Saints fans take on Mike Mularky

whodatfeva

If I ignore your backhanded gibe at Ryan, all I get is that Payton should dumb down the stains offense for Brees so he will quit throwing so many exceptions.

Without any semblance of a running game even dumbing down the aints offense won't help that sinking ship. They have too many injuries to advance in the Playoffs

In no way was I trying to bad talk Matt Ryan, I was trying to give credit to your OC. Like I said, I applaud Mularky for not adopting the pass pass pass offense and keeping a offense that a young QB can be successful in.

The "dumbing down" the offense statement is completely off mark also. Matt Ryan is a good QB, but he is still a young QB. It wouldn't be fair to ask him to run a complex offense like Peyton Manning does.

I can appreciate the praise for both Matt Ryan and MM, but that's all you should ever bring up if you wanted to give praise.

Everything you've said is basically the equivalent to a person calling another person a racist remark but adding "But you're one of the good ones!" to make it sound like a praise.

In no way was I trying to bad talk Matt Ryan, I was trying to give credit to your OC. Like I said, I applaud Mularky for not adopting the pass pass pass offense and keeping a offense that a young QB can be successful in.

The "dumbing down" the offense statement is completely off mark also. Matt Ryan is a good QB, but he is still a young QB. It wouldn't be fair to ask him to run a complex offense like Peyton Manning does.

I get what you are saying.

Lot's of angst here after dealing with Saint's trolls lately.

Matt's a fairly smart QB. In his first season you could see game to game how he was progressing with reads, and recognizing what teams were throwing at him. A story is told that when the Falcs were interviewing him pre-draft they had Mularkey draw plays on a board and have Ryan run through the progressions ... Mularkey left the meeting convinced we had to draft Matty.

This year he seems to be at full speed with the playbook. We didn't do it much on MNF, but in many games Matt runs the O and makes most of his own calls for extended periods of the game. Many of us here believe he does a better job of it than our OC does from a play-calling aspect LOL.

Good luck in Seattle.

Edited by Geneaut

Matt Ryans INT's were more a product of trying to do too much without ANY talent around him to help. It wasn't because he couldnt read defenses, or made bad decisions with the ball.

I liked Ryan since his Jr. year when he ran that team w/ a broken foot. Showed me his toughness and passion, and I was hooked. I remember going into his Sr. season he was a round 2-3 grade and I was mentioning his name for guys we should look at.

SO true. if you go back and look at the film on his senior season over half of the picks he threw were balls that were tipped by his wideouts. they were well thrown balls. its just to show that numbers can often lie. stats are a good mark of how good someone is in most cases however they can often be misread.

Guest AtlWhite84

Don't understand why this dude is getting negs. He's not trying to start anything he's just giving his opinion on things from an outside perspective.

Don't mind them Whodatfeva, next to yours, the Falcons fanbase is the dumbest in the NFL and completely prone to overreaction and hyperbole based on ANY SLIGHT HINT of something that could even be conceived to be a negative or non pom-pom shaking comment.

You have more knowledge than about 80% of this message board. Don't start feeling good about yourself though, because that's like saying you're the smartest ****** in Special Ed.

Don't understand why this dude is getting negs. He's not trying to start anything he's just giving his opinion on things from an outside perspective.

Don't mind them Whodatfeva, next to yours, the Falcons fanbase is the dumbest in the NFL and completely prone to overreaction and hyperbole based on ANY SLIGHT HINT of something that could even be conceived to be a negative or non pom-pom shaking comment.

You have more knowledge than about 80% of this message board. Don't start feeling good about yourself though, because that's like saying you're the smartest ****** in Special Ed.

The other 20% of us thank you for your support. Carry on.

Guest AtlWhite84

The other 20% of us thank you for your support. Carry on.

Well the other 20% of you didn't freak out about this thread.

The other 20% of you probably read this thread and thought "Wow, that is shocking, a Saints fan who can actually formulate real English words."

He didn't come here to talk crap, he didn't come here with the intent to stir anything up, he came here to give an educated opinion based on what he's seen by watching the Falcons for the last 3 years.

Then the 80%ers saw it and jumped in here and negged the guy for being capable of expressing his thought process in a more intelligent manner than they could. In typical Atlanta Falcons fan fashion, a handful of people ran in here, saw something that didn't say "The Atlanta Falcons are God's gift to the entire planet" and reacted accordingly.

Sad day when a crawdad can come on this board and can be more intelligent than the fans here.