US Army All American Game Saturday at 1PM Est Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And one other note, the class of 2006 that just graduated from Georgia included 28 signees. Kudos to Richt for doing it the right way.

The fact is that Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn all suffer attrition -- when players get in trouble or do not get the playing time they think they deserve, they are on their way out. That opens scholarships up for other players.

actually in that breakdown of bowl games and who oversigns and who didn't uga has the 2nd lease amount of players signed in the past 4 to 5 years.. the one with the lease amount i believe was vanderbilt.. the differences between auburn and uga and alabama was pretty big. i posted the article on this board with the breakdowns.

actually in that breakdown of bowl games and who oversigns and who didn't uga has the 2nd lease amount of players signed in the past 4 to 5 years.. the one with the lease amount i believe was vanderbilt.. the differences between auburn and uga and alabama was pretty big. i posted the article on this board with the breakdowns.

Just pointing out that even Richt goes over the 25 on occasion.

How do you feel on Drew? Do you think he's quick enough to play OLB? I know thats an old topic, but I'm asking because I heard that the other DE's on the roster were more athletic than Drew.

well drew will be a dawg.. i haven't been quiet on that. he is capable of play olb early and could move to de later.. the other des are pretty terrific as well he is playing with.. he showed me a lot with his play today and he did a very good job on special tams as well.

Can't say I was all that impressed with Ray Drew in this game, but that doesn't really mean anything... it's basically the Pro Bowl of high school.

Swann and Moore on the other hand really REALLY look like the type of DBs we need. Both look really instinctive in coverage. I think Moore is gonna be a beast. Really excited to see a safety tandem of Alec Ogletree and Corey Moore. DANG!

townsends commitment was the most ackward i have seen.. LOL he thanked everyone and then picked clemson after telling them he was picking south carolina.. gamecock fans got jobbed.

Yeah man if I was a Gamecock fan I would be upset with that... just fuels that hate toward Clemson even more.

Can't say I was all that impressed with Ray Drew in this game, but that doesn't really mean anything... it's basically the Pro Bowl of high school.

Swann and Moore on the other hand really REALLY look like the type of DBs we need. Both look really instinctive in coverage. I think Moore is gonna be a beast. Really excited to see a safety tandem of Alec Ogletree and Corey Moore. DANG!

well he had 3 sacks and multiple special team's tackles.. not sure what else he could do to impress you.. :P

well he had 3 sacks and multiple special team's tackles.. not sure what else he could do to impress you.. :P

I mean in the way he plays... I was expecting more athleticism. I know this game isn't full speed or all that hard played, but I'm not seeing the great OLB potential in him there... he looks way more suited to playing with his hand in the dirt.

But like I said... this game doesn't mean all that much or show much potential. He could work out great at OLB.

I mean in the way he plays... I was expecting more athleticism. I know this game isn't full speed or all that hard played, but I'm not seeing the great OLB potential in him there... he looks way more suited to playing with his hand in the dirt.

But like I said... this game doesn't mean all that much or show much potential. He could work out great at OLB.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. He has the frame to weigh 290, and hopefully still keep his athleticism. He could be a penetrating 3-4 end for us...

While the OLB's are the sexy players, we already have some guys who are perfect for that position, Stripling and Jarvis Jones headlining them. Burrows has a ton of athleticism as well. And next year has an absolute load of rush lb types-Jenkins/Floyd/etc.