Most underrated #1 seed in NFL history!?

matty72780

We have to be the most underrated #1 seed in NFL history! We get NO love from the media, Herm Edwards & Peter King think were 1 and done. I mean were the #1 seed and STILL haven’t been talked about for more than 2 minutes on ESPN. Personally, I wouldn’t have it any other way! Keep sleepin on the Falcons PLEASE, all the lack of respect will just motivate our squad more and more! It’s going to be a tough game whoever we play and were gonna need all the help we can get, but that home loss to the Saints was the biggest blessing in disguise of all time for us!!!!

SEE YALL IN DALLAS!!!

I tend to agree. I honestly dont care, and its good motivation for the players to go out and prove how good they are, but I was just thinking the same thing about 5 minutes ago. I was on espn.com and there is a poll for who will win the playoff games, conferences, and super bowl. Super Bowl winners were in order Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Falcons.

Listening to all the pundits, this has got to be the only time ever that more people are picking a 6 seed to win the conference more than the 1 seed.

We just arent a sexy pick. We dont have many big offensive plays. We run and throw a lot of short passes. All that got us was 13 wins.

I don't think we are as underrated as you guys think. SI has a poll for predictions. We have the most votes to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. We have almost 40% of all votes. We are also 3rd most votes to win it behind only New England and Pittsburgh.

I like the way yall are handling this. I guess its time we learn how to start really annihilating teams we play. The playoffs are a good time to start. I have heard some folks say that various teams like the saints play to the level of the competition. We do the same thing too as you well know. We won games on sheer will and playing our butts off late in games on many occasions. The pundits see this and therefore are noncommittal about our team advancing to the later rounds. But prior to this we have not been given the proper amount of credit we may have deserved. I know one thing, we beat several of the playoff teams already so the same can be said about them. The difference here is we claimed the #1 seed so lets handle it like champions. This will be HUGE playoff experience for us and our young stars. I hope our coaches teach them grace under pressure and let them play ball and have fun while at the same time being ruthless, vicious, and smart. Lets enjoy a hard earned bye week and root against the saints and eagles.wink.gif

Edited by HASHBROWN3

I like the way yall are handling this. I guess its time we learn how to start really annihilating teams we play. The playoffs are a good time to start. I have heard some folks say that various teams like the saints play to the level of the competition. We do the same thing too as you well know. We won games on sheer will and playing our butts off late in games on many occasions. The pundits see this and therefore are noncommittal about our team advancing to the later rounds. But prior to this we have not been given the proper amount of credit we may have deserved. I know one thing, we beat several of the playoff teams already so the same can be said about them. The difference here is we claimed the #1 seed so lets handle it like champions. This will be HUGE playoff experience for us and our young stars. I hope our coaches teach them grace under pressure and let them play ball and have fun while at the same time being ruthless, vicious, and smart. Lets enjoy a hard earned bye week and root against the saints and eagles.wink.gif

It'll help that we've beat them as well as playing at home! B)

Long may we stay under the radar I am like many and could care less.We are'nt the sexy pick but we have the players who turn up every week and a coaching staff who get the job done.So I'll take this every week.Thats 1 thing I admire about our team we never get to far ahead of ourselves prepare accordingly week to week hence this is the big reason we got 13 wins.

I'm getting a little weary of this pity party going on here -- Falcons underrated, no respect, Blah Blue said Falcons will be pwned in the playoffs, Lesser Espner sez Falcons won b/c of of easy sked. Fish Wrap Times

Who.Gives.A.Cr.ap. Seriously. It's like some of you have your ego tied to how the Falcons are perceived by the rest of the world. Let the Falcons worry about that -- they are the one's proving they are real. We all know the Falcons had one of the toughest skeds, not just in opponents over .500 but also in consecutive games (2 games in under a week twice), consecutive road games. I can't help it if twiddle dee and tweedle dumb in some NY or CT or LA studio can't understand this nor do I really care.

At some point Falcon H8trs will have to acknowledge that a SB ring don't lie. And, sorry, but if the Falcons don't get to the SB then I think the h8rs have a point about the Falcons not being elite yet. So just chill and focus on the game and not the smack.

We have to be the most underrated #1 seed in NFL history! We get NO love from the media, Herm Edwards & Peter King think were 1 and done. I mean were the #1 seed and STILL haven’t been talked about for more than 2 minutes on ESPN. Personally, I wouldn’t have it any other way! Keep sleepin on the Falcons PLEASE, all the lack of respect will just motivate our squad more and more! It’s going to be a tough game whoever we play and were gonna need all the help we can get, but that home loss to the Saints was the biggest blessing in disguise of all time for us!!!!

SEE YALL IN DALLAS!!!

I would say the 2008 Tennessee Titans were the most underrated #1 seed in recent memory. They started out 10-0 and finished up 13-3. They even killed the #2 seed Steelers in week 16: 31-14. They stomped on their terrible towels after the game and still got no love from the media. I don't think a lot of people had faith in Kerry Collins. The media ended up being right. The Ravens came to Nashville and bounced them 13-10.

1 and done.

Edited by KANE337

It really depends on who you ask. Where I live most people think the Falcons are as good as anyone except the Patriots. Even our worst critics have mentioned our consistency.

I do think we will surprise someone in our first game. I honestly think we are going to smack someone in the mouth. I think it will be dog fight after that, but I think after the division round you will hear comments like, "the #1 seed just slapped the rest of the NFC back into reality."

I'm getting a little weary of this pity party going on here -- Falcons underrated, no respect, Blah Blue said Falcons will be pwned in the playoffs, Lesser Espner sez Falcons won b/c of of easy sked. Fish Wrap Times

Who.Gives.A.Cr.ap. Seriously. It's like some of you have your ego tied to how the Falcons are perceived by the rest of the world. Let the Falcons worry about that -- they are the one's proving they are real. We all know the Falcons had one of the toughest skeds, not just in opponents over .500 but also in consecutive games (2 games in under a week twice), consecutive road games. I can't help it if twiddle dee and tweedle dumb in some NY or CT or LA studio can't understand this nor do I really care.

At some point Falcon H8trs will have to acknowledge that a SB ring don't lie. And, sorry, but if the Falcons don't get to the SB then I think the h8rs have a point about the Falcons not being elite yet. So just chill and focus on the game and not the smack.

You know, I really don't understand posters who say stuff like this. You're basically telling me not to care what people say about a team that I am extremely passionate about??? That's just not feasible. When this team wins, we are on top of the world! When they lose, we feel like crap! So why can't I get a little irritated when someone has a bad opinion of them?

I'm usually not the type to get involved in what the media says (unless it's something I completely disagree with) but I'm definitely not going to knock another fan for caring! That just doesn't make since. To me it doesn't anyway. The team is the ones that have to adopt the "Only opinion that matters is the one in the locker" attitude, not us.

I bet it's because of how we lost the last time we had the #1 Seed...Someone help me out here:

Didn't we have a 10pt lead with about 2:00 left in the game?

"Scratches head"

We've never had the #1 seed. The first SB run we we're 14-2. Unfortunately we we're the first 14-2 team to play on the road in the NFCCG. Minny was 15-1

Edited by Alaxar

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Ok in my opinion the media and critics have had there favorites but have been so wrong from Week 1 this season. Even some have admitted this has been a season that no one could have expected to say the least. So for all those who do not believe in us, well who cares. Were gonna play our hearts out, and the fans are gonna cheer there hearts out. And when we leave the field, no matter who we play, we will leave nothing behind. No matter how far we get, the Falcons are my team as they have always and we will be better next year even if we win the whole thing which I clearly can see happening. Either way though like I said I am proud to be a Falcons fan and that will never change.

Go Falcons.......Rise Up

Guess none of ya'll paid attention last year. We were 13 - 3 and a #1 seed. Yet, all you heard was Dallas this and Minnesota / Favre that. Everyone said...oh, the Saints lost 3 in a row to end the season, they're a write off.

Just makes it all the much nicer when you win it and shut them up.

Edited by LasVegasSaintsFan

You know, I really don't understand posters who say stuff like this. You're basically telling me not to care what people say about a team that I am extremely passionate about??? That's just not feasible. When this team wins, we are on top of the world! When they lose, we feel like crap! So why can't I get a little irritated when someone has a bad opinion of them?

I'm usually not the type to get involved in what the media says (unless it's something I completely disagree with) but I'm definitely not going to knock another fan for caring! That just doesn't make since. To me it doesn't anyway. The team is the ones that have to adopt the "Only opinion that matters is the one in the locker" attitude, not us.

I guess that is the difference between our two mindsets. I'm a fairly self-confident (not over-confident) guy. If my team is on top I bask in that glory and no one can deny me -- certainly not some two-bit sports blabberer who gets paid to spout nonsense. Look at it this way -- if you were the #1 in your profession (maybe you are) and someone random person said you were the worst would you really care or just laugh it off? Because that is essentially what is going on with the Falcons right now.

So, while I'm passionate about the Falcons I don't really care what non-fans are saying. They have zero impact or relevance on the Falcons' top spot or my life. Why get worked up about nothing?