Ok Gents,

What a huge ear to ear smile I had after the Aints got worked by the Hawks, I called that game but I also always predict the Aints to lose out of pure hatred for their franchise. Now the Aints are out of the way so who do we cheer for Philly or GB? GB will obviously give us a much tougher game if they play us next Sat, but if the eagles win they are one step closer to playing us in the NFCCG. My biggest fear is the eagles coming to the DOME, where "MV7" fans will flood the stadium, and maybe even start a "we want Vick" chant like 2 years ago (digusting)! I think if philly goes to the Bears they will lose, and I think we should take the closest thing to a guarantee in playing the Seahawks!? What does everyone else think about today???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles. Vick can't adjust to the blitz so beating them is a sure thing. Beating the pack would be just as easy but I would rather beat Eagles since I really hate Philly fans.

Agreed... The only thing more annoying than Saints fans are Philly fans... doesn't matter if it's the Eagles or Phillies, I just puke at the sight of all their trash talk.

Personally I'd like to see Philly win today... We'd get the Seahawks and after that the winner of Chicago/Philly, which I think will be Chicago.

My gut says Green Bay pulls off the upset though.

Eagles. Vick can't adjust to the blitz so beating them is a sure thing. Beating the pack would be just as easy but I would rather beat Eagles since I really hate Philly fans.

nothing is a sure thing in the playoffs,just ask the saints,but as much as i hate philly,i want them to win so we get the hawks(an easier team to shake off any rust)and from there,it doesnt matter to me

Agreed... The only thing more annoying than Saints fans are Philly fans... doesn't matter if it's the Eagles or Phillies, I just puke at the sight of all their trash talk.

Personally I'd like to see Philly win today... We'd get the Seahawks and after that the winner of Chicago/Philly, which I think will be Chicago.

My gut says Green Bay pulls off the upset though.

If anything all the national pundits are thinking GB would win not eagles. So If Eagles win that would be an upset not GB winning. Even LasVegas has them only at 2.5 favor (that is normal for home field game)

smile.gif

It would suit me if YKW never saw the inside of the GA dome again.

I agree with this. Plus, we've proven we can beat GB (a team who also had no running game). The problem with Vick is that he improvises. You can install a game plan to contain that, but once he starts running, anything can happen. That seems more dangerous to me than a one-sided GB.

If anything all the national pundits are thinking GB would win not eagles. So If Eagles win that would be an upset not GB winning. Even LasVegas has them only at 2.5 favor (that is normal for home field game)

smile.gif

That is a betting line hopefully assuring the bookies equal money on both sides of the bet and they then take the full 10% vigorish. It is NOT ever a prediction of who they think will win, only where they think the public will split their money.

I agree with this. Plus, we've proven we can beat GB (a team who also had no running game). The problem with Vick is that he improvises. You can install a game plan to contain that, but once he starts running, anything can happen. That seems more dangerous to me than a one-sided GB.

Let the Bears take care of the Eagles at Soldiers Field....

For the best "path" to the Super Bowl, I'd say pull for the Eagles.

The likely path is either:

Seattle --> Philadelphia or Chicago --> Super Bowl

Or

Green Bay --> Chicago or Seattle --> Super Bowl

Although Seattle smacked the Saints in the mouth, I'm not worried about that team. Especially in Atlanta.

Eagles...That would ensure the Seahawks coming here. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to root against the Eagles (as much as I dislike them and their fan base), if it provides us with a much "easier" opponent to play on our road towards the Super Bowl.

I'm CERTAIN our guys won't take the Seahawks or any other team lightly....especially after what just happened to the Saints! ;)

Edited by BirdzEyeView

nothing is a sure thing in the playoffs,just ask the saints,but as much as i hate philly,i want them to win so we get the hawks(an easier team to shake off any rust)and from there,it doesnt matter to me

yeah i was thinking the same thing. Im sure their will be nerves and rust to get rid of. i would rather have to do that against the seahawks instead of the packers.