Greenbay had no run game first time we beat them

atlhomey

Oddly - Vick's last Monday night game with us was against the Saints. That was back in Sept. 06.

What was that about Vick winning his Monday night games again?

Hey, tell me, did he only lose by 3 points as well in that game? Or maybe he only scored 3 points?

Can't remember.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly - Vick's last Monday night game with us was against the Saints. That was back in Sept. 06.

What was that about Vick winning his Monday night games again?

Hey, tell me, did he only lose by 3 points as well in that game? Or maybe he only scored 3 points?

Can't remember.

He didnt have Mike smith as his coach, Michael turner as his running back nor a reciever that could catch the ball either. He didnt have a hall of fame Tight end named Tony Gonzales nor a Good defense to stop Brees either. That game also was after Katrina. THe Saints were a better team that day.

Edited by atlhomey

He didnt have Mike smith as his coach, Michael turner as his running back nor a reciever that could catch the ball either. He didnt have a hall of fame Tight end named Tony Gonzales nor a Good defense to stop Brees either. That game also was after Katrina. THe Saints were a better team that day.

He did have $130M though. That was the highest sports contract of ANY athlete in the HISTORY of sports.

The offense was built around him TWICE.

There is no other athlete in sports to be coddled like Vick was.

Well alright then, he cant win Tuesday night games then. Happy? Like i said before that was in response to all the stupid Vick threads people make on this forum trying to compare him and Ryan which is stupid. VICK IS NOT A FALCON ANYMORE,WORRY ABOUT THE TEAM AND NOT MAKE A MILLION THREADS TO BASH OUR FORMER QB. Because Vick at this point in his career is better than Ryan. Hes probably a top 5 qb behind Manning,Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

your such an idiot,it isnt even funny anymore...used to lmao at you,but your schtick is getting tiresome

The team that wins usually is considered a better team that day. Saints are a much better team now than they were in '06 though, especially on defense.

By the same token - maybe if Ryan had DeSean Jackson, McCoy, Samuel, Avant, Trent Cole, Jason Peters, Celek and Maclin - he would have won Monday night.

Who knows? You play with the guys on your team.

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

And the biggest idiot of this board is back. I guess your homey vick didn't make it, and you had to bring your hate back. Be an idiot elsewhere.

The team that wins usually is considered a better team that day. Saints are a much better team now than they were in '06 though, especially on defense.

By the same token - maybe if Ryan had DeSean Jackson, McCoy, Samuel, Avant, Trent Cole, Jason Peters, Celek and Maclin - he would have won Monday night.

Who knows? You play with the guys on your team.

Yeah and how about we give Ryan a Desean and throw in the Eagles offensive line while we're at it and lets see how often he gets him the ball with defenders living in his back field

For the record we already have our Desean Jackson= Harry Douglas if Ryan would just stop over and under throwing him every game and last time i checked Roddy is better than Desean so what is your point? Turner>>> Mccoy

Finneran >>Avant

Gonzales >> Celek

Jenkins>> Maclin

Edited by atlhomey

I would much rather have Jeremy Maclin over Michael Jenkins, and McCoy is a different kind of RB than Michael Turner. I don't think Turner would be as effective in a Philly type of offense, nor would McCoy be as effective in our offense. Roddy may be a better receiver, but DeSean is definitely more explosive. He's the kind of player that can score on any given play and often he makes Vick look better than he really is, because he's able to literally outrun everybody on the field.

I am not a troll. I am a realist.

You haven't said one positive thing about the falcons in your 212 posts- that's not realism, that's trolling. There's so much to like about this team and you haven't said anything at all positive. That's not realism, that's trolling.

You spend all your time on a falcons messageboard talking about Vick, that's trolling. Really, about 150 of your 200+ posts are about Vick, that's trolling.

Yeah and how about we give Ryan a Desean and throw in the Eagles offensive line while we're at it and lets see how often he gets him the ball with defenders living in his back field

For the record we already have our Desean Jackson= Harry Douglas if Ryan would just stop over and under throwing him every game and last time i checked Roddy is better than Desean so what is your point? Turner>>> Mccoy

Finneran >>Avant

Gonzales >> Celek

Jenkins>> Maclin

Ryan has been living with defenders in the backfield way more than Vick has.

For Vick - it's an excuse.

For Ryan - it's a way of life.

He thrives on it.

Ryan has been living with defenders in the backfield way more than Vick has.

For Vick - it's an excuse.

For Ryan - it's a way of life.

He thrives on it.

The national games Vick has had. Have you paid attention?Before he sets his feet he's getting knocked around. Hes been taking hits getting the ball to Desean and his other recievers hes taken a beating all season and if it wasnt for his athletic ability the Eagles wouldnt have even made it to the playoffs Tandy.

Ryans oline is a way better than Vicks and everyone with common sense knows this. Desean is easily taken out of games by 2 deep safeties Roddy is not. Every top defense the Eagles have played The Giants and Bears desean was shut out or dropped two Td passes. He even had a redzone drop sunday that wouldve been a first down. He shys away from passes and is afraid to go across the middle because of what Dunta Robinson did to him.

So dont give me some crap about he is more explosive than Roddy or Harry Douglas. Desean is a one trick pony and the league caught up to him at the end of the season.

Edited by atlhomey

I would much rather have Jeremy Maclin over Michael Jenkins, and McCoy is a different kind of RB than Michael Turner. I don't think Turner would be as effective in a Philly type of offense, nor would McCoy be as effective in our offense. Roddy may be a better receiver, but DeSean is definitely more explosive. He's the kind of player that can score on any given play and often he makes Vick look better than he really is, because he's able to literally outrun everybody on the field.

I think Michael Turner would be great fit in Philly actually. He played for the chargers. Correct me if im wrong, but i think they run a similar offense as the Eagles.

I think Michael Turner would be great fit in Philly actually. He played for the chargers. Correct me if im wrong, but i think they run a similar offense as the Eagles.

Well why don't you go discuss it on the Eagles boards? Oh that's right their season's over after Vick threw that INT to end it. Guess that's that why you're back trolling over here...

Well alright then, he cant win Tuesday night games then. Happy? Like i said before that was in response to all the stupid Vick threads people make on this forum trying to compare him and Ryan which is stupid. VICK IS NOT A FALCON ANYMORE,WORRY ABOUT THE TEAM AND NOT MAKE A MILLION THREADS TO BASH OUR FORMER QB. Because Vick at this point in his career is better than Ryan. Hes probably a top 5 qb behind Manning,Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

A quick search for "Vick" in atlhomey's posts comes up with 116 out of 200 or so posts, there are probably several more posts where you're talking about him without using the word Vick, easily 20 more. That means about 3/4 of your posts are about Vick.

So, the majority of the posts you make are about Vick and you're complaining about people talking too much about Vick?

The national games Vick has had. Have you paid attention?Before he sets his feet he's getting knocked around. Hes been taking hits getting the ball to Desean and his other recievers hes taken a beating all season and if it wasnt for his athletic ability the Eagles wouldnt have even made it to the playoffs Tandy.

Ryans oline is a way better than Vicks and everyone with common sense knows this. Desean is easily taken out of games by 2 deep safeties Roddy is not. Every top defense the Eagles have played The Giants and Bears desean was shut out or dropped two Td passes. He even had a redzone drop sunday that wouldve been a first down. He shys away from passes and is afraid to go across the middle because of what Dunta Robinson did to him.

So dont give me some crap about he is more explosive than Roddy or Harry Douglas. Desean is a one trick pony and the league caught up to him at the end of the season.

Give me the numbers, dude. They showed Vick making deep throws and counted - 5 freakin' seconds. Show me where he had an average less time from snap to throw on pass plays. Show me how many hits, pressures and sacks he took and the average time til sack or hit. Then you can argue about the line.

Until then, it's you and everyone else just making excuses for Vick - not Vick himself - just the rest of you guys. I know what time Ryan had because I timed it - so until you do the research - STFU.

Ryan's time in the backfield during every pass play for first 6 games - REGARDLESS of outcome of the throw.

The stats in red will only be periodically updated using a variety of games for information

Game1 (3-4 Defense - Top Tier)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 1.7 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 4.0 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 7 (15.9%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 3 (6.8%)

AVERAGE TIME TIL SACK = 1.5 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 10 (22.7%)

Game2 (3-4 Defense - Mid Tier)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 2.2 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 4.6 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 11 (34.4%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 5 (15.6%)

AVERAGE TIME TIL SACK = 1.7 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 4 (12.5%)

Game3 (4-3 Defense)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 2.7 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 5.9 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 13 (43.3%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 5 (16.7%)

AVERAGE TIME TIL SACK = 2.1 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 6 (20%)

Game4 (3-4 Defense)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 2.0 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 4.6 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 20 (46.5%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 6 (13.9%)

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 5 (11.6%)

TIMES HIT WHEN THROWING OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THROW = 21 (48.9%)

TIMES THROWN UNDER IMMEDIATE PRESSURE = 36 (83.7%)

Game5 (3-4 Defense)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 2.7 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 8.2 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 19 (67.9%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 6 (21.4%)

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 8 (28.6%)

TIMES HIT WHEN THROWING OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THROW = 13 (46.4%)

TIMES THROWN UNDER IMMEDIATE PRESSURE = 21 (75.0%)

Game6 (4-3 Defense)

AVERAGE TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME = 1.8 SECONDS

LONGEST TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 3.4 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 2 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 19 (44.2%)

ATTEMPTS WITH OVER 3 SECONDS TIME FROM SNAP TO PASS = 3 (6.9%)

AVERAGE TIME TIL SACK = 1.8 SECONDS

ATTEMPTS WHILE RUNNING FROM DEFENDER = 8 (18.6%)

TIMES HIT WHEN THROWING OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THROW = 13 (30.2%)

TIMES THROWN UNDER IMMEDIATE PRESSURE = 30 (69.8%)

A quick search for "Vick" in atlhomey's posts comes up with 116 out of 200 or so posts, there are probably several more posts where you're talking about him without using the word Vick, easily 20 more. That means about 3/4 of your posts are about Vick.

So, the majority of the posts you make are about Vick and you're complaining about people talking too much about Vick?

He just has a problem with anyone who dares to say negative things about his hero.

Because, after all, phillyhomey knows football.

You fail bud. I was responding to all the stupid threads made about Vick in around the nfl forums. If you hate Vick so much why take shots at the guy in the forums? It was a response forum. Matt Ryan or no qb couldve done what Vick did behind that horrid Eagles Oline. He was the whole team on the Eagles. Their special teams never got him a short field all season kept him pinned back at the 20, He had to outscore every team he played because he had the last ranked redzone defense(awful). Why do people always start threads about Vick when he is better than Ryan and any person with common sense knows it.

I have no idea. I guess people over here just like to start threads about a QB thats not even on our team. Heck let it go hes gone and he is still better than Ryan. So quit starting stupid threads about Vick. Ryan has a better Oline and defense than Vick. Yet Vick still got his team to the playoffs. Ryan has yet to win ONE playoff game and i wouldnt be surprised if he failed to do it again. Then will all these stupid threads about comparing Ryan to Vick stop?? Vick is no longer on this effin team.

Now nobody gets any credit for the Eagles offense but Vick. WOW :o Whatever happen to all that talk about everything being in place for him? Remember....Vick never had the key pieces in Atlanta. And speaking of comparisons....your the one making comparsions between Ryan and Vick. How in the world are you going tell somebody else to move on when you haven't? For a person to claim to be Falcons fan, you sure do keep tibs on Vick and Spew that Bullsh*t over here as if real Falcon fans gives a flying Fu*k about him. :lol:

No i didnt only the Saints game, look i want us to win, but im just telling the truth. I know football.

You know football? Did you predict Seattle would beat the Saints? Please. The Birds will smoke the Pack. Why? Green Bay will be tired, we are at home, and our team is just as good or better than theirs. Who went 13-3 and won the #1 seed? Come on dude. Have faith bro.

But you didnt mention what thread i posted it on. It was a response to yet Another Falcons fan starting a choke thread on Vick in ATNFL forums. Why are you starting threads about Vick when he is miles better than Ryan and he is not our Qb. Its stupid and pointless. Ryan on the Eagles would not have gotten that team to the playoffs. Matter a fact as horrible as their Oline was neither would Manning or Brady. Get that in your head. Vick was a one man team with the Falcons and he was one man team with the Eagles this season. It has nothing to do with being a fake fan. You post stupid threads about a qb thats not even a Falcon anymore to our current qb that is in his 3rd season and havent even won 1 playoff game yet.

But why are you getting so offensive because somebody said Vick CHOKE? You said that you are a fan of the Falcons. So what's the point of getting bent out of shape? Making excuses saying Vick doesn't have a Oline and making remarks like... Desean Jackson is garbage? **** if the Eagles are. **** if the Eagles not. **** Vick and Eagles. Vick is no longer the concern of the Falcons.

Exactly.

To the OP:

People call you a troll because you create threads like these gems:

"Atleast Michael Vick can win Monday Night games"

"The Eagles laid the Blue Print on how to beat the Falcons"

"I know they did not say Matt Ryan is the next Tom Brady"

"I am not, will not crown this team until..."

"Looks like Matty Ice got melted"

Etc, etc, etc. You are the definition of a troll.

+1 :lol: There's nothing he can say that will prove other wise.