Be careful what you ask for - you just might get it

Rev_Hal

Well, I wanted the Packers to win because I didn't want to face the Eagles or the Saints in the playoffs. Well, they both lost, and now the Seahawks are going to Chicago.

I know we will beat the Packers, but it would have been nice to have the cakewalk game against Seattle.

Well, I wanted the Packers to win because I didn't want to face the Eagles or the Saints in the playoffs. Well, they both lost, and now the Seahawks are going to Chicago.

I know we will beat the Packers, but it would have been nice to have the cakewalk game against Seattle.

At least in this game you know we'll have 100% fan participation for our Falcons.

Are you kidding? This is 100 percent ideal. This means we face our toughest opponent when we are our freshest and the NFCCG is either the chawks or the bears.

ETA: It also means no team we face has added motivation to beat us.

Edited by Finally

Are you kidding? This is 100 percent ideal. This means we face our toughest opponent when we are our freshest and the NFCCG is either the chawks or the bears.

And we don't have to worry about any suspect "fans" in the stands wearing a #7 cheering against us.

I'm soooooooo glad #7 will not discrace my favorite team's field by setting foot on it.

This is what matters to me. The Packers are tough, but I respect them and their fans. As long as we game plan well, and go out and play to the best of our ability, I'll be happy, win or lose.

Who's to say we won't be meeting the Seahawks anyway next week? There are no easy games in the NFL, so whether it's the 'hawks or the Pack, we will be in a fight. We just have to rise up and earn it.

I had a perfect weekend. The Saints lost. The Eagles lost. What's not to like?

At least in this game you know we'll have 100% fan participation for our Falcons.

Man I am so glad we dodged the Vick bullet. Not that I was afraid to face him. Actually I really wanted to beat him and Brees down on the way to the Bowl. It's just that the Vick divide here in Falcon land would have swollen into an abyss. It would have been ugly. Many on both sides of the divide still have serious Vick issues.

I wanted to comment on your 100% Falcon fan participation at the game Sunday. Forget about it bro. You can expect to see anywhere from 10,000-20,000 Packer fans in that Dome Saturday night. 8,000 normal visitor tickets, 7,000 Stub Hub patrons buying inflated STH tickets and 5,000 transient Packer fans that live here and wear the red until their team comes to town. Not saying it will be like the 1999 Buc invasion but I expect it to be close to it.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but those are good points. I still think beating the Seahawks and then the Bears would've been more ideal, but we'll have no excuses if we can't beat the Pack with an extra week of rest at home.

Why take the easy route and continue to get dogged at for having an easy playoff schedule just like they think we had an easy schedule when we want to play the best and beat them again?

Hey, we want to be the best team in the NFL right? That means we have to beat whomever is in our way. Nothing should be given to us! It's time to prove we are a big team and take this all the way no matter who we play!

Agree 100% but I'm just happy there will be no MV7 circus coming to town. It would have been an unbearable media blitz and a huge distraction.

well put. if anyone thought we could go through the entire playoffs without the slightest hint of struggle is ignorant. if we win this game no one can say we didnt do anything this year.

well put. if anyone thought we could go through the entire playoffs without the slightest hint of struggle is ignorant. if we win this game no one can say we didnt do anything this year.

People can say/think anything they want. All I care about is winning and staying healthy in the process. However, if we are going to face a tough one bring them on now while we are fresh and if the NFCCG turns out to be an easier game so much the better.