The Official Packers vs. Eagles In-Game Thread

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im rooting for the Eagles for 2 reasons...

1- I would rather play the seahawks coming off a bye.

2- I want to face Vick in the conference championship...

plus those cheeseheads are like mice... they will somehow find a way to get 1,000 packer fans in the dome next week.

Im rooting for the Eagles for 2 reasons...

1- I would rather play the seahawks coming off a bye.

2- I want to face Vick in the conference championship...

plus those cheeseheads are like mice... they will somehow find a way to get 1,000 packer fans in the dome next week.

Your reason #1 is the ONLY reason I'm pulling for the Eagles. To be able to face the Seahawks coming off a bye and with them having to travel cross-country after such an emotionally-draining game yesterday would be the perfect scenario for the Falcons.

Not pulling for either team, just letting it all play out. If the Falcons play their game, we can beat anyone of these teams. I'm sure the Taints fans were delighted to be getting the Seahawks as their first matchup before yesterday. Just glad our guys are resting while these teams are all beating each other up.

Not pulling for either team, just letting it all play out. If the Falcons play their game, we can beat anyone of these teams. I'm sure the Taints fans were delighted to be getting the Seahawks as their first matchup before yesterday. Just glad our guys are resting while these teams are all beating each other up.

If we learned one lesson from that Aints loss yesterday it's that you can't overlook ANY team. It's clear that the Aints were still riding on the coattails of what they did LAST year and that that would be enough to take them through the playoffs THIS year. But, like they say, "that's why you play the game."

If we learned one lesson from that Aints loss yesterday it's that you can't overlook ANY team. It's clear that the Aints were still riding on the coattails of what they did LAST year and that that would be enough to take them through the playoffs THIS year. But, like they say, "that's why you play the game."

Another thing that was confirmed to me about the Taints yesterday is that they completely sell out on defense. They stack the box and commit to stopping the short routes. The way to beat them is throw over top of them...This is why the Monday night loss to them was maddening to me because I felt like we were setting them up for the deep play action pass that never happened due us not taking care of the ball.

All water under the bridge now though!

Your reason #1 is the ONLY reason I'm pulling for the Eagles. To be able to face the Seahawks coming off a bye and with them having to travel cross-country after such an emotionally-draining game yesterday would be the perfect scenario for the Falcons.

this

those two teams would play a tough game in chicago and then:

if the bears then beat the eagles, we get an inconsistent quarterback coming to our house for the championship game. they've got a stout defense, but i think they're a bit untested.

if the eagles win, we get a chance to exorcise the demons of michael vick. i don't see the dome being the way it was last year. it wasn't a basket of cheers at the beginning of that game. i won't be there to boo or cheer vick. i'll be there to root for my TEAM, and i think most people will fall in that category. there will be some remnants around and cheers will go up for him, but if we come in and handle business, it will be those people leaving the dome early and we'll celebrate afterwards. reid's gameplanning and vick's improvisation is the only thing that worries me about dealing with them. not a few "fans."

if the packers win today, we could have to go through the packers and then the bears.

what's the easier path? seahawks--->bears or packers--->bears?

it's a win/win, hopefully literally. :P