Something that is irritating

GTFalcon25

It seems like anytime someone starts a topic or replies to one with something about the draft, our potential OC search, next year's schedule, etc. someone else will reply with the token "We should just stay focused on what's at hand!"

Okay, I get it. We're the top seed, and have a great chance to go all the way. But, we're just fans, guys. We don't have to focus on anything except being fans. Given the second bye week, 14 days is a long time to go without football. So, talking about the draft and the possibility of Mularkey being hired away is perfectly fine!

Alright, I'll put the soapbox back out in the garage.

It seems like anytime someone starts a topic or replies to one with something about the draft, our potential OC search, next year's schedule, etc. someone else will reply with the token "We should just stay focused on what's at hand!"

Okay, I get it. We're the top seed, and have a great chance to go all the way. But, we're just fans, guys. We don't have to focus on anything except being fans. Given the second bye week, 14 days is a long time to go without football. So, talking about the draft and the possibility of Mularkey being hired away is perfectly fine!

I just finished responding to one of those posts. Like you said, WE don't have a game to prepare for because WE don't coach or play.

It seems like some fail to realize that this is a message board and the point is for people to share and discuss opinions as well as facts. Some don't seem to be able to distinguish between the two and some just blast people for discussing opinions.

If it bothers them so much why come here?

To me, it's irritating for fans to be talking about next season when there's so much left in THIS season. Next year talk is for fans that have nothing to look forward to this season.

I don't really mind it in the end, I just don't participate in the discussion.

Edit: To elaborate, I don't really care about overlooking opponents stuff that forum members will talk about (I find the "We are overlooking the Panthers!" threads pretty funny). If someone wants to discuss a future week on this season's schedule, I'm all for it, but I'd like to keep the discussion to the current season of play.

Edited by dmite

I just finished responding to one of those posts. Like you said, WE don't have a game to prepare for because WE don't coach or play.

It seems like some fail to realize that this is a message board and the point is for people to share and discuss opinions as well as facts. Some don't seem to be able to distinguish between the two and some just blast people for discuss opinions.

If it bothers them so much why come here?

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. Glad to see there are others. It's the job of the fans to speculate, ponder, and look ahead. Taking things "one game at a time" doesn't mater to us!

or the...

"we can look past XXX and worry about the Saints in 2 weeks. We have to focus on this opponent and not take them lightly'

makes me LOL.

I'm afraid that the only reason we lost to the Saints is because my biggest concern was merely winning one of the last two. I should be fired. :(

I can see your point, but at the same time, i think we need to relish where our team is and not bring up stuff like you said, "who we playin next year, and who gets the axe after the season, or who do we draft...Just imagine fans of other teams who are out of the playoffs, if they came to this board and see threads like that, they would be like, WTH???Why are they talkin about next year when their team is in the playoffs now. If it was a detriot fan, st louis fan, cleveland fan or so on, those fans can be talking about next year because their teams are cleaning out their lockers and packing up. Meanwhile we have a great team here "now" that is in good position to bring the trophy home this year, but you want to talk about who should we draft this year??????????really..I understand the players dont come here and what we say will not affect them, but i thought we were suppose to live in the "now"?????

I get irritated when people get irritated about a thread on the board...not really, It is a message board and people are different, but I hope no one allows anything said here to ruin part of their day.

For me, it is too early to look ahead to next season only because there is no CBA. I can talk about the draft because that will take place regardless of whether or not there is a lockout, but that is about all I have for next season at this point. When someone says next year, the Falcons are going to do this or that, it is tempting to tell them that we may be sitting here arguing with Saints fans over who would have won if the games had been played instead of how the Falcons beat them by three touchdowns.

To each his own though and while I might not agree with opinions expressed here by some, I am not going to criticize them for their opinion or outlook being different than mine.

Exactly. What do I have to prepare for? Being in front of my TV when we play whoever it is we play. It's not like I have to prepare to do that...

I think those are logical topics to talk about, especially since were in a bye week. Plus, were only a few months away from the draft. As fans, what we focus our attention on has no bearing on the outcome on the game.

The only thing I get tired of reading about is Trent Dilfer, and the rest of the haters out there. It probably wouldn't be so bad but, the board ends up getting cluttered with the same 20 threads about what the haters say.

This is TATF, and if it's Falcons related, I don't have an issue with it. There is only so much one can talk about when we aren't playing and don't have an opponent to focus on until after this weekend. There are still things going on besides what's happening on the field. I'm sure our front office is having the same kinds of conversations about players and coaches, even as we prepare to make a SB run.