Greenbay had no run game first time we beat them

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't knocking Vick - i was mocking YOU.

you talk smack all year long, making snide comments about Ryan, trying to compare him unfavorably to Vick. then, when the tables turn, you run away.

Vick had an amazing season, considering the circumstances. his best season ever, in terms of QB stats.

and yet, not only did he cost his team a 1st round bye, but he choked up at the key moment of last week's wild card loss - check out DeSean Jackson's comments questioning why Vick tried to force that throw. is DJ a loud-mouth? yes. but now Reid is refusing to say who will be the starter next season. hardly the behavior of a player or HC who believes in Vick as their QB. i'm not denying Vick's talents, but you've taken every opportunity to exaggerate those talents and when the time came to acknowledge the flaws (still not great at reading coverages, still doesn't understand how to use the 'hot read' to save himself a few sacks or INTs), you bailed.

stop calling yourself a Falcons fan. it's okay, this board is free and lots of fans of other teams post on here. you don't have to fake it.

Yeah Vick lost that Vikings game. His only bad game all season. Peyton Manning threw 4 picks against the Cowturds and lost in Indy, Brees lost to seattle and Brady to the Browns. Every good qb has atleast a bad game or two.

i wasn't knocking Vick - i was mocking YOU.

you talk smack all year long, making snide comments about Ryan, trying to compare him unfavorably to Vick. then, when the tables turn, you run away.

Vick had an amazing season, considering the circumstances. his best season ever, in terms of QB stats.

and yet, not only did he cost his team a 1st round bye, but he choked up at the key moment of last week's wild card loss - check out DeSean Jackson's comments questioning why Vick tried to force that throw. is DJ a loud-mouth? yes. but now Reid is refusing to say who will be the starter next season. hardly the behavior of a player or HC who believes in Vick as their QB. i'm not denying Vick's talents, but you've taken every opportunity to exaggerate those talents and when the time came to acknowledge the flaws (still not great at reading coverages, still doesn't understand how to use the 'hot read' to save himself a few sacks or INTs), you bailed.

stop calling yourself a Falcons fan. it's okay, this board is free and lots of fans of other teams post on here. you don't have to fake it.

Desean dropped a pass that wouldve been a first down in the redzone. Which lead to Akers kicking a field goal and missing it. That probably wouldve been 7 if Desean didnt drop that pass. Desean throws all his qbs under the bus he did the same thing to Mcnabb. Desean is not about that team he is about himself. He is very easy to shut down against top defenses (Giants, Bears, Greenbay) shut him down with two deep safties. Eagles quit using him across the middle thanks to our beloved Dunta knocking the only sense that desean had left out of him. So if anything he should add himself to part of the reason the eagles lost. However the Eagles are not my team. Im just making a point.

Desean dropped a pass that wouldve been a first down in the redzone. Which lead to Akers kicking a field goal and missing it. That probably wouldve been 7 if Desean didnt drop that pass. Desean throws all his qbs under the bus he did the same thing to Mcnabb. Desean is not about that team he is about himself. He is very easy to shut down against top defenses (Giants, Bears, Greenbay) shut him down with two deep safties. Eagles quit using him across the middle thanks to our beloved Dunta knocking the only sense that desean had left out of him. So if anything he should add himself to part of the reason the eagles lost. However the Eagles are not my team. Im just making a point.

But your hero missed a wide open DeSean on the 10 yard line on the play he threw the game-killing pick. Whose fault is that?

Vick has been getting blitzed all season and beat them. He stopped trusting his protection because they kept getting him knocked around. Therefore he bailed out sooner than he had to. Any qb that gets knocked around everytime hes throwing the ball would do the same. Hits take their toll. He can read blitzes. He adjusted to it in the Greenbay game in the second half. Some of that is on the coaches and the Center to identify those blitzes as well and make adjustments also their coach doesnt like to run the ball to set up the pass and thats part of it also. I think you forgot to mention his recievers werent cutting off their routes at times to come back to the ball when they saw their qb in trouble being blitzed. That doesnt help.

Hits do take their toll. That's exactly why he has to learn how to avoid them. It's his fault he takes those hits at every point in the season. He has to learn to throw the ball to a part of the field where his player will be open. He has to learn to adjust his throws to account for timing with his WR's. In the NFL, you can't wait for your WR to get open before you throw the ball. As long as he keeps doing that, defenses will continue to tee off on him.

Watch Ryan against the blitz. He sees where it's coming from before the play starts. He sees the defensive alignment. He knows who he needs to throw to before the ball is snapped and what part of the field that player will be able to get open on. He then takes a quick drop and throws a touch pass with a little extra air under it to give the WR time to finish his route. Vick relies on his feet to buy himself time instead of trusting his WR's and throwing it somewhere they can go get it. As long as he continues to do that, he's going to keep taking those big shots.

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

Go suck on some cheese, homey.

Let's cut the crap with the GB running game. One lucky game all year and you guys are panicking. They will abandon the running game by halftime. If they want to rely on a rookie RB to beat us they will get their butts kicked. The less Rogers throws, the better. When you are losing, you won't be running anyway.

Let's cut the crap with the GB running game. One lucky game all year and you guys are panicking. They will abandon the running game by halftime. If they want to rely on a rookie RB to beat us they will get their butts kicked. The less Rogers throws, the better. When you are losing, you won't be running anyway.

Nobody is Panacking! We are just messing with this nutt hugger/fake a$$ falcon fan who started the topic.

So homey, you know football and yet,

• you predicted the falcons to lose the first GB game, you were wrong
  • you fail to understand that wins are more important than stats, because that's the only way Vick is better than Ryan.

• You failed to realize Vick would have the same pattern as his whole career- look good early, then get beat up, be ineffective and then lose to bad teams. I tried to warn you, but you were too excited by Vick's early success to listen.
  • You repeatedly failed to realize that Arizona is in the NFCW.
  • You think Harry Douglas 22/294/1 = Desean Jackson 47/1056/6. Right
  • You think Jenkins 41/502/2 is better than Maclin 70/964/10. How? In what way?
  • You don't realize that Gonzo is 2nd receiving option while Celek is 5th option for the eagles.
  • You think that because a beat-up eagle D allowed a 100 yard rusher that the pack has found a run game.

Still haven't explained how, in one post you can claim the pack has the worst run game in the league and then you start a thread claiming the pack has found a running game. So, are they the worst run game in the league or what?

Just hate when people overhype us thats all and i dont like Roddy going on his twitter trash talking other teams before we play them.

You don't know the difference between being excited and overhyping. Me and my fellow Falcons fans suppose to be excited about this teams direction. 13-3 Why can't we be excited. Let me guess....because your hating because your beloved Vick was booted out and Bounced out of the playoffs. "Gotcha"

Well 6 of those wins were gimmes. We played the entire NFC West - All teams with a losing record and beat the horrid panthers 2 times- Worst team in the NFL. That 13-3 record is quite deceiving.

Sir we earned that Record. Let me ask you a question. Did the Falcons lose to a under 500 team this year? But your Eagles did. :lol: My point is Phillyhomey the Falcons got the job done this season. The Falcons are not the flashes team in the world. But this is the most important stat of them all. 5th in the league allowing opposing team scores. 5th in the league in scoring. That's one of the main reasons why the Falcons are 13-3. You don't get a 13-3 record by mistake. Every team has to give everything they have intil the clock runs out. No excuses.

Yeah Vick lost that Vikings game. His only bad game all season. Peyton Manning threw 4 picks against the Cowturds and lost in Indy, Brees lost to seattle and Brady to the Browns. Every good qb has atleast a bad game or two.

This is funny. You try to discredit this Falcons team for beating a team under 500. So if the Falcons would have loss to a under 500 team this year, would you have said same thing about this Falcons team?

P.S Don't Bullsh*t me. :lol:

This is funny. You try to discredit this Falcons team for beating a team under 500. So if the Falcons would have loss to a under 500 team this year, would you have said same thing about this Falcons team?

P.S Don't Bullsh*t me. :lol:

I call it the phillyhomey Back-Pedal...

He's running out of material. It's called reaching.

Exactly.

We will see if i was right or not after this game. Have fun now while you can. I told you the Eagles are not my team. As far as losing to a team under 500. Falcons have a better defense than the Eagles. Brady lost to the Browns and Brees lost to seattle? So whats your point?

Hits do take their toll. That's exactly why he has to learn how to avoid them. It's his fault he takes those hits at every point in the season. He has to learn to throw the ball to a part of the field where his player will be open. He has to learn to adjust his throws to account for timing with his WR's. In the NFL, you can't wait for your WR to get open before you throw the ball. As long as he keeps doing that, defenses will continue to tee off on him.

Watch Ryan against the blitz. He sees where it's coming from before the play starts. He sees the defensive alignment. He knows who he needs to throw to before the ball is snapped and what part of the field that player will be able to get open on. He then takes a quick drop and throws a touch pass with a little extra air under it to give the WR time to finish his route. Vick relies on his feet to buy himself time instead of trusting his WR's and throwing it somewhere they can go get it. As long as he continues to do that, he's going to keep taking those big shots.

Hits Vick took in the games that i seen were because of his Oline , particularly on the right side had trouble blocking. Theyre offensive line was so bad they had to leave Celek in to block alot this season.

He had no offseason with the starters dude and this was his 1st season getting back used to being a starter in 4yrs and He got the Eagles to the playoffs so really your argument holds no merit. He got blitzed the first half of the season dude and he beat teams including the Giants twice.

Problem is Teams come up with all these unconventional blitzes that any other qb wouldnt recognize. The Eagles will adjust to them in the offseason and work on it. They know how teams plan to defend Vick now. Ryan is not better than Vick and I guarantee you he will lose this week end. Bank on it.

Edited by atlhomey

We will see if i was right or not after this game. Have fun now while you can. I told you the Eagles are not my team. As far as losing to a team under 500. Falcons have a better defense than the Eagles. Brady lost to the Browns and Brees lost to seattle? So whats your point?

Go back and read my post. I'm saying your discrediting this Falcons team for no apparent reason at all.

Another thing....answer the question. Would the same thing have been said if the Falcons loss to those under 500 teams this year? Because of right now you consider them as descent.

Hits Vick took in the games that i seen were because of his Oline , particularly on the right side had trouble blocking. Theyre offensive line was so bad they had to leave Celek in to block alot this season.

He had no offseason with the starters dude and this was his 1st season getting back used to being a starter in 4yrs and He got the Eagles to the playoffs so really your argument holds no merit. He got blitzed the first half of the season dude and he beat teams including the Giants twice.

Problem is Teams come up with all these unconventional blitzes that any other qb wouldnt recognize. The Eagles will adjust to them in the offseason and work on it. They know how teams plan to defend Vick now. Ryan is not better than Vick and I guarantee you he will lose this week end. Bank on it.

I'm betting you went 3-13 on your predictions this season. Bank on that.

And Ryan is better than Vick.

Yup, spoken like a true Falcons "fan."