I think I've finally decided to invest in an authentic jersey. Right now I have 4 replicas, but I think I'm ready for the investment that an authentic would be. Here are my questions for those who have Authentics...

- Is the sizing the same? I wear a M/48 in the replicas. I dont like my jerseys to be huge and baggy on me. but I dont know if theyre cut the same or not

- Are the numbers that are sewn on sewn on in layers, or is it one piece where some of the layers are just printed on?

- What's the likelihood that the falcons are changing jerseys sometime in the next 2 years? I know Nike is picking up the NFL contract in 2012, and I dont want to have an outdated expensive jersey immediately.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I think I've finally decided to invest in an authentic jersey. Right now I have 4 replicas, but I think I'm ready for the investment that an authentic would be. Here are my questions for those who have Authentics...

- Is the sizing the same? I wear a M/48 in the replicas. I dont like my jerseys to be huge and baggy on me. but I dont know if theyre cut the same or not

- Are the numbers that are sewn on sewn on in layers, or is it one piece where some of the layers are just printed on?

- What's the likelihood that the falcons are changing jerseys sometime in the next 2 years? I know Nike is picking up the NFL contract in 2012, and I dont want to have an outdated expensive jersey immediately.

Thanks for everyone's help!

i just bought 2 authentic norwoods on 365 for 65$$$$

I have never had a replica so I don't know if they fit the same. The authentics I have a nice. They fit great. Everything is sewn on. For some reason.... Idk why or if its always true. But I got a personalized authentic and its the same size as my normal authentics but its huge on me. Not sure if that's always true but just throwing that in there

nike fit small i have a jam 32 authintec

nike will probably update the styles of nfl jerseys in 2012, but you're still going to see a lot of the current reebok style jerseys for 2-3 years after that. i'd say that's usually the amount of time it takes for most people to have the newer jerseys. granted, there may be fake "authentic" jerseys on ebay of the nike brand once they're released, but i still doubt it'll be too bad.

if i were you, i'd say splurge and get one now. depending on who you want, there are sales on certain sites right now. if you're looking for a matt ryan jersey, eastbay has nearly $100 off sales for some of their jerseys. they have very specific colors and players for each teams, and limited amounts, but if u can find the one u want its a good deal. nflshop has 20% off coupons so you could get a personalized one from there or even one of the players.

ebay is also a decent place to look. i got nearly all my falcons jerseys off ebay (2-4 vick jerseys from a few years back, a matt ryan black authentic, a matt ryan throwback authentic which is beautiful :D, and i got a john abraham premier jersey). it takes some work from time to time to go through all the fakes to find some nice quality real ones, but if u can, it's worth it. i paid $180 for the black authentic ryan jersey i got, $130 for the throwback(got really lucky on), $25 for the abraham jersey, and 20-30 for each vick jersey. i still look as often as i can to enhance my falcons jersey collection because i don't have too many, and i've been broke recently; i've been trying to get a roddy white, a turner, a gonzo, and i was looking in to getting a few personalized ones in grimes, lofton, decoud.

hope that helps!

I'm over in Korea, and I was having people some jerseys made. They are $35 each, but I leave on the 11th and don't have time to place the order...in all I've had about 30 jerseys made for people

. If you know anyone in the military stationed in Korea or maybe even Japan...hit them up. $35 beats even $120 knockoffs from ebay

Jerseys

Ive seen the premier available in stores, and they look ok. I like the look of the Falcon logo embroidered on as opposed to screen printed, if the numbers are sewn on. BUT, here's the difference...I saw an authentic jersey on Display over Christmas, and the numbers and logo looked SO much better than any of the EQT or Premier or whatever I've ever seen. That really struck me and is what has contributed to me thinking I want an authentic one.

I think if they were to change jerseys next year then something would have already been said publicly.

I feel like they would wait until after the season to announce any jersey changes. Why make a fuss about it now, when it won't affect anything until next season. Let this season play out, fans are energized about the playoff run, and sell all the current merchandise you can. THEN, bring out some new uni's right before the draft, so that everyone starts getting excited about them, and buys them with the newly drafted Falcons names/numbers. JMO

That said, i hope they dont, especially if I buy one. I dont like wearing out of date stuff.

Well I can get jerseys that are just like the Authentic 100% stitched no screen print on them. For under $50 shipped. I can get:

Matt Ryan

Roddy White

Tony Gonzalez

Michael Turner

And I am sure everyone wants Jamaal Anderson

I just got two myself and they are well worth the money. The only drawback is it takes 10 to 15 business days to get them. Well worth saving over $100.

Sorry I just could not stand to pay the high price and then they player retire, career ending injury or went to another team, or they change the jersey altogether.

Plus I dont have money to buy the high price jersey. I got a talking to just spending what I did.

What is an "AUTHENTIC" Jersey? Are they really $300????

I paid $120 for a signed (Todd Weiner)game worn jersey at the last FNCO auction. I can't imagine it getting more authentic than that. And the money all went to the FNCO (charities)

I should probably frame it, but I sort of want to wear it to REALLY big games, ie: NFC Championships?

The fit is bizarre. They have to be super tight on the players to limit the ability for linemen to grab. I'm pretty skinny, especially around the shoulders [i'm a cyclist!] and I can barely lift my arms in the thing. Except the shoulders themselves are fitted for the pads to be stuffed in there. The jersey is pretty snug through the waste and hips, too, and goes down to me knees even though I'm 6'1''. I guess Todd didn't want his strap showing when he was in his stance.

It looks pretty silly, sort of sleeveless and tight under the arms with the poochey shouders . . . but it would still be fun to wear to a game. But if an "Authentic" Jersey fits the same way, and had no charitible or sentimental value, I'd go with a better fitting "Replica" in a heartbeat.. . . or wait until the next FNCO event and try to outbid me on another game worn jersey. (It's for a better cause.)

Edited by holymoses