Jose Valdez OG practice squad

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I remember this guy from pre-season. He stood out to me and thought he might make the team. Do you guys think he will make the team with all the free agents on our offensive line next year for at least a back up. Does anyone have any thing they know about him or heard anyone on the Falcons organization mention anything about this kid. I no Clabo and Dahl were in drafted free agents and look were they are now. I just got a feeling this kid might turn out to be something special. I can see him being a 2nd string guy for sure next year.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Man, no replies. :( I figured somebody might have heard or no something about the kid. At least have an opinion. I mean I am not sure what he did exactly in preseason, I know that sounds crazy, but he just stood out to me. A lot of smart guys on this board so I know someones got some kind of info. on this guy.

Come on guys give me the 411 ;)

Some may think im crazy but i think Jose Valdez can start at RT... Dude is really athletic with great feet,finishes plays after the whistle, a strong punch (he has gotten stronger) , and and very smart...

We just stashed him on the PS ... He has a future with this team rather its a backup (most likely) or a future starter) .

I think it is possible we let both Dahl and Blalock and bring in Johnson and Valdez. It would suck be we have leverage in case they want to play hard. I doubt they will but just a thought

Yea.. I dont see both leaving.... But yea in the preseason Jose Valdez played RT and Garrett Reynolds was playing RG

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Yeah, he just stood out to me. But preseason was a long time ago. He played tackle. So he can play guard or tackle, thats a bonus for a back up. Blocking for Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis in college was not a small task. So if he made it to play tackle is he more just a right tacle are do you feel maybe he could play left tackle? Either way when I was watching pre season he stood out. I will be watching him closely this year in preseason if there is one, along with Michael Plamer to see what they can do with a year of experience behind them.