Will the Ga. Dome Roof survive this snow and ice ?

Bring It

Whew !!

I'm glad that's solved.

The Home Depot Crews would be out in no time to fix it. Seriously though, look at how many years the Metrodome has withstood numerous snowfalls, far greater than anything we get hear. The Metrodome is an entirely different kind of structure based on positive air, where the Ga Dome is based on a tensioned cable support. Plus the snow will be gone by tommorrow.

The Ga Dome roof is made of teflon, 1/2 inch think I believe, composed of dozens of individual panels supported by a cabling system. The panels could fall in (as happened several years ago with a few of them due to rain) one at a time, but nothing like what happened to that Hefty bag in Minnesota is very likely. That thing was basically supported by hot air.

Guest James H.

The Ga Dome roof is made of teflon, 1/2 inch think I believe, composed of dozens of individual panels supported by a cabling system. The panels could fall in (as happened several years ago with a few of them due to rain) one at a time, but nothing like what happened to that Hefty bag in Minnesota is very likely. That thing was basically supported by hot air.

Did you know the entire fabric sheet that is the GA Dome roof only weighs 68 lbs?

You guys kill me! What did you get down there, like 6 inches? We're supposed to get a minimum of 6" tonight and I bet the school kids will still have to go on time. I understand that you aren't used to it, but up here, 6" is little more than a dusting... As for the roof caving in, the metrodome had 16" of snow sitting on it, which weighs a bit more than 6"...

I didn't know it was supported by Politicians.

No wonder it caved in !!!

You guys kill me! What did you get down there, like 6 inches? We're supposed to get a minimum of 6" tonight and I bet the school kids will still have to go on time. I understand that you aren't used to it, but up here, 6" is little more than a dusting... As for the roof caving in, the metrodome had 16" of snow sitting on it, which weighs a bit more than 6"...

That's cool and all, but we don't get the snow like you guys. Like you won't get Hurricanes like Florida.