How can we beat Green Bay Packers?

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I have thought about it. What we know is we can at least score two touchdowns come Saturday. We know we can stop Green Bay's run. We know John Abraham and Jonathan Babineux will do there job as well as the rest of the defensive line. We know our offensive line will protect Ryan enough to find someone open. Our offense is good enough to beat the Packers, period.My man concern is pressure on Rodgers and seeing how could our corners and safeties really match up. I think that is were the game will be won or lost. So is Grimes as good as we think he is? Is Dunta Robinson our long term corner we have been seeking? Is William Moore and Thomas Decoud gonna be effective enough to make a difference. We match up are I think or better than the Packers in all areas other than a pass rush. We may get or may not get an effective pass rush. So I don't 100% count that in. I feel good about our corners but I think this game with playoff intensity will tell us were our secondary really is. You would like to think our main concern on defense is we just need a better defensive end opposite John Abraham. Which is true. But if we get that or not is our secondary good enough to hold up against one of the best quarterbacks in the league? That is the most important element we must excel at I think. Get to Rodgers, hope our corners or safeties can make plays and limit there mistakes to a all time low. So I guess to sum it up I think if I defense plays good we win. Our offense will do its thing for the most part. They are not lighting it up but they keep it steady and always produce enough to stay with the opponent at the worst.

I'd use a lot of the same strategy that we did against the Saints defensively. The only concern I have now is Starks. He's a faster back and clearly more talented than what we faced the first time...

This isn't the same team we faced the last time,this running back could give us major problems and I hope we make changes in the game plan or we could be in trouble

sam

We've defended the run well all year (10th) so we haven't been giving up the big play, so IMO, Starks won't be an issue. The only thing we do have to watch for is the screen game. Teams have been successful running screens and end arounds on our defense...if we can shore that up, we'll be fine. Green Bay likes to run those type of plays, especially in the redzone...they scored a TD off a screen last night. Whichever team plays the better defensive game, will win. We played pretty well defensively in our first meeting. Hopefully the defense can create the kind of pressure we got on Brees...if we can do that and contain the run game like we've been doing all year, we'll win.

Have long drives and capt them off with TD's and don't turn the ball over. Philly is not all they were hiped up to be. No team the Packers have faced controls the clock like the Falcons. It we game plan like we did against the Aints Monday nite and put the ball in the air like we did against Carolina the Packers will be off balance. In this game, don't worry about Rogers scrambling. He don't want no more concussions.

Yea as "good" the experts say GB looked against the Eagles (Who looked absolutely horrendous in that game) They still had to pikc Vick off in the endzone to win it. Remember the Eagles Defense sucks big time ****, our has developed into a Top 10 one as the season progressed, we have 2 Shut down corners in Grimes and D-Rob, a Great DE in Abe, Great DT In Babs, Good De in Biermann, Good DT in Peters, and a Great LB crew, not to mention our beastly safeties.

The only things that worry me is how well is our offense going to do, Clay matthews is fighting an injury and Charles Woodson sustained an injury last night as well. Imo we need to get HD involved in the game anyway we can.

Agreed. Ball control, solid special teams, limit our turnovers - force theirs... and beat the sense out of Mr. Rodgers, and we win. Starks was impressive last night - but I wouldn't worry toooooo much. I think our front seven will handle Mr. Starks just fine. What I worry about against the Packers will be the dinking and dunking to lure our DB's up... and then one over the top to Driver or Jennings.

Now, while I love our players... every last one of them... even when they fail... I wouldn't throw around the term "shut down corner" when discussing them. Mr. Grimes is as close we have to a shut down corner - but the last true shut down corner we had was Mr. Sanders (soon to be in the Hall of Fame wooot). I continue to feel like our secondary is our weak spot on Defense, but they are young and getting better every week so =D

We will play solid Falcons Football and we will win.

if falcons win, will be the coaching...pack has more talent than any team in football-but conservative dufus mccarthy always plays "not to lose" (see eagles sunday)-if rodgers (and offense) is unleashed-pack wins...but this wont happen

if falcons win, will be the coaching...pack has more talent than any team in football-but conservative dufus mccarthy always plays "not to lose" (see eagles sunday)-if rodgers (and offense) is unleashed-pack wins...but this wont happen

Do you mean pass down-field more, or run gadget plays, or what?