James Starks vs Falcons run D

falconfan82

We ranked 10th against the run this year, so I'm not terribly worried. If I recall the ESPN stat, Starks had 30 total runs before this game. You would think we'd excited about playing a rookie at home in a pressure situation, but he had one good game against an over-rated team and everybody's going to be biting their nails....

They'll hype him up all week to give the Pack the air of balance going into this one, but when we put him on his rear five or six times in a row, they'll be back to passing 90% of the time.

The Falcons just have to put together a good game plan, like they did in the first meeting, and go out there and execute, and they should have no problems winning this game. They walk out there and "Saints" it up? They'll be one and done.

I think that some of the national media overlooked the fact that the Eagles were starting a rookie MLB, while we have what should've been an all Pro this year in Curtis Lofton. Throw in the irrestible force that is William Moore, and I think we can shut down this kid. Eagles just weren't prepared to stop the run at those two critical positions.

Not legarret Blount or j. Stewart. Buy really besides a few bad games we have been great against the run. I feel like facing a good team like the pack will have this team playing the greatest football from the falcons thy we have seen in a long time.

You're correct LVfalconfan---these two backs are a lot better and we handled them with min prob---lets not sike ourselves out here---our run D is good

That was the Eagles Defense. They're always bad against the run. We talking about the Falcons front four. Starks is overhyped. As a matter of fact he is pretty slow and knowing the speed of our defense we are gonna have eleven guys on the ball every time. Rise Up!

That was the Eagles Defense. They're always bad against the run. We talking about the Falcons front four. Starks is overhyped. As a matter of fact he is pretty slow and knowing the speed of our defense we are gonna have eleven guys on the ball every time. Rise Up!

+1 I wasn't that impressed with Phillys D

The Philly D made Starks look good.

As DocFalcon said, they had a poor MLB in and they lost their DE Graham earlier as well.

Add in the fact Philly probably was not expecting a power run game from Greenbay and they got caught on their heels a bit with their scheme.

We don't have those injuries and we won't make the same mistake as we've seen Starks and how GB runs their offense in past seasons when they have a viable run game. (Health and study time = 2 good reason to have a bye)

They'll hype him up all week to give the Pack the air of balance going into this one, but when we put him on his rear five or six times in a row, they'll be back to passing 90% of the time.

The Falcons just have to put together a good game plan, like they did in the first meeting, and go out there and execute, and they should have no problems winning this game. They walk out there and "Saints" it up? They'll be one and done.

This.

Don't let Starks' success against Philly fool you guys too much. We are a better "team" at stopping the run on a consistent basis than Philly.

I'm not exactly worried about a RB with almost no carries who had a good game against a terrible defense which was missing a linebacker. Of course, regardless of that, by the end of the week the media will have everyone convinced this kid is Jim Brown and that the Falcons have no chance.

I think that some of the national media overlooked the fact that the Eagles were starting a rookie MLB, while we have what should've been an all Pro this year in Curtis Lofton. Throw in the irrestible force that is William Moore, and I think we can shut down this kid. Eagles just weren't prepared to stop the run at those two critical positions.

And, This.

Our run defense is far from "slotch" material...ranked 10th during the regular season with no missing parts going into this game. If our pass defense holds up like it has of late, we should win this game.

Our special teams play is much better than theirs as well...People tend to forget about this important phase of the game.

Edited by BirdzEyeView

I'm hoping our Defense is working to get better on 3rd downs and containment of Rodgers. We cant let him break loose and get easy first downs(or touchdowns) if you remember the earlier game this year. That is a critical area we need to focus on heading into this game and also if we face Cutler.