Greenbay had no run game first time we beat them

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

Edited by atlhomey
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted we would lose to the Saints the second time and everybody thought i was crazy, but guess what we lost. We beat Greenbay the 1st time by 3pts. Remember they havent had a great run game all season. Thats why we beat them the first time. Seems like they discovered they had one against the Eagles.

It will be next season guys. Im a falcons fan, but im also a realist. Lately theyve been on a hot streak beating 2 great defenses the Giants, Bears, and destroyed the Eagles who have the worst defense in the league or close to it. Hopefully Roddy doesnt go back on twitter over hyping our team again like he did when we had to play the Saints.

Greenbay is just a more complete team than the falcons right now. Great Offense and defense. I think it will be a decent game and very close. I think we have a better defense than the Eagles and a much better Oline so Ryan wont get knocked around like Vick did.

Your just saying this because they beat your Eagles. Bye!!! Another thing what happen to all this talk about the Eagles hoping they play the Falcons in the NFC Championship? You where eager to see this match-up because you wanted the Eagles to beat the Falcons. Now you want to act like you've been riding with the Falcons all along. NOW GO TO GOT **** EAGLES BOARD WHERE YOU BELONG! Your not a fan of this team.

No i didnt only the Saints game, look i want us to win, but im just telling the truth. I know football.

Here's the rushing totals for the Packers' last 5 regular season games after they played the Falcons and the leading rusher from each game.

49ers - 136 J. Starks 73

Lions - 66 A. Rodgers 25

Patriots - 143 B. Jackson 99

Giants - 119 B. Jackson 39

Bears - 60 A. Rodgers 21

I keep hearing this talk of Green Bay's running game as the reason they are going to be tough to stop and I really hope the pundits are pinning their pick solely on that, because one godd playoff game against an Eagle defense that has been inconsistent all year long does not a running attack make. Atlanta has been exceptional at defending the run this year with the exception of misdirection plays. In fact, that is what Mike Smith's defense is designed around. The Falcons will be able to stop Green Bay on the ground. If they lose, it will be due to something else.

Here's the rushing totals for the Packers' last 5 regular season games after they played the Falcons and the leading rusher from each game.

49ers - 136 J. Starks 73

Lions - 66 A. Rodgers 25

Patriots - 143 B. Jackson 99

Giants - 119 B. Jackson 39

Bears - 60 A. Rodgers 21

I keep hearing this talk of Green Bay's running game as the reason they are going to be tough to stop and I really hope the pundits are pinning their pick solely on that, because one godd playoff game against an Eagle defense that has been inconsistent all year long does not a running attack make. Atlanta has been exceptional at defending the run this year with the exception of misdirection plays. In fact, that is what Mike Smith's defense is designed around. The Falcons will be able to stop Green Bay on the ground. If they lose, it will be due to something else.

If we stop their run game theyll beat is through the air. Remember i predicted we would lose the second time to the Saints. Im usually great with my picks ,just saying. Did you see what their defense did to Vick? They lived in his backfield. I think Ryan wont get beat up as much as Vick, i think we have a better Oline than the Eagles, but that defense only allows about 15pts on average.

Quit trollin' bro. It's not even funny and nobody is even mad dude.

I aint trolling im making a good point. DO YOU THINK I MADE THIS POST TO BE FUNNY? You cant be serious. How come everytime someone tells the truth. They have to be a troll or a hater?

Edited by atlhomey

Not an Eagles fan but i did root for Vick for turning his life around.

Alot of people respect Vick for turning his life around. But how long? When the point has been well known? I see through your bullsh*t. You say your a fan but will root for Vick if the Falcons would have played Eagles in the NFCC game because your happy that he turned his life around? How many times do you have to repeat this statement when it only has to be said one Fu*kin time? True Falcons fans know how to move on.

I aint trolling im making a good point. DO YOU THINK I MADE THIS POST TO BE FUNNY? You cant be serious. How come everytime someone tells the truth. They have to be a troll or a hater?

Because your logic is stupid. A rookie running back shows up for 1 game and you think he's going to run all over us. Even with Rodgers and their rookie running back doing a good job, the game still came down to David Akers missing 2 FG's which ultimately cost them the game. It's not like the Packers blew the Eagles out, or the Bears the week before for that matter. They're not as scary as the media likes to portray.

However, if we win this game are you going to come back and apologize for saying this or will you just disappear like the other trolls on this board?

If we stop their run game theyll beat is through the air. Remember i predicted we would lose the second time to the Saints. Im usually great with my picks ,just saying. Did you see what their defense did to Vick? They lived in his backfield. I think Ryan wont get beat up as much as Vick, i think we have a better Oline than the Eagles, but that defense only allows about 15pts on average.

Yeah, but you said in your initial post that Atlanta won the first time because Green Bay didn't have a run game and now that they do, that would be the difference. I was just pointing out that their run game hasn't been all that consistent. Now if you want to change things up and talk about the air, well, that Falcons' pass defense has gotten a lot better over the second half of the season and while they might give up yards, they have been consistent all year long at keeping points off the board. Since seeing the Packers and holding them to 17, they have only given up more than 17 twice: 21 to the Bucs and 18 to the Seahawks.

And I saw what they did against a worn out, undisciplined, overrated Eagle team that didn't make use of all their weapons by getting Shady McCoy going earlier.

Atlanta had a counter for everything that Green Bay threw at the defensively. They should have scored more, but had an early drive killed by Dahl's unnecessary roughness. And they held that vaunted Green Bay offense to 17 points, with some of those points helped along by some costly penalties -- a facemask, a late hit out of bounds and an ugly missed tackle. With all that factored in, I don't see why you are so sure that the outcome will be different this time around.

The smarter fans will recognize its only the media hyping Starks. Its actually the second time hes ran well this season but the first wasnt on a big stage. I wouldnt expect him to have such a game this time around. The only reason he got 23 carries is because the Packers "rode the hot hand." I wouldnt expect the Packers to change how they got to this point and all of a sudden become balanced.

Who gives a Fu*k what they did to Vick? Are you saying the Falcons are going to fall short because of what the Greenbay packers did to the Eagles? Different team, same outcome.

Claiming to be a Falcons fan but saying where not going to win this big playoff event because they beat your vaunted Eagles. Now that's some truth for you.

I'm tired of these fake azz fans.

Just go away. No one on here likes you, listens to what you have to say or would walk across the street to spit on you if you were on fire.

1st off, their run game is a 1 hit wonder. Their RB has played in 4 games all season & he more than doubled his output of yards in that filly game.

2nd filly's D was never that good against the run. Our D, while giving up 5 or so really long runs has been very stout for the most part against the run. The Pack's new RB is not the type of guy who will bust out a 40 yard run, he's a pound it guy, where he's going to be running into the strength of our D.

I'd be surprised if GB has over 80 yards rushing in this game and very surprised if they break 100.