UGA gets 3rd commit in 4 days. Ramik Wilson commits to UGA!

SacFalcFan

senior stats

90 tackles

18 sacks

5 passes broken up

7 fumbles forced

1 fumble recovery

1/1 passing 72 yards 1 TD

19 catches 258 yards 5 touchdowns

3 punts for 143 yards. (47.67 avg)

WOW. how good of competition did he play against?

think he can step in and play some snaps this year?

WOW. how good of competition did he play against?

think he can step in and play some snaps this year?

Good rule of thumb normally kids from Florida play good competition, I think he played 3A which is kind of middle of the road as far as high school size. He played very well in the State title game and if you make it that far you played against good teams.

Good rule of thumb normally kids from Florida play good competition, I think he played 3A which is kind of middle of the road as far as high school size. He played very well in the State title game and if you make it that far you played against good teams.

good points. Yea his commitment articles say people have been all over him since that game

anyone have a link of highlights to that game? I'd love to see the game that finally got everyone else's attention for him

Nice.

being lazy so I'll just ask - did you do an eval on him?

Yes.

767310.jpg

Property of www.scout.com

Ramik Wilson

Jefferson High School (FL)

6'3 228

40 yard: 4.6

Season stats:

Strengths:

* Athleticism

* Size

* Pursuit

* Aggressiveness

* Hands

* Physicality / Hitting power

* Very good downhill LB.

Weaknesses:

* Discipline / Awareness

* Block shedding

* Plays too high at times.

On the hoof Ramik Wilson has really good size. He has great height and I do think he can add some more weight -- I would see him filling out at about 245 pounds. Wilson looks to be very strong when running down hill to make tackles and he moves well from sideline-to-sideline. He really has a unique combination of size and speed. Based on what was said at the Gridiron Kings passing tournament, it looks like Wilson can play some pass coverage as well. He was a pretty solid high school tight end that exhibited good hands and great feet so I think that he has some good skills to be good in coverage -- in high school he did a ton of blitzing though, so it's hard to get a feel where he is as a cover linebacker. Another thing is, he might be too aggressive at times. Is this a product of the defense he plays in? It very well could be. But I feel like he would be sucked in on a play action and that would certainly be a problem. He plays a little too high at times which appears to be a common weakness with guys who are physically superior to their opponents. As a result, he sometimes struggles against blocks. He definitely excels as a downhill linebacker which is why he projects as an inside linebacker. It looks like Wilson is some what of a late bloomer so I think with his size and athleticism, his potential is very high. I would imagine he'll contribute on special teams as a freshman.

I will say that if he goes to Georgia he will be a very good linebacker. I have so much confidence in Coach Warren Belin and his ability to get guys to play football the right way. In his first year at UGA just take a look at how productive Akeem Dent, Christian Robinson and Marcus Dowtin were.

Film:

Best case scenerio: Jerod Mayo

Edited by kingjamez