GET HIM ASAP TD!

coastiemike

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, he is from Louisiana. Please don't let him go to the Saints. They need DBs in the worst way.

By the way, Asomugha was only thrown at 27 times all year....and only gave up 13 catches. And, for anyone interested in Nnamdi's amazing stats, he hasn't allowed a TD in 3 years as far as I can tell.

If you have Aso and Dunta playing across each other, you can blitz a ton more. Just go get it done.

He'll drop his price if he wants a chance to win a Super Bowl. We are true contenders for the foreseeable future. Would you rather take $20 mil a year to play for the Dolphins or $12 mil a year to play for us? Guess it depends on your priorities. He is approaching 30 and I would think a championship is on his mind.

We don't know that, and he's been getting $15m-$20m a year from the Raiders for a few years now. Even if he'd take a sizeable cut to play here, $12m+ a year is too much given the number of players that we are going to need to resign or repalce over the next few years (Claybo, Dahl, Blalock, Grimes, Koenan and Weems in 2011, Bierman, HD, Lofton and Decoud in 2012).

If its a choice between keeping this teams together, or signing Aso and blowing up part os the team because we can't afford to resign our FA's, I'd rather keep the team together.

Let the Skins pay him $20m a year. They fall over themsleves to sign the biggest names every year, and are a perential bottom feeded because you donlt build a champiosnhip calibre roster by overspending on a handful of big name players.

Bring him to Atlanta, Dunta and Nnamdi out there whoever we have a DE will look like monsters. We can stick with our DB's which would be fine with me and find some help at DE to further imorove the line and secondary or we can go get the man and I think Kroy would become a monster and Abe could stick around a few more years.

I also wonder what Sid would look like rushing the passer with Dunta and Aso back there, we could fix our D-line with 1 guy, Dunta imo has helped to improve our Dline Aso would fix it and then in the draft go ge tthat young wr and rb, or bring back wood and go get a young wr and te.

If it was about money, I would think he would stay with the Raiders since he had a ridiculous contract. I guess we'll just wait it out and see. Do I think he comes to Atlanta? Not likely. Do I think we should talk to him? Yes because due diligence is part of being a top notch football team.

We don't know that, and he's been getting $15m-$20m a year from the Raiders for a few years now. Even if he'd take a sizeable cut to play here, $12m+ a year is too much given the number of players that we are going to need to resign or repalce over the next few years (Claybo, Dahl, Blalock, Grimes, Koenan and Weems in 2011, Bierman, HD, Lofton and Decoud in 2012).

If its a choice between keeping this teams together, or signing Aso and blowing up part os the team because we can't afford to resign our FA's, I'd rather keep the team together.

Let the Skins pay him $20m a year. They fall over themsleves to sign the biggest names every year, and are a perential bottom feeded because you donlt build a champiosnhip calibre roster by overspending on a handful of big name players.

Koenan,Weems, and HD won't be expensive at all. Dahl won't get that much I don't think. Only ones that might cost us a lot is Grimes,DeCoud,Lofton, and maybe Biermann. I know TD will do what is best for this team. And I'm willing to bet money that Aso won't be in a falcons uni next year or the year after

I dont see us getting him because there are other teams out there that really NEED a CB, that would overpay, or will be willing to pay much more than TD would like since he already spent alot on dunta. Plus raiders just had their first .500 season in forever, he might want to stay.

i can see the redskins paying him like 300 million dollars after they cut haynesworth lol

He's a beast!! all of you that think INT's are an important stat to determine if a CB is good or not need to check his stats. The dude is one of the top 3 cb's in the league.

As is Grimes, and I don't want Grimes to go ever, I don't think we he wants to go either.

By the way, he is from Louisiana. Please don't let him go to the Saints. They need DBs in the worst way.

By the way, Asomugha was only thrown at 27 times all year....and only gave up 13 catches. And, for anyone interested in Nnamdi's amazing stats, he hasn't allowed a TD in 3 years as far as I can tell.

If you have Aso and Dunta playing across each other, you can blitz a ton more. Just go get it done.

And get rid of our best playmaker??, NO THANKS!

I can't believe the raiders let that happen, but I don't think we can afford him.

We can use some of the money they pay JA98. With JA98 contract expiring next year, they can offset Nnamdi Asomugha contract over the years. Grimes can play the nickel and B Williams can play the dime if he is retain after the season.

Am I the only one who thinks that Grimes is a solid #2 corner? Why would we bring in a player who just earned 15mil a year and replace him for someone who made under 800k and performed well?

I'm not saying Nnamdi isn't a talented player, but I believe in Grimes.

We should resign Grimes and he would be a nickle CB, Aso and Robinson would be starting CB's, keep owens and franks for back up.

Wouldn't you want your two best CB's in the starting positions? Robinson would have to play nickle.

I gotta admit, the prospect is intriguing. I don't normally get excited about big name free agents- especially Cb's... But man, that would improve our defense.

I have to agree with Ransack & UK, though. I'd rather get Charles Johnson. DE is just plain more important.

Heck, if in some weird world we were able to get both players, we could focus almost our entire draft on offense.