Did the Seahawks just move into 2008 Cardinals territory

JOEinPHX

I might be a little premature here since our next opponent isn't yet known. And all things considered, I'd rather see Seattle in the Dome next week than Green Bay. But what the Seahawks did yesterday put me in mind of the 2008 Cardinals.

Both went into the playoffs with the tag 'worst team in playoff history' (and the Seahawks did much more to earn it than Arizona). Both opened the playoffs with a close win over a team with a better record that had to travel to their field (and the Seahawks did it over a reigning champion). NFCW Seattle may be traveling to play the NFCS champ next week just like NFCW Arizona did in 2008 (and we know how that one ended).

So yeah, I want Philly to win today and be a victim at Soldier Field next week.

But I sure wouldn't sleep on Seattle.

I might be a little premature here since our next opponent isn't yet known. And all things considered, I'd rather see Seattle in the Dome next week than Green Bay. But what the Seahawks did yesterday put me in mind of the 2008 Cardinals.

Both went into the playoffs with the tag 'worst team in playoff history' (and the Seahawks did much more to earn it than Arizona). Both opened the playoffs with a close win over a team with a better record that had to travel to their field (and the Seahawks did it over a reigning champion). NFCW Seattle may be traveling to play the NFCS champ next week just like NFCW Arizona did in 2008 (and we know how that one ended).

So yeah, I want Philly to win today and be a victim at Soldier Field next week.

But I sure wouldn't sleep on Seattle.

I was at the scene of the crime in AZ and no way should we overlook Seattle. Their running game has looked better but i think we can handle them if Philly wins. I like the Falcons chances right now.

I was at the scene of the crime in AZ and no way should we overlook Seattle. Their running game has looked better but i think we can handle them if Philly wins. I like the Falcons chances right now.

I was at the scene, too. Sixty-thousand Cardinals band-wagoners with those friggin white give-away towels drove me nuts. I still have mine and use it to clean my shoes.

Not really. The Seahawks turned it up and dominated the game. They got too conservative, and let the Saints come back. Let's be real. Hasselback threw an INT on a tipped ball, had numerous drops, and 4 TD's. The Saints got totally beat up. The Cardinals played a lot of teams that beat themselves with plays like 3 and 16. Then, they went to the Super Bowl and beat themselves.