Fran Tarkenton on the 680 The FAN

TroubleDawg

I just found myself thinking what a babbling idiot. What has he ever done as a coach to allow him to talk about coaching. Did he know how involved Evans was and what duties he was not doing and dumping on CMR. Mcgarity has taken duties off CMR and he says he has more time to dedicate. Richt never said he was not studying he just said he now had more time. He said having no running game should not have been a problem for a QB like Murray. So he thinks a freshman QB should be able to come in and light up the sky in the SEC. Any QB's best friend is a running game just look at Manning this year his worst games were with no running game RB come back healthy they start running 100+ per game and he suddenly stops throwing int's. He raved about Fla for hiring Muschamp with new blood and fire maybe so but he has proven nothing so that is an opinion then he raved about Weiss as the great offensive mind....what he was fired at ND and did ok with his offense but it was not dominate.

I do tend to agree that our SC needed work and he probably does have the contacts to know what people said about us.

Maybe he was 100% correct but I do not think he was on cue and they way he ran off at the mouth just sounded like he was babbling old man. Also like I said while he was a good player that doesn't mean he knows what it takes to coach

fran is a bitter old man. he has to be over the top so anyone even listens to him.. he doesn't like cmr and he hasn't the entire time cmr has been in athens. his personal attacks on cmr shows the guy has an ax to grind. chuck dowdle did a very good job addressing fran and his bitter tirade. i agree with kj he has a screw loose.

He definitely has something against Richt and some of his comments come off as being very divisive.

But that being said, he makes and expands on some very good points that are awfully hard to disagree with. Some of the stuff he says is just hostility though.

I dont think i agreed with EVERYTHING he said but he does have some very good points.. I never been one to bash Richt and I'm not a Richt hater but there needs to be changes and there needs to be results.

I love Richt, but this coming season is going to be the last straw if its like these past 3 years

I love Richt, but this coming season is going to be the last straw if its like these past 3 years

Ronaldo, there is no doubt this is a make or break season, but I think everyone knows that so I just wish we could stop beating to death an obvious point and start supporting our coach getting it turned around. I hate that Richt has been slow to make changes and that has gotten him in this position. He has taken kind of an old school, cautious approach to nKing changes and that just doesn't work in this day and age. BUT MY POINT IS we all see that now. I hope he has an amazing season and saves his job because he is a 100% class act. He gave Willie and Co. ample opportunity to fix there issues and now we are giving him that same opportunity. I'll stop now cause I hate reading long post. I appreciate everyone's pint of view on this board. Great stuff!

I dont think i agreed with EVERYTHING he said but he does have some very good points.. I never been one to bash Richt and I'm not a Richt hater but there needs to be changes and there needs to be results.

Absolutely... I think you'll be hard pressed to find too many people firmly supporting Richt if we just meander through 2011.

I still firmly believe Richt can get this team back on track to being consistently relevant and I haven't been shy about arguing my points. As poor as this season turned out to be, even slight improvements in what we see on the field will net us several more wins. As it is we were very very close to winning many of the games we lost. It doesn't excuse this horrible season, but with the S&C changes and stressed sense of urgency I do believe there is plenty to be cautiously optimistic about.

I don't agree with Fran at all that this program looks like it's in big time trouble on the field. I will not argue against this being a relevant view, because there is certainly cause for negativity around this program... but in my opinion the changes being made in S&C and administratively and that whole "transition year" on defense being out of the way is going to net immediate results. And I think those are very realistic reasons to expect a better product on the field.

Ronaldo, there is no doubt this is a make or break season, but I think everyone knows that so I just wish we could stop beating to death an obvious point and start supporting our coach getting it turned around. I hate that Richt has been slow to make changes and that has gotten him in this position. He has taken kind of an old school, cautious approach to nKing changes and that just doesn't work in this day and age. BUT MY POINT IS we all see that now. I hope he has an amazing season and saves his job because he is a 100% class act. He gave Willie and Co. ample opportunity to fix there issues and now we are giving him that same opportunity. I'll stop now cause I hate reading long post. I appreciate everyone's pint of view on this board. Great stuff!

Agreed. I know we are kinda beating a dead horse talking about this... I have hope for the coming season and thats all you can ask for

Fran's always been a little nutty...but WOW! Was he not telling the truth in that one? Especially with the S & C stuff...."they said they ranked DEAD LAST!"

:(

The time for excuse making passed a long time ago.

Exactly! No more excuses.....no more talk. It's time for results.

well said. Don't see why some are bashing Fran. He made some great points & I think he's just very frustrated like many fans, on UGA under performing. There's no excuse when we are in a talent rich state.

Absolutely... I think you'll be hard pressed to find too many people firmly supporting Richt if we just meander through 2011.

I still firmly believe Richt can get this team back on track to being consistently relevant and I haven't been shy about arguing my points. As poor as this season turned out to be, even slight improvements in what we see on the field will net us several more wins. As it is we were very very close to winning many of the games we lost. It doesn't excuse this horrible season, but with the S&C changes and stressed sense of urgency I do believe there is plenty to be cautiously optimistic about.

I don't agree with Fran at all that this program looks like it's in big time trouble on the field. I will not argue against this being a relevant view, because there is certainly cause for negativity around this program... but in my opinion the changes being made in S&C and administratively and that whole "transition year" on defense being out of the way is going to net immediate results. And I think those are very realistic reasons to expect a better product on the field.

Very good points and I'm happy he's making these much needed and long overdue changes. Hope it works, cause I dont want to go through a complete rebuild. But if we must, then so be it.

I just found myself thinking what a babbling idiot. What has he ever done as a coach to allow him to talk about coaching. Did he know how involved Evans was and what duties he was not doing and dumping on CMR. Mcgarity has taken duties off CMR and he says he has more time to dedicate. Richt never said he was not studying he just said he now had more time. He said having no running game should not have been a problem for a QB like Murray. So he thinks a freshman QB should be able to come in and light up the sky in the SEC. Any QB's best friend is a running game just look at Manning this year his worst games were with no running game RB come back healthy they start running 100+ per game and he suddenly stops throwing int's. He raved about Fla for hiring Muschamp with new blood and fire maybe so but he has proven nothing so that is an opinion then he raved about Weiss as the great offensive mind....what he was fired at ND and did ok with his offense but it was not dominate.

I do tend to agree that our SC needed work and he probably does have the contacts to know what people said about us.

Maybe he was 100% correct but I do not think he was on cue and they way he ran off at the mouth just sounded like he was babbling old man. Also like I said while he was a good player that doesn't mean he knows what it takes to coach

fran is a tool period.. fran wants attention because no one cares about him so he believes he needs to be over the top (he sounded like he had a few drinks already before that interview) to get the attention he craves. he has no basis to bring up cmr's religion.. anyone who has a clue knows fran hates cmr and has since he has been in athens.. he didn't say jack about cmr's religion when we were winning sec titles. any true dawg knows right now is not the time to go on a hating tirade of our head coach.. only a selfish punk like fran is believes during the recruiting period it's a good time to go off on his tirade so people talk about him. our fans especially ex-greats need to face it cmr is going to be coaching uga next season and anyone with any intelligence knows they should be supportive of our program and mark richt at this point of the recruiting cycle. you want to be heard save your outbursts when it doesn't hurt the program you claim to love.

Fran is a great Litmus test for Dog fans. If you find yourself "agreeing with everything he says", then you are the Lunatic Fringe.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Given the current mood of the Bulldawg nation, the Richt supporters may soon find themselves in the minority and being classified as "Lunatic Fringe".

Just keep in mind if Richt has one more bad year, a lot of you richt supporters will be singing a new tune and people like me who have accepted that Richt isn't going to turn this thing around, will be seen in quite a different light.

I hope Richt proves me wrong. I like him as a person and want him to succeed. I just don't see it happening.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Given the current mood of the Bulldawg nation, the Richt supporters may soon find themselves in the minority and being classified as "Lunatic Fringe".

Just keep in mind if Richt has one more bad year, a lot of you richt supporters will be singing a new tune and people like me who have accepted that Richt isn't going to turn this thing around, will be seen in quite a different light.

I hope Richt proves me wrong. I like him as a person and want him to succeed. I just don't see it happening.

if cmr has one more bad year he will be not be our coach, but save the attacks of our head coach and program for next offseason. there is not one positive thing that can come from trashing cmr and our program during this time of year (referring to guys like fran) when we all know there will not be a change this offseason. this is the time to get behind our players, coaches, and program hoping they can turn it around and we can have a successful season.

if cmr has one more bad year he will be not be our coach, but save the attacks of our head coach and program for next offseason. there is not one positive thing that can come from trashing cmr and our program during this time of year (referring to guys like fran) when we all know there will not be a change this offseason. this is the time to get behind our players, coaches, and program hoping they can turn it around and we can have a successful season.

I mean, they asked him his opinion on the topic. What did you want him to do? Lie. Sure, he could have toned it down a bit, but a lot of the things he said are very very good points.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't ask to be on the show just so he could bash Richt and co. He's just sharing his opinion. His just happens to be one you guys don't agree with nor want to hear.

I have been as critical as anyone about Richt's job performance over the last 3 seasons, but I don't think that his religious beliefs have anything to do with it. Tarkenton was correct about many things, but making issue about Richt's religious beliefs was wrong.

Richt got away from what was working from 2002-2005. His religion has nothing to do with it.

I think in his mind the reason why Richt hasn't been fired is because of his personal image which has a lot to do with him being very religious. What he is trying to say is, if he wasn't so likeable, because he is a devout christian, he would have been fired.

He is trying to remind all the fans that can't see past his strong christian beliefs (which is very important to me) that is #1 priority should be to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. He is saying a lot of people want to keep him around for his character, as opposed to his ability to coach. Which may or may not be the case.

Let me ask you guys this. If Richt was an jerk atheist, do you think he would still have a job? Fran thinks no.