One of these four will be our first pick

hawkeye

it seemed to me that TD has yet to pick a underclassmen in the 1st rd. the highest so far has been lofton which imo was a reliable 2nd rd pick. the dude was a monster already.

imo TD thrives on watching the east/west shrine games the senior bowl, etc. its a good gauge to see how well players match up and start to take serious considerations on 1st round looks. the combine could be the determining factor as far as growth potential and other physical evaluation.

it seemed to me that TD has yet to pick a underclassmen in the 1st rd. the highest so far has been lofton which imo was a reliable 2nd rd pick. the dude was a monster already.

imo TD thrives on watching the east/west shrine games the senior bowl, etc. its a good gauge to see how well players match up and start to take serious considerations on 1st round looks. the combine could be the determining factor as far as growth potential and other physical evaluation.

Now this is true jluk. Dimitroff seems to take guys that have been through the maturation process in college and evaluates them through their senior year in college as a gauge and moral compass for selecting them that high in the draft.

I can't see us taking a junior or senior TE or WR in the first round either. TE is relatively not as pricey in FA and you can get a proven commodity there instead of an injury plagued TE like Rudolph in the first round. The guy missed 3 games with a shoulder injury in 2009 and a hamstring injury in 2010 that kept him out six games plus their bowl game this year. He might not even be fully recovered by mini camp so why waste a first round pick on that guy. The original poster needs to stop reading WalterFootball.com where Walter is putting this guy in our mock every week. We aren't that stupid or hard up for a TE to draft that guy.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Well I guess if that was the case I would say ALDON SMITH or KYLE RUDOLPH. Im sold on these two more than the receiver Torrey Smith,

To me it is between Aldon Smith and Rudolph. Smith is the best chance we've had in a while to filling the void left by Kerney's leaving while Rudolph is a dynamic player at TE for an offense that uses them heavily with and Gonzalez is no guarantee to return.

Torrey Smith is a good player but I don't think he is the best option that will be available by the time we get time we pick.