I thought Hasslebeck was funny in his interview...

thanat0s

They asked him on NBC about who he wanted to play next, prefacing it by saying that he would no doubt be politically correct in his answer. He said, " actually, I do have a preference. Since we can possibly get another home game if we play Chicgao, I'd rather play them."

Gotta love that. He's paying attention to what's going on. :lol:

how would they get a home game if the bears were a high seed?

If Packers beat Eagles then we play GB. Then Seattle would travel to CHI. Pack could knock us out & they could knock CHI out. That leave them the 4 seed left with the 6 seed. They would then be host of the NFCCG. That's the only scenario that they have to be host because if the Eagles beat the Packers, that would leave the Eagles (3 seed) going to CHI (2 seed). No way they could be host then.

If Packers beat Eagles then we play GB. Then Seattle would travel to CHI. Pack could knock us out & they could knock CHI out. That leave them the 4 seed left with the 6 seed. They would then be host of the NFCCG. That's the only scenario that they have to be host because if the Eagles beat the Packers, that would leave the Eagles (3 seed) going to CHI (2 seed). No way they could be host then.

Yep. If they win, and we lose, they get the NFCCG at home in that scenario. I thought it was pretty funny. They thought he was just going to say he was glad to be alive and it didn't really matter who they play.

Yep. If they win, and we lose, they get the NFCCG at home in that scenario. I thought it was pretty funny. They thought he was just going to say he was glad to be alive and it didn't really matter who they play.

It's still a fairly PC answer, though, given his rationale. He wasn't talking smack. Everyone wants to play at home whenever possible. Good answer, though.