Roddy Says He'd Rather Face Seahawks

Almost to a man, the Atlanta Falcons insist they don't care who they play in the next round of the playoffs.

Leave it to Roddy White to say what most of them are probably thinking.

The outspoken Pro Bowl wide receiver made it clear he'd like to play the Seahawks next weekend -- not surprising, given Seattle (7-9) is the first losing team to win its division.

"You really don't want to play a really consistent quarterback or anything like that," White told reporters. "Does that answer your question?"

Indeed it does. Rule out the Green Bay Packers, who have Aaron Rodgers, and the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, led by Pro Bowl pick Drew Brees. The Seahawks' signal-caller is Matt Hasselbeck, who has thrown 17 interceptions and 12 touchdown passes -- and might be on the way out in Seattle.

The top-seeded Falcons (13-3) have a bye this weekend and will face the Packers if they win their opening-round game at Philadelphia. If the Eagles win, Atlanta draws the winner of the New Orleans-Seattle game.

At least one other Falcons player is pulling for the Seahawks, but that's because of family ties. Defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux's brother, Jordan, plays for Seattle.

Three weeks ago, the brothers faced each other during the regular season. Jonathan scored on a fumble recovery, Jordan made an interception, and their mother cheered them both wearing a half Falcons-half Seahawks jersey. Atlanta won 34-18.

For more on the Atlanta Falcons, check out the latest from our bloggers.

The Falcons also played the Saints and Packers this season, with much closer results.

Atlanta pulled out a 27-24 overtime victory over New Orleans in the first month of the season, then lost the return match against its division rival 17-14 at the Georgia Dome two weeks ago -- the Falcons' only home loss. Atlanta topped Green Bay 20-17 in another thriller, winning on a field goal with 9 seconds remaining.

-------------------------------

It seems Roddy has gotten to the point where the NFL media will take everything he says and blow it up. I really didn't want that to ever happen but the Twitter war has caused the media to latch on to any little thing he says now

"The outspoken Pro Bowl wide receiver made it clear he'd like to play the Seahawks next weekend"

"You really don't want to play a really consistent quarterback or anything like that,"

Call me blind, but I don't see the word "seahawks" in his quote anywhere... Everything he says now gets blown out of proportion.

in other breaking news, water is wet.

who wouldn't want to play that team above all the others? they have a losing record. don't hate because he's being honest. tony gonzalez was on espn radio going on about how the eagles have seemed to be a matchup nightmare and they have our number. his take on last year's vick game was interesting as well.

they ask. guys respond honestly. i'd rather them just smile and give the political answer, but i don't care if they're honest. in the end, it won't matter.

And I do hope that Roddy goes back to looking like the Roddy in the first half of the season. He hasn't had a great game in 7 or 8 weeks.

He has backed off using Twitter, but please shut up Roddy

Yea, that tends to happen when defenses begin to focus more attention on you.

I honestly dont see how people are mad over this? He didn't really say anything, they just made a story out of nothing basically. Some of you guys are overreacting. And to people saying Roddy hasnt had a good game in a while, you do know he has been playing with that injury right? Riiighhht. Calm down

I think Roddy was making a general statement for any team playing in the playoffs. You would rather play a team without a consistent QB than one that has one.

agree. blown out of proportion. **** id rather play the seahawks also. they are 7-9 and we molly whooped them the first time. id rather not play a team with a consistent quarterback, and im sure if you asked the same question to any1, they would agree. it doesnt mean he doesnt want to face the other teams, but that he would prefer the crappy seahawks.

Yea, that tends to happen when defenses begin to focus more attention on you.

Defenses focused on him in the beginning of the season and the past couple of years. He didn't just get noticed by other teams, they've doubled him for a few years. The difference is he made all of the tough catches and got open more in the first half of the season, maybe it's the knee

Defenses focused on him in the beginning of the season and the past couple of years. He didn't just get noticed by other teams, they've doubled him for a few years. The difference is he made all of the tough catches and got open more in the first half of the season, maybe it's the knee

Maybe you should watch the game winning drive against the Bucs again. Roddy was a big part with a heck of a catch at the sideline. First of all everybody was saying only a stats guy...Now he did not have spectacular stats, but he made elite catches....Now he is not focused enough.

By the way.He was the only one, who made a TD against the Saints at monday night.

You said last seven eight games......Baltimore was not one of the seven or eight last games? clutch game winning catch and 112 yards(!)

If you expect really from White, that he has a Bengals-performance every week...Then I have to dissapoint you. Noobody can do this week in and week out. That was a fantastic performance and perhaps even the best performance from any WR in this regular season.

Roddy White should not be focused for critic. Really not!

I mean, who wouldn't want to face the Seahawks? lol

Of course....even on the road. But I have a littlebit feeling, that the game Seahakws/NO will much more closer than everybody wants to tell us.

Some showers could come from heaven or will come. Noise....Some Seahwakws defenders will be allowed to go offside without a flag(you are remember.....:( )

It will be much more closer. But I take the Seahawks on the road. It would be a dream!

Edited by obmann