Josh McDaniels Potential Replacement for MM

falconfan4lyfe

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d9a0b1/article/mcdaniels-coveted-around-league-in-offensive-coordinator-role?module=HP_headlines

He's being targeted by The front office if MM decides to leave us.

I think he had a bad head coaching gig but all in all i think as an OC hes no doubt one of the best out there, i think he'll be a lot better then MM considering his past. What do you all think?

Edited by falconfan4lyfe

yup....Espn said this

McDaniels' choice

Though he didn't pan out as head coach of the Denver Broncos, Josh McDaniels has nevertheless become a hot offensive coordinator candidate around the league this offseason. As of our last update, he was poised to interview with the Minnesota Vikings, though other teams still existed as potential suitors.

We know now that the Vikes consider him their top OC target, but nothing is settled as of yet.

Another team that is in the market for an OC is the Miami Dolphins. Dan Henning is set to retire, and this is an offense in need of a jump-start. As of now, however, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald notes that McDaniels is not in the mix.

McDaniels may be waiting to see what happens with the Atlanta Falcons before making a final commitment. Falcons OC Mike Mularkey is being targeted as a head coach candidate, thus there may be an opening there to consider.

As a OC..The guy is one of the best in the league to me.. He knows how to develop a QB and use all of his weapons.

The guy had Kyle Orton posting up top QB numbers... I think he can also run the ball... Its just he never had a stable running game... As a headcoach.. the guy sucked.. He wanted to come in and be the hoody because he figured thats how he will gain players respect... But as a guy thats just running the offense... He is brilliant.

But yea.. I dont think Mularkey will be going any where.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I could be wrong. Thomas Dimitroff knows him better than any of us. But Josh McDaniels seems like someone we should just say no to. I am not the biggest fan of Musgrave or anything but would rather him take over than Josh McDaniels. Before he ever got fired when the Cutler thing broke out I thought he was the most arrogant idiot to ever be put in the position of a head coach in the NFL, well beside Bobby Quitrino that is. I would favor Josh McDaniels over him if thats what it came down to. But thats about it. I mean somebody else has gotta be a better candidate to take over our offense if we look to recruit from outside.God I hope so anyway. I mean Josh McDaniels gets credit for what he did in New England. Wow he toke over as offensive coordinator for the Patriots, a lot of hard work that was. Thats like Tony Dungy handing over the reins to Jim Caldwell. Pitiful Jim Caldwell how did he ever survive? Josh McDaniel's is a product of the system. Plus both teams he has been a part of have cheating instances involved within there organization. Coincidence, maybe, but bad publicity is the last thing we the Atlanta Falcons need. We have already had more than our share of that. He would serve us no better than he did the Bronco's.

I am torn on this. He was an epic failure as a HC. As an OC he will still participate in personnel decisions which is something he probably didn't get as much of a say about with the Pats. There is also scandal associated with his name.

I am glad I don't have to make that decision.

yup....Espn said this

As a OC..The guy is one of the best in the league to me.. He knows how to develop a QB and use all of his weapons.

The guy had Kyle Orton posting up top QB numbers... I think he can also run the ball... Its just he never had a stable running game... As a headcoach.. the guy sucked.. He wanted to come in and be the hoody because he figured thats how he will gain players respect... But as a guy thats just running the offense... He is brilliant.

But yea.. I dont think Mularkey will be going any where.

exactly how i feel. moreno was hurt and buckhalter/maroney sucked.

Yeah, I mean his offense isn't based around 40 yard plus long passes.

But he has the way to build up young QB like Matty, and most of the teams that is after him are teams with very young QB or high draft choices to get one. MM did a great job and he does deserve another chance at HC(He did a great job in Buffalo)

But he has the way to build up young QB like Matty, and most of the teams that is after him are teams with very young QB or high draft choices to get one. MM did a great job and he does deserve another chance at HC(He did a great job in Buffalo)

If you couldn't tell, my post you quoted was, indeed, sarcastic<G>

After the first week of his tenure in Denver, I thought he was one of the worst hires in Pro coaching history. Then he reels off a huge string of victories the first half of the season and I question myself. Then reality sets in and my hunches that he was related to Eddie Haskell and Adolf Hitler came true the next 1-1/2 seasons.

Say a big NO to a bad character guy....

eh...4000 yards is cool and all, but I doubt we have the personnel to pull that off with a winning season. I mean, Orton was throwing it all up and down that field, he still ain't make the playoffs in a weak division. I say no and find someone who sticks in our philosophy who might be able to bring in a wrinkle or two, or put Micky D's in at QB coaching and upgrade Musgrave.

Here in denver this guy really did not conduct himself the way it seems our organization would prefer their coaches to. I truly believe alot of the stunts this guy pulled as head coach of the Broncos where absolutely bone headed. (If you look at his personnel moves they are atrocious) At the same time i realize he simply will not have the authority to make those decisions, should he join the Falcons.

I remember last year in mid season when the Broncos actually where rated a top 5 defense still, the cameras caught McD just absolutely LAYING INTO Mike Nolan. Just undressing and disrespecting the coach in front of all of the players.

BOTTOM LINE... If he comes here he better keep his little man attitude in check. This team has stellar chemistry, and i rather promote Musgrave or someone who will seamlessly slide into that spot while ruffling less feathers than josh would. The one thing i will give him credit for is his ability to develop a quarterback. I actually think he helped kyle orton look better than he ever has. (even if he didnt win that much here) That is clearly the only reason our front office would be interested to begin with.

I think the Atlanta job is a OC's dream. You have a good nucelis of players on offense including an elite QB. Talented players leads to success. Success elevates an Assistant to leading HC candidates. Coaching the Falcons offense would be a good stepping stone for any OC to move up.

eh...4000 yards is cool and all, but I doubt we have the personnel to pull that off with a winning season. I mean, Orton was throwing it all up and down that field, he still ain't make the playoffs in a weak division. I say no and find someone who sticks in our philosophy who might be able to bring in a wrinkle or two, or put Micky D's in at QB coaching and upgrade Musgrave.

Denver also doesnt have that great of a defense, they put up numbers on the offensive side of the ball but couldnt keep the other team from doing the same

More than likely Bill Musgrave will take over. I hardly doubt they will go out and bring someone new and not give him a shot.

I dont know how the whole Assistant Coach/QB coach would work into that. I really like the job hes done with Matty and i dont know if id like a new QB coach to come in. I dont think he would be able to deal with the QB's, Assistant coach duties, AND being the OC.

I wouldnt mind seeing him be the "OC" but run a Manning style of game where Matty calls most of the plays in the huddle. I think Matt could handle that pretty easily.