Michael Palmer TE of Falcons future

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

He is on the roster and learning from the best tight end to ever play the game. They both have same kinda build and are both athletic, as far as both played basketball and football in college. I do not know much about him. He made the team and was a un drafted free agent. Maybe the front office sees something in him. He is only 21 years old. Could he be our successor at tight end no one talks about.

Like I said just thinking :huh: but does anyone know anything about him or any interesting comments about him.

I think it's too early to be talking about him filling Tony G's role, but I'm optimistic about Michael Palmer. I think he'll be on the roster for a few more seasons, but I haven't seen anything from him to think that he could eventually be Matt's go-to guy.

Most likely scenario that I see playing out is that we win the Super Bowl and Tony G retires and we draft Kyle Rudolph in this year's draft and Michael Palmer becomes a solid back-up to him for a few years.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Good points, just hoping I guess. I like Kyle Rudolph and would love to have him. I just feel if hes our man we can trade back a little and pick up an additional pick or something. Would love to trade with say Denver our 1st, 2nd, 3rd draft picks for their two 2nd round picks or something to that nature. I believe Denver has picks #36 & #46 in the 2nd round.

But either way if Michael Palmer pans out and we have say Kyle Rudolph. We would have a great situation with 2 great tight ends on the team or could get some compensation for him.

I see him as an effective TE in the league but not the next TG....just because of the high standard TG set.

After TG retires, rather than searching for the one TE that can do it all, which is rare, I think we will go to 2 TE sets like the Pats. They have been very effective this year.

I see him more like Gronkowski (sp?) from the Patriots. He is their bigger TE that can also catch the ball on short/immediate routes. I don't think either will stretch the defense but they can beat most LBs or outmuscle Dbs.

This year I see us drafting a smaller, quicker pass receiving TE mid to late round to complement Palmer. Both could receive great mentoring by TG because he does it all.

Wish we would have drafted Aaron Hernandez in last years draft. Patriots always seem to find good TE's in the mid to late rounds. I expect TD to draft a TE in the 4th or 5th round in this upcoming draft.

They struck TE gold this year. Hernandez isn't even the best rookie TE on that team.

Gonzo is the greatest tight end of all time, so no one is going to take his place. However if you are saying Palmer might be our next starting tight end I would disagree with you. He is showing promise but as of right now at least I consider him a solid back up for a few years to come.

Gonzo might be the greatest TE of all time, but at this point in his career, he is just a solid TE.

I see Palmer as a repacement for Peele at the #2 spot.

I think we bring in a top talent for Gonzo.

What we do w the TE spot might rely more on who we get for OC as well. IF we bring in McD, do we need a top TE, since he runs more spread offense?

Also, glad the NE TE's were mentioned. With both being so good, it wouldnt surprise me if TD tried to work out a deal w/ NE for one of them.

What we do w the TE spot might rely more on who we get for OC as well. IF we bring in McD, do we need a top TE, since he runs more spread offense?

Also, glad the NE TE's were mentioned. With both being so good, it wouldnt surprise me if TD tried to work out a deal w/ NE for one of them.

I'm trying hard to come up with any possible motivation NE would have for doing that, because I would love it, but I just can't.

I'm trying hard to come up with any possible motivation NE would have for doing that, because I would love it, but I just can't.

I could see us asking. does NE really need 2 TEs to get the job done, or can they just let Gronkowski handle it himself?

they love draft picks, and I am sure they have positions of need as well.

Im not saying it will happen, but if TD is in the market for a TE, I could see him testing the waters in NE.

I dont know if that would work with NE. We did some summer camp with the NE boys this year... and if we meet them in the SB, NE will NOT want to give us anything to make us better. Mr. Belececk (I can never remember how to spell his name) is a stone cold competitor. There's lots of love between us right now (ATL and NE, thanks to TD) but a hard fought SB puts us in the opponent catagory and as such, expect little trade cooperation. Though -- there's always the Matt Cassel paradox. He did send Cassel to KC so who knows =D

I wanted Jimmy Graham in this past draft more than I wanted the Falcons to draft any other player and I almost threw up when the Saints drafted him. Did anybody notice him do a 360 dunk on the goal post after he scored a touchdown. Anyway, I have to get past that.

I knew Hernandez would be a beast too. When the Pats took Grankowski(sp) and Hernandez I couldn't believe it and was very jealous.

I think Palmer has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure he will ever be our #1 TE. He definitely catches almost everything thrown to him, and he is working on his blocking. I met somebody who knows him and he loves playing for the Falcons, having TG as a mentor, and loves blocking(although he knows he needs work on blocking).

I would love to get Kyle Rudolph in this years draft. We could have TG as our #1 for at least one more year, Rudolph as #2, and Palmer as #3. That would be freakin sweet.

I wanted Jimmy Graham in this past draft more than I wanted the Falcons to draft any other player and I almost threw up when the Saints drafted him. Did anybody notice him do a 360 dunk on the goal post after he scored a touchdown. Anyway, I have to get past that.

I knew Hernandez would be a beast too. When the Pats took Grankowski(sp) and Hernandez I couldn't believe it and was very jealous.

I think Palmer has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure he will ever be our #1 TE. He definitely catches almost everything thrown to him, and he is working on his blocking. I met somebody who knows him and he loves playing for the Falcons, having TG as a mentor, and loves blocking(although he knows he needs work on blocking).

I would love to get Kyle Rudolph in this years draft. We could have TG as our #1 for at least one more year, Rudolph as #2, and Palmer as #3. That would be freakin sweet.

If TD is doing anything like they did in NE... they'll find guys no one has heard of and turn them into something special. So might be - young Mr. Palmer has a great future ahead of him after our beloved Gonzo calls it a career (hopefully a few years and ring(s) down the road!!) =D