Just rewatched the game from earlier in the season

falconfan82

Ryan- Though he completed allot of passes they were mostly dumpoffs I didnt see many shots taken down field. I do like the fact that we completed passes but by the end of the game the packers were sitting on the shorter routes so even when we caught the ball we got hit right after.

Turner- Had a good game ran hard broke tackles and had a couple break out runs not much to say on him

Roddy- Not one of his greatest games was shutdown most of the game.

Pass defense- Totally shredded over 300 yards passing against us absolutely no pass rush it was just horrible and if we ever got close to rodgers we just whiffed then he ran down field for a 1st down.

Rush Defense- Other then rodgers running they didnt do much had 1 run of over 10 yards. But with Starks coming off a big game with phili even if they are bad he is going to get confidence over that.

Special Teams- Weems saved the game for us and not for the face mask he would of had a TD.

We also had 3 or 4 Personal foul penalties we cannot let that happen again.

Starks makes me a little nervous because he's got some speed to him. Won't be an easy one but I'm hoping the bye week and the fact that Green Bay has had back to back emotionally tough games will factor in to a win for us...

Cap is right, the Packers would be some kind of special to win on the road, in the playoffs, two weeks in a row at Philly and Atlanta. The Falcons defense is peaking at the right time too, it's a young group no doubt.

Offensively, I just don't want to see another repeat of the NO game here.

Cap is right, the Packers would be some kind of special to win on the road, in the playoffs, two weeks in a row at Philly and Atlanta. The Falcons defense is peaking at the right time too, it's a young group no doubt.

Offensively, I just don't want to see another repeat of the NO game here.

Rocket Arm's offense is firing in all cylinders.....they are back with their running game.

Not only we need to flush him out ........we HAVE to sack him!! Period!!!

Stop Starks in trenches & go man coverage throughout!

Starks makes me a little nervous because he's got some speed to him. Won't be an easy one but I'm hoping the bye week and the fact that Green Bay has had back to back emotionally tough games will factor in to a win for us...

I truly believe that 2 straight ALL OUT and emotional games will catch up to the Packers this week. Our crowd will be out of control and should help even more.

The Packers were truly FORTUNATE to escape with a victory today...2 missed FGs and several miscues, although part of the game, are why Philly lost.

WE AIN'T PHILLY!!!!

Actually, they blitzed Rodgers a lot like Brees Monday night. And just like with Brees, they'd get to him and either he'd make the blitzer miss or dump it off.

And Grimes had his worse game of the year if I remember correctly. I know we use Williams as the nickel but since he is sent to blitz so much, I wish we'd use Owens instead. He is a sure hitter.

I think the defense will play hard like before. I think Ryan will have more say in calling plays and use more high tempo no huddle attacks.

I just hope for solid play and no second half or any lulls. I want to win, just win Baby.

Finally, I like being the underdogs. It seems that Atlanta teams faulter when expected to do well on the national stage. Just stay the underdog all the way to the big game.

I think the lesson we learned in that game is rushing 3 is stupid. Hopefully we keep Rodgers behind the LOS and stay in his face because we were pretty conservative on defense

One thing they did to Vick tonight was not only use a spy but use him as a blitzer as soon as it looked like Vick was gonna run. Can't do that with Lofton but I think one of the other LB's or even the nickel could do that. That is unless they just all out blitz him.

Ryan- Though he completed allot of passes they were mostly dumpoffs I didnt see many shots taken down field. I do like the fact that we completed passes but by the end of the game the packers were sitting on the shorter routes so even when we caught the ball we got hit right after.

This is expected, since we don't stretch the field they're going to sell out to stop the run, roll coverage towards Roddy, blanket Tony and sit on all of the underneath stuff. It will be up for Mularkey to make the proper adjustments if GB is successfully defending our offense. The scary question is will he? Jenkins, Douglas and Finnernan need to have the game of their lives.

Turner- Had a good game ran hard broke tackles and had a couple break out runs not much to say on him The running game has been pretty poor the past few weeks. If Turner doesn't get going, we're 1 and done sadly. Now is not the time for stubby steps and tippy toes.

Roddy- Not one of his greatest games was shutdown most of the game.

Green Bay will try to make sure he doesn't have a good game.. We need him.

Pass defense- Totally shredded over 300 yards passing against us absolutely no pass rush it was just horrible and if we ever got close to rodgers we just whiffed then he ran down field for a 1st down. Jordy Nelson ate our lunch that day. They're really deep at the WR position so someone is gonna go off. They were 1 dimensional then, a running game only makes them more dangerous.

Rush Defense- Other then rodgers running they didnt do much had 1 run of over 10 yards. But with Starks coming off a big game with phili even if they are bad he is going to get confidence over that. Packers had Philly on their heels, they didn't expect Starks to go off. It's something I'm sure Smith will be paying a lot of attention too.

Special Teams- Weems saved the game for us and not for the face mask he would of had a TD.

Let's not make it easier for the cheese heads by giving them a short field.

We also had 3 or 4 Personal foul penalties we cannot let that happen again.

Penalties are never good unless the other teams committing them.

Actually, they blitzed Rodgers a lot like Brees Monday night. And just like with Brees, they'd get to him and either he'd make the blitzer miss or dump it off.

And Grimes had his worse game of the year if I remember correctly. I know we use Williams as the nickel but since he is sent to blitz so much, I wish we'd use Owens instead. He is a sure hitter.

I think the defense will play hard like before. I think Ryan will have more say in calling plays and use more high tempo no huddle attacks.

I just hope for solid play and no second half or any lulls. I want to win, just win Baby.

Finally, I like being the underdogs. It seems that Atlanta teams faulter when expected to do well on the national stage. Just stay the underdog all the way to the big game.

A big key here is an obvious, the Packers are much like the Saints offensively but not quite as lethal.

The Falcons have faced this type of offense enough and the young guys aren't making many bone-headed plays anymore. If the pressure keeps coming from other players to complement what Abraham is doing Atlanta should be able to keep the Packers from scoring any more than they did earlier in the season.

While the Packers had a lot of yards passing in the first meeting, I'd take the outcome overall as long as the offense doesn't come out flat and vanilla. Atlanta is all about starting fast and forcing the other team to play their game.

I think we have improved on defense every game, and are playing better now. Also, I think the offense is opening up. Guess we'll see.

All I would like to do, is remind Matty of how he felt on the sideline at Arizona, during our playoff game 2 years ago.

Late 4th quarter and he was ready to come in to lead us down the field for a score and win.

They showed him on the big screen and he was getting ready, putting his helmet on.

All of a sudden, ahole Brooking decides to have a brain fart, the Cards get a first down and we are done!

I was there and I was just devistated and I'm sure he was too!

I would keep reminding him of how he felt at that moment and tell him to let everyone know how bad that feels and to do everything they can to avoid that!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

A big key here is an obvious, the Packers are much like the Saints offensively but not quite as lethal.

The Falcons have faced this type of offense enough and the young guys aren't making many bone-headed plays anymore. If the pressure keeps coming from other players to complement what Abraham is doing Atlanta should be able to keep the Packers from scoring any more than they did earlier in the season.

While the Packers had a lot of yards passing in the first meeting, I'd take the outcome overall as long as the offense doesn't come out flat and vanilla. Atlanta is all about starting fast and forcing the other team to play their game.

I agree with one caveat, though...Brees will not scramble to buy time or to "move the chains"...Rodgers will.

Controlling Rodgers ability to extend plays will be absolutely critical in our quest to win this game. We must also control this newfound running game they have and force them to become "1-dimensional"...TACKLING well is critical!

On offense, we MUST move the chains by any means necessary...3rd downs will be big (as usual). Also, a big game from Gonzo will go a long way in opening up the passing game for everyone else. I would love for us to use the pass to open up the run to start the game (preferably with the no huddle)...doing the complete OPPOSITE of what they "EXPECT" to see initially.

Edited by BirdzEyeView

I really dont expect the Packers to do much different than what they did in the first matchup even with Starks. I think the Packers probably feel they lost the game more than Atlanta won it. There was the fumble on the one yard line, the pass Gonzo dropped on the 4th down that was called incorrectly, the final kick return by Weems that had the facemaks, an iffy spot on the Packers first drive when Rodgers slid past the marker, and on two occasions Ovie and Snelling were able to make short catches and run pretty well after the catch. I wouldnt expect the Packers to do anything different in this game besides maybe stack the box a little harder to try and stop a fresh Turner.

Likewise I would expect the Falcons to play the same passive zones they played in the first game. The Falcons will give up a ton of yards and completions but Rodgers is statistically the best QB against the blitz since hes become starter. He also is the NFLs all time leader in pass rating now so sending heat and hoping for a big play probably wont be a good idea leaving DBs one on one and letting Rodgers find his hot reads. On the other hand if they force him to sit back and wait for windows the 4 man rush could affect him or there could be miscommunication for the receivers. Offensively the Falcons would be wise to just run the ball in this one. The Packers run about 85% nickel defense with Woodson who plays like an extra safety in the box. Atlanta could get a body on the Packs lineman and linebackers and let Turner break Woodson and the other DBs. Of course easier said than done but...

I agree with one caveat, though...Brees will not scramble to buy time or to "move the chains"...Rodgers will.

Controlling Rodgers ability to extend plays will be absolutely critical in our quest to win this game. We must also control this newfound running game they have and force them to become "1-dimensional"...TACKLING well is critical!

On offense, we MUST move the chains by any means necessary...3rd downs will be big (as usual). Also, a big game from Gonzo will go a long way in opening up the passing game for everyone else. I would love for us to use the pass to open up the run to start the game (preferably with the no huddle)...doing the complete OPPOSITE of what they "EXPECT" to see initially.

While I agree with your point, I believe it is inevitable that Rodgers will move the chains on the ground at times unless Atlanta plays at an insanely high level defensively(or its best in other words) limiting any yardage Aaron gets on the ground.

That being said, if he winds up being their leading rusher again I'll take that over Starks rushing for 100+. The Falcons want the Packers to play from behind. Now, whether that means Atlanta attacking more like in the Saints game or not will be an interesting thing to watch for, but I'm sure Atlanta feels more confident on defense than in the first meeting while that was still an overall solid performance.

I think our D is going to play like the D we saw against the Saints. Blitzes, a lot of pressure, and some more blitzes. We can't give Rodgers time to throw.

I am not worried about our offense, we just need to control the clock, run some, pass some, but no short dinky passes.

I think our D is going to play like the D we saw against the Saints. Blitzes, a lot of pressure, and some more blitzes. We can't give Rodgers time to throw.

I am not worried about our offense, we just need to control the clock, run some, pass some, but no short dinky passes.

I don't like the idea of blitzing Rodgers, he is one of the best at throwing under pressure. I say we rush 4 and drop back into coverage. I trust Abe to get the pressure on him. Of course throw some Blitzes in ther to keep him guessing but overal i think we should rush 4 NOT 3

Rushing 3 and dropping 8 isn't the answer.

I'm more worried about our offense than I am the defense.

-

Same here. As I stated in a previous post, the O is going to be the reason why we win. They are going to double Roddy or roll coverage to his side and force someone else to beat them at the WR spot. Its up to Mularkey to create good route combination to get people open. Its on MULARKEY to put people in the right situation to win. He has to find ways to get people open. You have to have bells in whistles in your running/passing attack. We are too OBVIOUS and I will always hate that

I don't like the idea of blitzing Rodgers, he is one of the best at throwing under pressure. I say we rush 4 and drop back into coverage. I trust Abe to get the pressure on him. Of course throw some Blitzes in ther to keep him guessing but overal i think we should rush 4 NOT 3

Agree. We seem to not do well when rushing 3. They always connect on a pass because we can't get to them with 3. Though I'm curious if we can do something similar to the Saints game at our place. The D was in Brees face and in the backfield the whole game. Yes, he still made plays downfield, but we also gave up a few sacks that could have turned things around. If we can mimic that but get the sacks instead of flushing him out of the pocket, we should do well on defense.

Rushing 3 and dropping 8 isn't the answer.

I'm more worried about our offense than I am the defense.

-

Doesn't it frustrate when you watch other folks Offense from an Xs and O standpoint, seeing the formations and personnel groupings and route combination, how they get folks open and why its so hard for us to have folks open...

I really dont expect the Packers to do much different than what they did in the first matchup even with Starks. I think the Packers probably feel they lost the game more than Atlanta won it. There was the fumble on the one yard line, the pass Gonzo dropped on the 4th down that was called incorrectly, the final kick return by Weems that had the facemaks, an iffy spot on the Packers first drive when Rodgers slid past the marker, and on two occasions Ovie and Snelling were able to make short catches and run pretty well after the catch. I wouldnt expect the Packers to do anything different in this game besides maybe stack the box a little harder to try and stop a fresh Turner.

Likewise I would expect the Falcons to play the same passive zones they played in the first game. The Falcons will give up a ton of yards and completions but Rodgers is statistically the best QB against the blitz since hes become starter. He also is the NFLs all time leader in pass rating now so sending heat and hoping for a big play probably wont be a good idea leaving DBs one on one and letting Rodgers find his hot reads. On the other hand if they force him to sit back and wait for windows the 4 man rush could affect him or there could be miscommunication for the receivers. Offensively the Falcons would be wise to just run the ball in this one. The Packers run about 85% nickel defense with Woodson who plays like an extra safety in the box. Atlanta could get a body on the Packs lineman and linebackers and let Turner break Woodson and the other DBs. Of course easier said than done but...

Why are legit plays by Ovie and Snelling in this laundry list? The face mask on Weems was done to save a touchdown in an already tied game. No face mask would have equalled game over.