BCS National Championship Game Thread: Auburn vs Oregon

SacFalcFan

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see an Oregon blowout, but I don't think they have championship lines on either side of the ball. I'll predict Auburn by 38 to 27. I hope I'm wrong about that.

By the definition I'm assuming you're using (size, most notably) TCU had no business hanging with Wisconsin's RIDICULOUS o-line and running game and d-line. Size isn't everything (no homo).

If you follow gambling, there is significant reverse line movement on this one. You have 70% of the public on Auburn, but the line has moved from Auburn (-4) two weeks ago down to Auburn (-1) today. That is a pretty good indication that the sharp money is being bet on Oregon.

Those guys aren't always right. But they got that money by being right more than they are wrong.

Yeah the line has moved against Auburn the closer the game gets to kickoff. Auburn is obviously still favored, but the money on this game very scarily resembles the Pats vs Giants in the Super Bowl.

This game may be a pick 'em by kickoff. With that kind of line movement, it would not surprise me to see Auburn have an unreported player sitting out due to injury or an academic issue.

By the definition I'm assuming you're using (size, most notably) TCU had no business hanging with Wisconsin's RIDICULOUS o-line and running game and d-line. Size isn't everything (no homo).

Size is part of it, but I live on the west coast and I've been able to watch most of their games on TV. They look vulnerable on the lines to me. They do attack relentlessly on offense, but Auburn's defense sees that in practice. Defensively, they look horrible at times, especially pass. Auburn's defense isn't great either, but better than Oregon's, I think.

But, games between the SEC and the PAC 10 are hard to predict. Auburn seems a little cocky. I hope Newton's poor mechanics catch up with him and he throws about 4 picks, Fairley gets knocked out of the game by a cheap shot to the knee and Auburn self destructs.

Edited by CalDawg