Flacco vs Ryan debate still going on?

Big Bubba

Is it truly fair though to ignore his playoff record because other facets of his team have excelled? Wasn't Ryan's rookie year on the back of a 1700 yard rb that had 18 TDs? His 2nd year, the signing of the best TE to ever play the game.. As much as I bring up stuff like that, I don't totally ignore the fact that Ryan was on the team when it was having success. His teams success is his success. Flacco's team success is his success.

Is it truly fair though to ignore his playoff record because other facets of his team have excelled? Wasn't Ryan's rookie year on the back of a 1700 yard rb that had 18 TDs? His 2nd year, the signing of the best TE to ever play the game.. As much as I bring up stuff like that, I don't totally ignore the fact that Ryan was on the team when it was having success. His teams success is his success. Flacco's team success is his success.

When the Falcons and Ravens played head to head, we put the debate to bed, when the Falcons bottled up Flacco and made him ineffective and erratic, while Ryan cruised to well over 300 Yards. The debate can open up again if you would like, but the people who actually care and aren't trying to get a rise out of Falcons fans already know who the best out of this pair is.

Btw..... I'm not trying to get a rise out of Falcon fans. I admit, Ryan>Flacco in the regular season. Ryan's team has the wins plus a real nice record at home.

This is the playoffs though. 4-2 in the postseason is pretty good for a third year Qb.

you should be comparing moore and clausen ;)

Ryan is slightly better right now, while Flacco's team is better than ATLs.

Ryan is not as far ahead of Flacco as most here would say. These two will be two of the better QBs in the NFL for the next decade.

Ryan has better stats, but only by a hair. So yes, right now i think you have to give the edge to Ryan.

Flacco's career has been impressive so far and his playoff record is as well; but using that stat as the reason to determine who is better is way offside IMO.

Balt was not in shambles when he arrived unlike what Ryan had to come in to. The stats suggest that Balt won those playoff games inspite of Flacco too.

Ryan's only playoff game was a loss at Arizona, where he was outdueled by a possible HOF QB in Warner and where a certain Atlanta multiple pro-bowl, veteran LB bit on the play action and got burned on 3 and 16!

So extending the logic of the "playoff wins gives Flacco the edge" further, this means that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Marino, Fouts, Esiason, McNabb, Kelly et al because he's won a SB.

Really?........