Peter Schrager shows no love to Peter

Zodiac

McCoy has 3 Sacks and 28 Tackles(22 Solo)

Peters has 1 Sack and 33 tackles (25 Solo)

While McCoy has more sacks, he was expected to be a major force and so far hasn't produced to that level, Peters is playing in a rotational role and compiled more tackles than him, Peters was also graded a 5th round pick, we drafted him in the 3rd round and many said it was a horrible pick, so far a 3rd round pick is performing just as well as the #3 Pick in the draft.

Imho, Schrager should've put Peters on this list.

He also said that Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas are Ailing? more like on IR. lol.

Edited by Zodiac

I'd rather have McCoy over Peters tbh...

We already have a McCoy like guy in Babs, Peters is the big run stuffer on our D. The fact is a guy who was graded a 5th round pick had as good as a season as the #3 overall pick, when Peters was playing in a rotational role. Honestly I'd take Peters.

Peters is not a run stuffer, he's worse against the run than the pass. I'd choose McCoy all day, without a shadow of a doubt. He fits our 1-gap scheme much better than Peters.

Peters is in on 1st and 2nd Down, IE running downs they put in Jerry on 3rd. So I would say Peters is more or less a Run stuff on the defense. Not to mention McCoy is already expierencing injury problems (Tore his Left Bicep). IMo Peters has been as good as McCoy this year, and Peters has been playing in a rotational role, has worked his way up to a starter where as he was drafted as depth.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I think every team will eventually be rotating defensive linemen on a regular basis just like we do. Kinda like now every team has one than one major back to keep them fresh. Did Mike Smith do the same when he was in Jacksonville with his defense? Or did he start doing that with the Falcons? Also does anyone else rotate there d line like we do?

McCoy is Better, but Peters is definetly perfroming at an unexpected level.

I think with the amount of snaps he is getting, he is performing where he should. (he is a 3rd rnd pick not a 6th)

Speaking of 6th, he is performing kind of similar to Trey Lewis as a rookie.

He plays 2/3 of the defensive snaps, so he should have those numbers at least.

I do think his play is better than the stats tho, and am happy he is here.