7 of 10 SI Football Experts pick the Falcons as.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/01/06/super-bowl-xlv-predictions/index.html?eref=sihp

10 of their NFL writers pick the winners of each game in each conference for the whole playoffs. Two pick the Falcons to make it to the SB and then lose to NE. Six of them pick GB to beat Atl in Rd2; one picks NO to beat Atl in Rd2 and one picks NO to beat ATl in the NFCCG.

Note: one of the writers that picked us to go to the SB, mistakingly picked us to beat NO in Rd2 because he also picked GB to beat Chi in that round. That can't happen - if both NO and GB win this weekend then we're playing GB.

But 7 of 10 think we're one and done? Good, it'll be fun watching them eat crow.

We're just not a sexy pick. It means nothing.

Most of these guys are still trying to justify their preseason picks anyway.

Yep. But Vegas' oddsmakers like us as the NFC favorite to win the SB. ;)

Screw the writers. They are not experts on any aspect of the game, witnessed by the draft, pre-season prognostications and this cra*.

Edited by Tim Mazetti

Yep. But Vegas' oddsmakers like us as the NFC favorite to win the SB. ;)

Screw the writers. They are not experts on any aspect of the game, witnessed by the draft, pre-season prognostications and this cra*.

They like people to place bets on the fact that the Falcons make it far, that doesn't mean they think we're going to win necessarily.

Well how do you think Eagles fans feel?

9 out of the 10 are picking them to beat the Eagles.

They aren't even going to do that, so the SI prognostications will be blown up rather quickly.

Everyone is on GB all of a sudden. *shrugs

Personally, I love it when they all pretty much pick against us.

Also interesting that 8 of 10 have the Pats winning it all...and all 10 have the AFC winning it.

All I'm saying is it makes me feel better b/c the experts are so often wrong during this time of the season.

Like most had the Colts winning last year (or the Vikes before that).

Like everyone under the sun had the Pats winning in '07.

Nobody had the Colts winning when the playoffs started in '06 with their run D.

and so on and so on...

Well how do you think Eagles fans feel?

9 out of the 10 are picking them to beat the Eagles.

They aren't even going to do that, so the SI prognostications will be blown up rather quickly.

If the Eagles beat the Packers watch all these media heads start riding the Eagles jock. The media is so fickle. They love the flavor of the week.

The reason that so many people are on GB is that all of these guys were on GB at the beginning of the year, and since they still have a chance to be right, they don't want to change their pick.

I think it was NFL.com that had all 7 of their experts pick GB as Super Bowl Champions at the beginning of the year.

If the Eagles beat the Packers watch all these media heads start riding the Eagles jock. The media is so fickle. They love the flavor of the week.

Agreed. If Vick and the Eagles beat the Packers, the media will declare Vick the second coming of Joe Montana and the Eagles win the Super Bowl talk will start.

I honestly do not see what is so great about Green Bay. I mean yes, they have Aaron Rodgers, but they have no running game. They barely got into the playoffs by beating Chicago, and yes they destroyed a Giants defense that had given up 21 points to the Eagles with less than 8mins left in the game a week prior.

I am not trying to lay disrespect on Green Bay because I think they are a good team. I just don't understand why they are getting all this hype, when I honestly do not believe they will beat the Eagles.

They like people to place bets on the fact that the Falcons make it far, that doesn't mean they think we're going to win necessarily.

I don't understand that. I am thinking that given that the odds are better for the Falcons (4-1) than the other NFC teams (8-1 and over) that they are protecting themselves. Of course things will be changing as the games progress.

In addition, the Falcons are 2-1 favs to win the NFCS and the odds are 4-1 and greater for the others. Seems like the odds-makers are protecting themselves. Do you have another take?

Look at how they pick now, and when they picked before the season started.

Numbers represent how these guys picked teams to finish.

Peter King:

Preseason - 1) GB 2) SD...8) CAR...14) NE...16) ATL

Playoffs - GB vs. NE

Don Banks

Preseason - 1) NYJ...5) GB 6) SD 7) MIN 8) DAL 9) ATL 10) NE

Playoffs - GB vs. NE

Actually, I won't keep going on that. I think you get the picture.

Please look at these two links:

Preseason Predictions

Playoff Predictions

Same guys in both links. Notice anything similar? Except for ONE GUY, Dominic Bonvissuto, who picked DAL vs. NYJ in the preseason (changed it to Saints vs. Steelers), EVERYONE picked Green Bay to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl in the preseaon.

Know what I think? Stubborn pride is stopping most of them from picking a different team. Bragging rights of picking the preseason winner brings a lot more reward than the risk of changing your mind and being wrong.