Greenbay had no run game first time we beat them

No i didnt only the Saints game, look i want us to win, but im just telling the truth. I know football.

Dude, do yourself a favor. Stop pretending that you want the Falcons to do well.

With this username, you've started 9 threads this year. One was about Tom Brady. All of the rest were threads intended to slam the Falcons franchise QB or the team in general and/or imply that the Falcons would be better off with Vick as QB.

He's gone.....from this team, for four years now, and from this year's playoffs.

It's time for you to move on and become an Eagles fan, or embrace the team we have.

If you aren't willing to do either of those things, at least stop pretending like you want the Falcons to do well. You are just making yourself look stupid.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hits Vick took in the games that i seen were because of his Oline , particularly on the right side had trouble blocking. Theyre offensive line was so bad they had to leave Celek in to block alot this season.

He had no offseason with the starters dude and this was his 1st season getting back used to being a starter in 4yrs and He got the Eagles to the playoffs so really your argument holds no merit. He got blitzed the first half of the season dude and he beat teams including the Giants twice.

Problem is Teams come up with all these unconventional blitzes that any other qb wouldnt recognize. The Eagles will adjust to them in the offseason and work on it. They know how teams plan to defend Vick now. Ryan is not better than Vick and I guarantee you he will lose this week end. Bank on it.

"Unconventional blitzes any other QB wouldn't recognize"? You keep claiming you know football then make statements like this. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, Rivers, Ryan and others would chew up a corner blitz and spit out a TD.

So, why does a "falcons fan" spend all his time on the board bragging on Vick the first half of the year and then defending Vick when he does his traditional late year fade? Why does a "falcons fan" continually run down the best QB this team has ever had? Yes, Ryan has flaws, but he has so many positives that you never mention. Why does a "falcons fan" belittle every win the falcons have?

Ryan is better than Vick in so many ways it's sad that a "Falcons fan" can't see that.

In 46 career starts, Ryan is 33-13 for 71% winning percentage, in 79 starts, Vick is 46-31-1 for 59%. That's 13 fewer wins in 7 fewer years, 5 fewer if you don't count the 2 Vick missed while he was a guest of the feds.

Ryan has started 46 of a possible 48 starts, Vick 79 of a possible 128- 2 missed starts Vs 48 missed starts. Ryan starts 96% of his team's games, Vick 62%.

Ryan has 13 game winning drives, Vick 11.

Ryan is 17-0 against sub 500 teams, Vick has lost 10 times.

If you compare their first possible 48 starts, Ryan has 33 victories, no one has more for a start to their career, after his first 48 possible starts, Vick was 12-8-1.

Yes, Vick makes more spectacular plays, but too often, he's not on the field and too often, those plays don't translate into wins.

The only contribution I can make here is that Starks is a completely different back than Jackson. It wont be quite as easy to bottle him up, that said, watching that Falcon front 7 last time against the run was not pleasant!

Starks is better than Jackson. Greenbay will beat the Falcons watch. They let the Eagles back up quarterback Kevin Kolb beat them.

"Unconventional blitzes any other QB wouldn't recognize"? You keep claiming you know football then make statements like this. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, Rivers, Ryan and others would chew up a corner blitz and spit out a TD.

So, why does a "falcons fan" spend all his time on the board bragging on Vick the first half of the year and then defending Vick when he does his traditional late year fade? Why does a "falcons fan" continually run down the best QB this team has ever had? Yes, Ryan has flaws, but he has so many positives that you never mention. Why does a "falcons fan" belittle every win the falcons have?

Ryan is better than Vick in so many ways it's sad that a "Falcons fan" can't see that.

In 46 career starts, Ryan is 33-13 for 71% winning percentage, in 79 starts, Vick is 46-31-1 for 59%. That's 13 fewer wins in 7 fewer years, 5 fewer if you don't count the 2 Vick missed while he was a guest of the feds.

Ryan has started 46 of a possible 48 starts, Vick 79 of a possible 128- 2 missed starts Vs 48 missed starts. Ryan starts 96% of his team's games, Vick 62%.

If you compare their first possible 48 starts, Ryan has 33 victories, no one has more for a start to their career, after his first 48 possible starts, Vick was 12-8-1.

Yes, Vick makes more spectacular plays, but too often, he's not on the field and too often, those plays don't translate into wins.

This is Vick's first season starting in 4 years so lets take that into account so eventually he would wear down. Of course nobody expected the Eagles to even make it to the playoffs. That team is flawed all the way around from their special teams never getting Vick a short field and always starting from the 20 or from his endzone. They have the last ranked redzone defense which means they always get scored on in the redzone no matter how bad the team is that they are playing. As far as the blitzes go.

Vick reckognizes them , but he chose to go for the long ball instead of taking the checkdowns. Which is in fact on him. He said it in an interview this week. That can be corrected in the offseason. However he still had to outscore teams because of their awful defense. His offensive line on the right side is very awful as well.

They need to get RT & RG. They always get blown up by defenders. Even if Vick gets rid of the ball quickly he still ends up on ground. If youre trying to say Ryan is better than the Vick that is playing for the eagles, YOU MY FRIEND DONT KNOW FOOTBALL. Ryan , Brady,Manning, nor Brees would survive behind that bad offensive line.

atlhomey said: A bunch of unsubstantiated crap

You seem pretty sure of yourself. If I had such confidence in my prediction abilities I would have laid down some serious coin on this game. How much do you have riding on it? Zero? Yeah that's what I thought.

Lay down some significant cash then come back and tell us about how much you know about football. Otherwise just keep guessing and pretending.

If there's one sure bet today it's that you don't know as much as you think you do.

Vick won in the playoffs WITHOUT STUDYING HIS PLAYBOOK. So as far as those stats go you may as well throw that out the window. Save your breath. I would much rather win playoff games instead of just having great numbers. This is Ryan's 3rd season and how many playoff victories does he have? exactly like i thought and he still wont have one after today.

Secondly you mention all these stats when those were two different Falcons teams. Ryan has a better coach than Vick had and more weapons. Vick was playing with rookie Roddy. Ryan got the mature Roddy White that stopped dropping passes. Ryan has a RB that could take it to the house on any carry. Warrick dunn never had 17tds in a season like Turner. Algae was Good, but he isnt a hall of fame tight end like Tony Gonzales either. O and Vick didnt have another reciever thats decent like a Harry Douglas. Vick only had Finneran and Crumpler. Ryan has all those guys and some. Not to mention he has Harvey Dahl and Sam Baker blocking for him. So save the BS

Edited by atlhomey

You seem pretty sure of yourself. If I had such confidence in my prediction abilities I would have laid down some serious coin on this game. How much do you have riding on it? Zero? Yeah that's what I thought.

Lay down some significant cash then come back and tell us about how much you know about football. Otherwise just keep guessing and pretending.

If there's one sure bet today it's that you don't know as much as you think you do.

I bet $250 on this game and i will be sure to collect it after the Falcons lose. You on the other hand wont be anywhere to be found after this game.

It will be hard for you to stick with your bull**** "I'm a Falcons fan" argument after this post. Not that any of us buy it anyway.

I am , im a realist. When people try to bring up Vick. I correct them. Secondly why are we talking about Vick in this thread in the first place? Ryan wont ever be on his level. Ryan will be a decent qb im sure. But Vick is a special talent that only comes around once every 20 yrs. As far as bets go. Im a falcons fan, but i know they will lose. I bet alot on games. Its not uncommon to bet against your own team when you know they will lose. Ive made plenty of money off of it over the yrs.

I bet $250 on this game and i will be sure to collect it after the Falcons lose. You on the other hand wont be anywhere to be found after this game.

Only $250? Ooooh, betting the big bucks, really sure of yourself I see. Or, maybe that's a full month's pay?

And if you are so clairvoyant that you know exactly where I will or will not be after the game I really would suggest putting it to good use, you are really wasting your immense talents around here with us commoners.

It will be hard for you to stick with your bull**** "I'm a Falcons fan" argument after this post. Not that any of us buy it anyway.

LMAO! This is not the first time he has shown his true colors!

This what he wrote in another thread.

"I bet $ Rodgers and Greenbay will destroy our secondary this game and our team. Any bets? so while youre trying to point fingers at Vick you better be ready for Greenbay coming to town. This aint the regular season, its the playoffs."

atlhomey is nothing but a nutt hugger! atlhomey, do you spit or swallow?

I am , im a realist. When people try to bring up Vick. I correct them. Secondly why are we talking about Vick in this thread in the first place? Ryan wont ever be on his level. Ryan will be a decent qb im sure. But Vick is a special talent that only comes around once every 20 yrs. As far as bets go. Im a falcons fan, but i know they will lose. I bet alot on games. Its not uncommon to bet against your own team when you know they will lose. Ive made plenty of money off of it over the yrs.

Where did I bring up Vick? I was quoting your post where you said you bet against the Falcons.

Here's hoping after you lose $250 tonight you won't be able to pay your internet bill.

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

Pretty accurate prediction man