Tony G talks about fans cheering for Vick last season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Tony said that, maybe a Falcon has stated he felt that way before about it but it's something thats inexcusable for fans to do, we got season tickets because of Vick, but we kept our season tickets because of the fact we have a true winner in Matt Ryan.

For people to cheer for Vick as an eagle is pathetic, but like a lot of these fans would argue for vick we know they are pathetic.

I still wonder what the team did to make Vick the victim in all of this. Even if you have the biggest man-crush in history for him, you have to know that he screwed up and not the Falcons.

I guess the brass should have kept him under the largest NFL contract in history for two years while he was making license plates to show how much they love him.

In my 29 years as a Falcon fan, I don't think I've ever been as mad as I was that day. I completely understand the impact Vick had on this city, good and bad. I don't blame the people that want to root for Vick, but only when it's not directly related the the falcons. The Falcons team/organization come before any one player. Luckily, I wasn't at that game or else I probably would have gotten into a physical altercation.

Hopefully, if we face the Eagles in the playoffs the fans root for the Falcons, and the Falcons only.

You could tell he didn't like the "fans" cheering for Vick. He didn't understand it. I don't blame him. I wish someone would tell him that they are not team fans, they are person fans.

The sad fact is, they know that and they don't care.

Thats the only reason I don't want Philly to come here.

I'm sure we could beat them

There is nothing worse at a game than an obnoxious rival fan, especially one thats a STH for your own team

I still wonder what the team did to make Vick the victim in all of this. Even if you have the biggest man-crush in history for him, you have to know that he screwed up and not the Falcons.

I guess the brass should have kept him under the largest NFL contract in history for two years while he was making license plates to show how much they love him.

That is the one thing that baffles me. Some people are like, "The Falcons did Vick wrong!" WTF?

The sad fact is, they know that and they don't care.

Thats the only reason I don't want Philly to come here.

I'm sure we could beat them

There is nothing worse at a game than an obnoxious rival fan, especially one thats a STH for your own team

The Falcons didn't do **** wrong to Vick. **** anyone who think they did.

Vick did more damage to this franchise as any player in our history. I think more should be said nationally about the negative impact he had on our team. Luckily, because of Vick's pathetic actions and lies were in a much better place now.

There was that one article about how the Falcons as a team have come a lot farther than Vick has. Those are the kind of stories we should be seeing.

Vick did more damage to this franchise as any player in our history. I think more should be said nationally about the negative impact he had on our team. Luckily, because of Vick's pathetic actions and lies were in a much better place now.

The fact that we bounced back so quickly makes us unsympathetic to the media. They'd love us if we were mired in a bunch of 3-13 seasons as a result of the bum's actions. I guess Smitty and TD didn't get the memo, so love us or hate us, Rise Up, Falcons!

If I was a Falcons player and heard the Falcons fans cheer another team I wouldn't like it much either...Vick broke the law, he knew he broke the law, he lied about it....Why is he a hero? I am with Tony G on this.

I love the Falcons, more than any player or coach that played here or that plays here.

The fact that we bounced back so quickly makes us unsympathetic to the media. They'd love us if we were mired in a bunch of 3-13 seasons as a result of the bum's actions. I guess Smitty and TD didn't get the memo, so love us or hate us, Rise Up, Falcons!

The way we were able to bounce back shows how solid of an organization we really are. Most teams in that situation would buckle, and take years to recover. At the end of the day, Vick's actions made this organization stronger, and wiser. We now have years of solid football to look forward to thanks to Vick's selfishness.

So is Warrick Dunn. Only a few cheered him when he returned as a Buc. So few of the jersey sales were of Dunn.

Starts with being black. Then it escalates with position, salary, and popularity.

Warrick is the complete opposite of Vick in so many ways it's not even funny. No need to rally behind Dunn either.

Speaking of that: This Article

ATLANTA -- The head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP said Wednesday Michael Vick is not guilty of dogfighting charges.

Dr. R.L. White of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People said at a news conference that he believes someone was out to get Vick.

Lawyers for the Falcons quarterback said Monday that Vick will plead guilty to the dogfighting charges next Monday.

White questioned the motives of the three co-defendants who accepted plea deals and presumably would have testified against Vick.

He added that his organization condemns dogfighting, but added that he didn't understand the uproar over dogfighting when hunting deer and others animals is legal.

The way we were able to bounce back shows how solid of an organization we really are. Most teams in that situation would buckle, and take years to recover. At the end of the day, Vick's actions made this organization stronger, and wiser. We now have years of solid football to look forward to thanks to Vick's selfishness.

I submit that we were NOT a solid organization until the dominoes started falling after Mr. Blank hired TD. But, you're right. My optimism is grounded in the fact that we should be very good for a long time and under the old regime, with the old QB, we would have been settling for fantastic highlights in losing efforts.

I have never seen a Phoenix, but I have to believe it looks a whole lot like a Falcon.

I have had people tell me that Blank could've bought the case for Vick. That is why Vick has a chip on his shoulder. ****, with the contract Blank gave Vick...He should've been able to buy his own case.

If Plax goes to another team when he is released, will every Giants v Whoever game be viewed by Plax fans as a getback game? Or is this just an Atlanta thing? If anyone got screwed, its that guy (not by the Giants, but the system). Why a guy who accidently shoots himself in the leg can't get work release is beyond me.

When the rumors surfaced about the Falcons interest in acquiring Tony and his supposed non - interest in joining Atl due to their "rebuilding status", I was quite peeved at him. The more I hear him speak and the way he has contributed to this team, I'm quite pleased with him. Just feel bad for him that he had to witness such a debacle.

I have had people tell me that Blank could've bought the case for Vick. That is why Vick has a chip on his shoulder. ****, with the contract Blank gave Vick...He should've been able to buy his own case.

If Plax goes to another team when he is released, will every Giants v Whoever game be viewed by Plax fans as a getback game? Or is this just an Atlanta thing? If anyone got screwed, its that guy (not by the Giants, but the system). Why a guy who accidently shoots himself in the leg can't get work release is beyond me.

See, now it's BS thinking like that that has me shaking my head at some people. Blank owes Vick absolutely nothing, except a pat on the back. And he's done that many times over and then some.

If I were at the Dome that night when Ookie came back, I know me. I would have gotten on anyone cheering Vick. I would have gotten into trouble. And I'm a nice guy. I guess stupid people brings out the worst in me.