Greenbay had no run game first time we beat them

1st off, their run game is a 1 hit wonder. Their RB has played in 4 games all season & he more than doubled his output of yards in that filly game.

2nd filly's D was never that good against the run. Our D, while giving up 5 or so really long runs has been very stout for the most part against the run. The Pack's new RB is not the type of guy who will bust out a 40 yard run, he's a pound it guy, where he's going to be running into the strength of our D.

I'd be surprised if GB has over 80 yards rushing in this game and very surprised if they break 100.

Exactly Robb4242. Phillyhomey is failing to mention that, Brandon Jackson had a pretty good game against his Eagles. And....WTH has Brandon Jackson done for Packers lately? :lol:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

LOL. Vick's comeback derailed and now he's all mad. :lol:

Because your logic is stupid. A rookie running back shows up for 1 game and you think he's going to run all over us. Even with Rodgers and their rookie running back doing a good job, the game still came down to David Akers missing 2 FG's which ultimately cost them the game. It's not like the Packers blew the Eagles out, or the Bears the week before for that matter. They're not as scary as the media likes to portray.

However, if we win this game are you going to come back and apologize for saying this or will you just disappear like the other trolls on this board?

After we win this game, atlhomey will fade away until next Wednesday or Thursday when he will suddenly reappear to "predict" how the Falcons will fall to either the mighty Bears defense or to the new hottest team in the playoffs, the Seahawks. :lol:

I hope GB and their coaches think the way to beat us is with Starks...lol. We will win this game and it won't be as close as last time. Not saying it will be a blow out but it will be by more than 3.

With Peria Jerry getting better each game coupled with Babs, Peters, Walker, JA98 and Lewis (if he's activated) I think we'll have their little running game on lock.

No i didnt only the Saints game, look i want us to win, but im just telling the truth. I know football.

Know football huh?

Their [eagles] kicker missed 2 field goals and their defense let Rodgers score at will and run the ball down their throats WHEN GREENBAY HAS THE WORST RUN GAME IN THE LEAGUE....

See, it the post I quoted, you were defending Vick, so you blamed GB's effective running attack on the eagle D, now, in this thread you're trying, once again, to tear down the falcons, so GB has found a running game.

Can't be both. So, is it a bad eagles D or a newfound running game for the Pack? Give you a hint- it's a bad eagles D, their Dline was completely beat up, GB lined up in a wishbone and stuffed the ball down their throats. [That ain't happening in Atlanta.] If only the eagles had had a bye week to recover.

Now, this isn't as funny as when you started a thread about how Vick could win monday night games when Ryan couldn't, and then Vick lost on Tuesday night to a sub500 team and cost his team a chance at a much needed bye week.

You then blamed that loss on the game being moved and throwing the eagles momentum off, as if the vikings wouldn't have had the same problem.

That was some funny stuff.

BTW, you've got 200+ posts , and 175+ of them are praising Vick and/or tearing down Ryan and the falcons, nobody believes you when you say you're a falcons fan.

With Peria Jerry getting better each game coupled with Babs, Peters, Walker, JA98 and Lewis (if he's activated) I think we'll have their little running game on lock.

I'll be shocked if they break 80 on the ground. If they do it will be with Rodgers gaining 25 or 30 yards. We've got to do a better job of tackling the QB.

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

Just because they had a run game for ONE GAME, doesn't mean they now have a consistant run game. We will see.

I will repeat what they said on the radio yesterday. One games does not constitute a running game. The NFL has spit out many guys that put up great numbers for one or two games and are never heard from again. Packers ran the ball well over the weekend. I still am not scared of that team or think they will be us. Falcons are the most consistent team in the NFL. That "much talked about" Packer D didn't do anything special when we played them last time. Falcons will change some things up and have success against Green Bay. I don't think they will be a push over, and yes, they are capable of winning, but I think the Falcons are the better team and it will be on display this weekend.

No i didnt only the Saints game, look i want us to win, but im just telling the truth. I know football.

I'd like to believe you but one good outing running the ball does not a great running game make. The Saints couldn't stop the Ravens running game, they did well containing Turner(though we played vanilla), then they couldn't stop Blount or Lynch.

They got up for a game, you've presented no evidence that GB didn't just get up for a game. If you know so much about football you should know that consistency is key. We have consistently stopped other teams when we needed to hence the 13-3 record.

I can't say(unlike you) that I KNOW who is gonna win this game but I do know how we play in games that MATTER! So basically you're not "telling the truth," you're just "telling your opinion" and I'm guessing your opinion was that Philly would beat GB judging by the way you were rooting for them in the in-game thread. ;)

Edited by umpcam

Philly fan's season is over. The Packers had one good running game against his team's beat up DL and all of the sudden they are an unstoppable running threat, I'm not worried.

"Fans" like him who act like they are concerned about this team but really just trolling seriously irk me :angry: . If you claim to be a true fan of this team but, doubt their chances at winning a championship then you don't deserve to post here.

Know football huh?

See, it the post I quoted, you were defending Vick, so you blamed GB's effective running attack on the eagle D, now, in this thread you're trying, once again, to tear down the falcons, so GB has found a running game.

Can't be both. So, is it a bad eagles D or a newfound running game for the Pack? Give you a hint- it's a bad eagles D, their Dline was completely beat up, GB lined up in a wishbone and stuffed the ball down their throats. [That ain't happening in Atlanta.] If only the eagles had had a bye week to recover.

Now, this isn't as funny as when you started a thread about how Vick could win monday night games when Ryan couldn't, and then Vick lost on Tuesday night to a sub500 team and cost his team a chance at a much needed bye week.

You then blamed that loss on the game being moved and throwing the eagles momentum off, as if the vikings wouldn't have had the same problem.

BTW, you've got 200+ posts , and 175+ of them are praising Vick and/or tearing down Ryan and the falcons, nobody believes you when you say you're a falcons fan.

QFT

Know football huh?

You fail bud. I was responding to all the stupid threads made about Vick in around the nfl forums. If you hate Vick so much why take shots at the guy in the forums? It was a response forum. Matt Ryan or no qb couldve done what Vick did behind that horrid Eagles Oline. He was the whole team on the Eagles. Their special teams never got him a short field all season kept him pinned back at the 20, He had to outscore every team he played because he had the last ranked redzone defense(awful). Why do people always start threads about Vick when he is better than Ryan and any person with common sense knows it.

I have no idea. I guess people over here just like to start threads about a QB thats not even on our team. Heck let it go hes gone and he is still better than Ryan. So quit starting stupid threads about Vick. Ryan has a better Oline and defense than Vick. Yet Vick still got his team to the playoffs. Ryan has yet to win ONE playoff game and i wouldnt be surprised if he failed to do it again. Then will all these stupid threads about comparing Ryan to Vick stop?? Vick is no longer on this effin team.

"Fans" like him who act like they are concerned about this team but really just trolling seriously irk me :angry: . If you claim to be a true fan of this team but, doubt their chances at winning a championship then you don't deserve to post here.

I dont mind the doubting so much as their belief that they know how things are gonna work out. Then they make a "discussion" thread where they don't discuss anything, they just say, "I'm right and you're wrong." :lol: