanut Butter

Ribs

Beer

Socks

Jeans

Microwave oven

Where else am I gonna go? tongue.gif

Just as close to go to the one at 400 at Dawsonville or Oakwood,and far better as service.