Quizz Rodgers declares for the draft.

http://www.kptv.com/news/26434038/detail.html

I'm shocked that he declared. Quizz is a short shifty runner that has been a workhorse for Oregon State. He can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a mid-round prospect because of his height and small size, but if Danny Woodhead can be effective I know Quizz can.

Here is his stats from Oregon State. This guy is a 3rd down nightmare.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=379208

If Quizz makes it to our 3rd or 4th round pick I would jump all over him. He is EXACTLY what we need at RB. Someone who can run the ball between the tackles, break tackles, but also rip off some nice chunks of yardage. Plus he can catch out of the backfield as was previously mentioned. Best of all is he isn't made of glass like Norwood.

Get rid of Jerious and bring on Quizz!

If Quizz makes it to our 3rd or 4th round pick I would jump all over him. He is EXACTLY what we need at RB. Someone who can run the ball between the tackles, break tackles, but also rip off some nice chunks of yardage. Plus he can catch out of the backfield as was previously mentioned. Best of all is he isn't made of glass like Norwood.

Get rid of Jerious and bring on Quizz!

I think a few teams are going to fall in love with him and reach for him in the late 3rd to early 4th.

I think a few teams are going to fall in love with him and reach for him in the late 3rd to early 4th.

Reaching is a relative term. If a team picks him in the late 3rd and he plays better than some of the RB's picked before him then it's not really a reach is it?

He's small but he has great leg drive, fantastic for his size really, he runs well between the tackles, gets good yardage after contact, is very elusive in the open field, catches the ball well out of the backfield... He will drop because of his size, yes. But in the 3rd round, especially where we will hopefully be picking, I think he could be a huge steal.

Reaching is a relative term. If a team picks him in the late 3rd and he plays better than some of the RB's picked before him then it's not really a reach is it?

He's small but he has great leg drive, fantastic for his size really, he runs well between the tackles, gets good yardage after contact, is very elusive in the open field, catches the ball well out of the backfield... He will drop because of his size, yes. But in the 3rd round, especially where we will hopefully be picking, I think he could be a huge steal.

agreed

I love Quizz's quickness. I think we get caught up on 40 times and overlook Short shuttle demons (see Welker and Kevin Faulk).

I keep seeing love for Todman, but I see him as a power back best used in a Zone blocking one cut system,

I like both the Marshall and Kevin comparisons. TD even said that Faulk was a huge player for that organization when he was with New England. I can see him being that kind of guy. Reliable, shifty, hard nosed, quick, and just gets the job done.

I've never really been impressed with the guy. There are other backs I would rather have. Falcons need a real speed guy out of the backfield. If He can't run well, I don't go for him. I will compare him to Darren Sproles and I really don't like him that much either. I think he played as the Chargers Franchise player in 2009 and 2010, not hardly worth the money. I don't see either guy as a "Warrick Dunn" type. There are a list of guys I think that fit better for the Falcons.

I've never really been impressed with the guy. There are other backs I would rather have. Falcons need a real speed guy out of the backfield. If He can't run well, I don't go for him. I will compare him to Darren Sproles and I really don't like him that much either. I think he played as the Chargers Franchise player in 2009 and 2010, not hardly worth the money. I don't see either guy as a "Warrick Dunn" type. There are a list of guys I think that fit better for the Falcons.

I suggest watching some more games of him. That is my only advice, I don't see how anyone can be unimpressed with him, but you are. You didn't say why he was unimpressive. I would definitely compare him to Dunn. Agile, shifty, quicker than fast, breaks through tacklers, hard to bring down, will go head on and plow through, hits the holes hard. I find it funny how you say he is like Sproles but then say "we need a real speed back" when Sproles is one of the fastest in the league, and you think Rodgers isn't a true speed guy, yet you compare the two ha.

watch some more film man,

I suggest watching some more games of him. That is my only advice, I don't see how anyone can be unimpressed with him, but you are. You didn't say why he was unimpressive. I would definitely compare him to Dunn. Agile, shifty, quicker than fast, breaks through tacklers, hard to bring down, will go head on and plow through, hits the holes hard. I find it funny how you say he is like Sproles but then say "we need a real speed back" when Sproles is one of the fastest in the league, and you think Rodgers isn't a true speed guy, yet you compare the two ha.

watch some more film man,

I've seen the guy play, Falcons need a speed back. There is a difference between quickness and speed. Warrick Dunn also ran 4.4, you don't get picked 12th overall at 180 pounds running less. Lots of guys run for a ton of yards just like Sproles did, but he isn't really a difference maker in the NFL. There is no C.J. Spiller in this daft, but falcons need a guy that can take it the distance.

I've seen him projected in the 5th. Grabbing him in the 3rd would be a reach. However, this is all pre-combine info of course.

I want to see how he does at the combine. His 40 and shuttle time will have a huge impact on his draft stock. Just look at what Danny Woodhead is doing for New England I believe that Quizz can be every bit as effective.