Falcons/Packers--key to the game!

Quarterback

There have been a number of approaches and adjustments this season that worked and didn't work

Approaches that didn't work: Offensive game plan against Pittsburgh, the Eagles, and the second game against the Saints; defensive game plans in the 4th quarter (3 man blitzes) numerous games earlier in the season/

Approaches that worked: Offensive game plan against New Orleans in the first game, Baltimore, Seattle; Defensive game plan against New Orleans in game 2, Seattle and Carolina.

I do not believe the Falcons are a "great" team' I believe the Falcons are a good team with a couple of great players and many, many good and above average players. I believe they are either capable of beating or losing to any of the remaining 7 teams in the playoffs with the possible exception of Seattle.

Lastly, I believe the Falcons will either win or lose any of their remaining games because one or both of two reasons: Coaching (initial game plan, in game adjustments and key situational decisions) and turnovers!

• If we hold to the ball, we will will win or go home because of our coaching.
  • If we are coached well, we will win or go home depending on who we protect the ball.
  • If we are out coached and out schemed and turn the ball over--we're done!
  • If our coaches are prepared, Smith makes the right situational calls, and we do not turn it over--we're Champions!

This is basically stating the obvious about every team in the NFL.

No, actually, every team in the NFL is not in the playoffs and among those that are only one is playing the Falcons this weekend.

So, as for "every team in the NFL," do you think Carolina, for example, only needs to focus on preparation and turnovers or do you think there are other areas they may need to address?

No, actually, every team in the NFL is not in the playoffs and among those that are only one is playing the Falcons this weekend.

So, as for "every team in the NFL," do you think Carolina, for example, only needs to focus on preparation and turnovers or do you think there are other areas they may need to address?

Hes saying that any team who does this is obviously going to win. Carolina didnt win, because they didnt do any of those things you mentioned. Every team wants to do those "keys" every game but its easier said than done.

There have been a number of approaches and adjustments this season that worked and didn't work

Approaches that didn't work: Offensive game plan against Pittsburgh, the Eagles, and the second game against the Saints; defensive game plans in the 4th quarter (3 man blitzes) numerous games earlier in the season/

Approaches that worked: Offensive game plan against New Orleans in the first game, Baltimore, Seattle; Defensive game plan against New Orleans in game 2, Seattle and Carolina.

I do not believe the Falcons are a "great" team' I believe the Falcons are a good team with a couple of great players and many, many good and above average players. I believe they are either capable of beating or losing to any of the remaining 7 teams in the playoffs with the possible exception of Seattle.

Lastly, I believe the Falcons will either win or lose any of their remaining games because one or both of two reasons: Coaching (initial game plan, in game adjustments and key situational decisions) and turnovers!

• If we hold to the ball, we will will win or go home because of our coaching.
  • If we are coached well, we will win or go home depending on who we protect the ball.
  • If we are out coached and out schemed and turn the ball over--we're done!
  • If our coaches are prepared, Smith makes the right situational calls, and we do not turn it over--we're Champions!

This is an easy one.The key for us is pass rush and cutting down Rodgers time throwing the F/Ball,keep him in the pocket don't let him prolong plays with his legs.I think we will see a gameplan much like the Saints game bring lots of pressure and make Rodgers throw quick outs and of course stop the run.

You're right, every team is not in the playoffs, and some teams have more flaws than others. But saying things like:

"If we are out coached and out schemed, we're done"

"We need to not turn the ball over"

"We need to protect the ball with Coach Smith having a good game plan"

"I believe the Falcons will either win or lose their remaining games..."

EVERY team in the NFL pretty much plays off of these keys and fundamentals. It's like the first rules of the book to winning... Pretty obvious statements.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

This is an easy one.The key for us is pass rush and cutting down Rodgers time throwing the F/Ball,keep him in the pocket don't let him prolong plays with his legs.I think we will see a gameplan much like the Saints game bring lots of pressure and make Rodgers throw quick outs and of course stop the run.

This will be interesting to see if we do the same thing against Rodgers we did against Brees. Rodgers has the added dimension of running, but either way, I still think sustained pressure on a great QB is better than replying on pure coverage.

You're right, every team is not in the playoffs, and some teams have more flaws than others. But saying things like:

"If we are out coached and out schemed, we're done"

"We need to not turn the ball over"

"We need to protect the ball with Coach Smith having a good game plan"

"I believe the Falcons will either win or lose their remaining games..."

EVERY team in the NFL pretty much plays off of these keys and fundamentals. It's like the first rules of the book to winning... Pretty obvious statements.

I think some are missing my primary point. Of course good coaching and not turning the ball over are fundamental keys to success. But, in this case where there are so many teams so evenly matched--no dominant team or grossly inferior team--save, perhaps Seattle--this will be ever more important!

I tried to use examples because there have been times this season where our game plan or situational play calling have been bizarre or questionable. Let me put it this way, what the Saints did to our offense by stopping Turner and doubling White and Gonzales--thus saying "beat us with Jenkins and Douglass--was, to me, as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow morning!

So, we had better come up with a plan like we had against Baltimore's defense--tons of no huddle to tire them out--and not a plan like we had against the Saints or we are out! We simply do not have a situation where Ryan is giving the freedom like Brady or Manning to take over a game.

I think some are missing my primary point. Of course good coaching and not turning the ball over are fundamental keys to success. But, in this case where there are so many teams so evenly matched--no dominant team or grossly inferior team--save, perhaps Seattle--this will be ever more important!

I tried to use examples because there have been times this season where our game plan or situational play calling have been bizarre or questionable. Let me put it this way, what the Saints did to our offense by stopping Turner and doubling White and Gonzales--thus saying "beat us with Jenkins and Douglass--was, to me, as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow morning!

So, we had better come up with a plan like we had against Baltimore's defense--tons of no huddle to tire them out--and not a plan like we had against the Saints or we are out! We simply do not have a situation where Ryan is giving the freedom like Brady or Manning to take over a game.

This post makes a lot more sense, well said.

Hes saying that any team who does this is obviously going to win. Carolina didnt win, because they didnt do any of those things you mentioned. Every team wants to do those "keys" every game but its easier said than done.

I understand. But what I am saying is that even if Carolina does not turn the ball over once, the Falcons Turn the ball over twice, Carolina is well prepared, and Carolina makes good in-game decisions the Falcons win by at least 10 points--because of the talent differential!

Other than perhaps--only perhaps in my opinion--New England the talent is comparable between the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Ravens, Jets and the Falcons so the coaches and turnovers will be the difference.

Frankly, I am much more worried about our game plans than turnovers!

Edited by Quarterback