Better fit for Falcons; Nnamdi Asomugha or Champ Bailey

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

1st: Do we need either of these guys?

2nd: Which would be best for the team, not necessarily best player?

3rd: How much would it cost to get either one of them here?

4th: What do we do about Brent Grimes or Dunta Robinson if we were to pick one of them up?

No Falcon football for a week got me thinking?

I no one plus is Nnamdi Asomugha is 29 years old. Champ Bailey is 32 years old. Brent Grimes looked great this season & is 27yrs. old.

Here is 2 links to look at both of them;

Nnamdi Asomugha

http://www.nfl.com/players/nnamdiasomugha/profile?id=ASO415291

Champ Bailey

http://www.nfl.com/players/champbailey/profile?id=BAI582194

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atl.falcon4ever

One is old, the other way too expensive

Just thinking guys that's all. But Champ is not old. I mean yeah he is 32 but the other two guys mentioned are 28 or so. I mean yeah 4 years can make a difference I guess. Just saying :)

And I'm 31. So that's not old is it? :(

I like our corners we have, just wanted to see what anyone's take would be on either of these two guys that's all.

Just thinking guys thats all. But Champ is not old. I mean yeah he is 32 but the other two guys mentioned are 28 or so. I mean yeah 4 years can make a difference I guess. Just saying :)

And I'm 31. So thats not old is it? :(

in football 32 is old. he will probably only be here for 3-4 years and who knows how long he stays competitive.

Part of me wishes that we would have waited 1 season to get our top dollar CB. The other part of me doesn't wan't to spend that kind of money on a CB. The other part of me still wishes we waited.

agree, but i dont want to spend that much on a cb. nnamdi would be super awesome to have, and we could have him and grimes on opposite sides, but we got other guys to resign.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Part of me wishes that we would have waited 1 season to get our top dollar CB. The other part of me doesn't wan't to spend that kind of money on a CB. The other part of me still wishes we waited.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. But this was Dunta's first stop in free agency, which means he wanted to be hear as much as we wanted him to be. So I like that part of it.I mean that means a lot being a fan and all. He could have went some were else and still got paid.

I have heard a lot of bad mouthing Dunta Robinson, and kinda disagree anyway. I read the posts on hear everyday and all that complain make valid points. But with him Brent Grimes has flourished, either from Dunta taking charge and mentoring our corners or people shying away from Dunta in favor of Brent Grimes. Even if he is our Joe Horn to Roddy White as far as Dunta Robinson to Brent Grimes or whatever it seems to have worked out. So I think Dunta Robinson deserves more credit than he gets.

But like you said knowing who is available and what we have on the team right now, I wish we would have waited to this year. But think this time last year, our corners were terrible at best. No way we ever saw Grimes coming along the way he did.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

The correct answer to this question is "C" Charles Johnson: 24 yr old DE.

I do not see how Carolina would ever let go of someone that young who is coming into their own. Will he be a restricted or un restricted free agent. I mean cause Carolina will not even entertain offers for him from anyone in there division. I just can not see them letting him walk. But if they do, I'll drive up there and pick him up myself. :D

Just for perspective - Champ Bailey was drafted in 1999.

Matrix was the top grossing movie.

Lance Armstrong made his big comeback from testicular cancer and won the Tour De France.

Bill Clinton was President and G.W. Bush became the front runner for the 2000 election.

Y2K was fast approaching.

Britney Spears - Baby One More Time was the song of the year.

Backstreet Boys - Millennium was the CD of the year.

Falcons lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Champ is old.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Where would you play them? :wacko:

Well someone said Champ wanted to move to safety. I do not know if that would be a good thing or not. So either we trade Dunta or Grimes I would assume. Maybe if we found right defensive end or what ever player in the draft we could package our 1st pick with one of them or something to get that player in the draft. If they are a better fit than what we have and we can afford it, there is always a way to make it happen. Just brought up topic to see what all of you thought. I really do not see us making another big free agent splash on a corner. Just saying if we did. Cause you never know what Dimitroff is thinking.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Just for perspective - Champ Bailey was drafted in 1999.

Matrix was the top grossing movie.

Lance Armstrong made his big comeback from testicular cancer and won the Tour De France.

Bill Clinton was President and G.W. Bush became the front runner for the 2000 election.

Y2K was fast approaching.

Britney Spears - Baby One More Time was the song of the year.

Backstreet Boys - Millennium was the CD of the year.

Falcons lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Champ is old.

Well noted, thanks, now I feel Champ Bailey is old and I feel old as well. :( But never the less well noted. :D

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Could we just figure out a way to make Grimes a few inches taller?

I say that they gotta make some kinda of special shoes. Kinda like every body has those shape up kinda shoes out. 3 or so inches made up in shoes might be a possibility. Maybe the 2 of us can find away to make this happen. Maybe the next million dollar idea :lol:

I think Champ fits us better... 1st of all Aso plays PURE MAN.... Thats going to be a adjustment like Dunta is having to do... Champ has played zone and man.

2nd.. I dont think we need to pay a CB big money like Aso will get... Champ would be affordable, he is a GA boy, and he lives here... He could play some NB charles woodson style.

Well someone said Champ wanted to move to safety. I do not know if that would be a good thing or not. So either we trade Dunta or Grimes I would assume. Maybe if we found right defensive end or what ever player in the draft we could package our 1st pick with one of them or something to get that player in the draft. If they are a better fit than what we have and we can afford it, there is always a way to make it happen. Just brought up topic to see what all of you thought. I really do not see us making another big free agent splash on a corner. Just saying if we did. Cause you never know what Dimitroff is thinking.

Man u r crazy...LOLOLOL :lol:

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Man u r crazy...LOLOLOL :lol:

Maybe so but i love thinking outside of the box and talking football. But crazy :wacko: is not ruled out either. I may be :lol:

Just try to add my 2 cents and help keep the board interesting that's all.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I think Champ fits us better... 1st of all Aso plays PURE MAN.... Thats going to be a adjustment like Dunta is having to do... Champ has played zone and man.

2nd.. I dont think we need to pay a CB big money like Aso will get... Champ would be affordable, he is a GA boy, and he lives here... He could play some NB charles woodson style.

Great point "atljbo"

Since he is nearing the end of career might want to make a run with us to the Super Bowl. Also might wanna end it all here like Jason Elam did. Just hope it goes better for him than Jason Elam.

I say that they gotta make some kinda of special shoes. Kinda like every body has those shape up kinda shoes out. 3 or so inches made up in shoes might be a possibility. Maybe the 2 of us can find away to make this happen. Maybe the next million dollar idea :lol:

Absolutely. I could use a pair myself...then I'd give Grimesy a run for his money.

Great point "atljbo"

Since he is nearing the end of career might want to make a run with us to the Super Bowl. Also might wanna end it all here like Jason Elam did. Just hope it goes better for him than Jason Elam.

Champ has still been playing like a top CB... Maybe not like 25 year old champ.. But still a good CB champ