Mike Smith is the Key to Saturdays game

real_fan

I think the key to this game is on Mularkey and BVG.. if they play their good games, where Mike Smith basically tells them "Get your a#% in shape or your fired".. like after the Philly game.. then we'll win no prob.

If they play their horrible games like BVG playing "bend-dont-break" crap zone all day and Mularkey calling turner up the middle on first down every single time like the Saints game, then we'll lose.

I hope they both get fired after the season, or at least mularkey going somewhere else (PLEASEEE god Raiders or Broncos hire him!)

I think the key to this game is on Mularkey and BVG.. if they play their good games, where Mike Smith basically tells them "Get your a#% in shape or your fired".. like after the Philly game.. then we'll win no prob.

If they play their horrible games like BVG playing "bend-dont-break" crap zone all day and Mularkey calling turner up the middle on first down every single time like the Saints game, then we'll lose.

I hope they both get fired after the season, or at least mularkey going somewhere else (PLEASEEE god Raiders or Broncos hire him!)

Wow. . its amazing that both of our 'crap' coordinators somehow just luckily happen to be on a 13 - 3 team. Is it just POSSIBLE that they understand what they are doing and the limitations and abilities of the players better than you do?

Why would you want BVG fired? Our defense was ranked number 5 in pts allowed this year at alittle over 18.

Mike Smith will go for it on Fourth down and trust his players to make plays. I know the team will respond.

Actually, he needs to go for it when appropriate (New Orleans) and when not (Seattle). You need the best marriage of courage, intelligence, experience and wisdom when making these potentially game changing or game deciding decisions...not just pure emotion.

Smith has, on occasion, let his emotions overpower his logic on some 4th down calls and some challenges. He'd better get it right on Saturday and beyond!

...Mularkey calling turner up the middle on first down every single time like the Saints game, then we'll lose.I hope they both get fired after the season, or at least mularkey going somewhere else (PLEASEEE god Raiders or Broncos hire him!)

I think you meant if McClure whiffs on a snap or Turner fumbles on the goal line like they did in the Aint game, we will lose.

Do you know what all four of the wild card round winners did last weekend? Ran the football. Manning and Brees had good passing games and lost!

Cluelessness and Madden pass happy hysteria is running rampant on this board.

Watching the replay last night, it showed that a couple of breaks could have led to Atlanta breaking the game. Those breaks are execution by the players - catch the ball and make tackles.

I think Green Bay won't run as effective as they did against Philly but will continue to try. We need to tackle a little better than we have and make sure no over the top plays by Jennings occurs.

The replay showed me last night we should win the game and could win big if everyone starts fast and stays focused.

I think you meant if McClure whiffs on a snap or Turner fumbles on the goal line like they did in the Aint game, we will lose.

Do you know what all four of the wild card round winners did last weekend? Ran the football. Manning and Brees had good passing games and lost!

Offensive gameplans not based around forty yard passes are worthless, goes conventional 'wisdom'. . .

We should do 'Big Ben Right' every play of the first quarter, then to really mess them up, do 'Big Ben Left' for the second quarter. Then in the third quarter, run a triple reverse on every down. For the fourth quarter, we punt every time we have a first down. They'll never be expecting that.

Yes, thats true, but somebody has to tell mularkey to be less predictable with the formations when we try to run the ball, those three tight sets and 22 formations are obvious running formations, try to spread the field 3wr 2rb or a simple i formation with 2 wr, more often than not the playcalling is not bad but too predicatble so he has to make some adjustments and the offense will do good.