1-5-11 mock

1-LB-mason foster-in on EVERY play, awesome tackler.

2-CB-jalil brown-gunner, 1st one down, gets off blocks and makes tackles vs run.

3-WR-ronald johnson-PR, catch and run ability we lack.

4-DE-ricky elmore-gets off blocks stops run, can get to the QB too. nice length, good size/athleticism.

5-TE-cameron graham-good hands, tough to tackle.

6-RB-chad spann-great balance/vision, quick/strong for size.

7-LB-malcolm smith-can take a pick or fumble to the house.

7-OC-zane taylor-versatile OC/OG.

7-LG-caleb schlauderaff-run blocker, can pull. utes only allowed 11 sacks. can compete with valdez if someone leaves.

don't like the first two picks. Foster is not a 1st rounder, and Jalil Brown is a 4th rounder, he is not a good coverage CB at all IMO

i like mason foster better than any other LB in this draft, and i bet he is a first rder.

jalil brown is a heck of a STer, and while i'm not sold on him in coverage, he is good against the run so i can see us moving him to FS if need be. a 2nd rd pick may be considered high to take a guy like that by some, but the saints took malcolm jenkins in the middle of rd one and had to move him to FS, but he is an excellant FS. coleman will be a F/A in 2012, by then we will know if brown is a S or CB. saints moved jenkins to safety in 2nd year and he starts over sharper. i like brown better than other guys projected to be available here like jimmy smith, davon house, and brandon burton. curtis brown should be gone. brandon hogan ended season on IR so if he is there in rd 7 and we still needed a CB, i'd take him. if he were never injured, i'd take hogan here and we would have two dunta robinson's.

I would bet Foster goes 2nd round tops.

And that is ridiculous, you draft someone in the 2nd based on special team ability? You can find good ST value later like Joe Lefeged. Brown is awful in coverage. No way he is worth a 2nd. There are 7 other guys I'd take on day one

I would bet Foster goes 2nd round tops.

And that is ridiculous, you draft someone in the 2nd based on special team ability? You can find good ST value later like Joe Lefeged. Brown is awful in coverage. No way he is worth a 2nd. There are 7 other guys I'd take on day one

if you could spell aweful i might take you more seriously.

mason foster is this years james laurinaitis. i dont give a damm where they think he will go, i believe he actually goes higher on draft day than the current projections show. even if he was drafted in the first two or three picks in rd 2,(laurinaitis #35) that is only 5 or so picks away. that is not a reach. i said i wanted laurinaitis in rd 1 that year, and he has been worthy of the slot. no doubt in my mind foster will prove many here wrong yet again.

if you watch brandon hogan close and tackle with fierce authority you will see exactly what kind of CB i want behind grimes. brown is not that level but he is better than ALL of the afore mentioned. remember that our 2nd rd pick is damm near a 3rd rder. hogan would be the ideal slot CB to blitz, but he tore his ACL and has a DUI. he is everything i want on the field and everything i dont want off. i'd still gamble our last pick on him if we never addressed CB though.

if you could spell aweful i might take you more seriously.

mason foster is this years james laurinaitis. i dont give a damm where they think he will go, i believe he actually goes higher on draft day than the current projections show. even if he was drafted in the first two or three picks in rd 2,(laurinaitis #35) that is only 5 or so picks away. that is not a reach. i said i wanted laurinaitis in rd 1 that year, and he has been worthy of the slot. no doubt in my mind foster will prove many here wrong yet again.

if you watch brandon hogan close and tackle with fierce authority you will see exactly what kind of CB i want behind grimes. brown is not that level but he is better than ALL of the afore mentioned. remember that our 2nd rd pick is damm near a 3rd rder. hogan would be the ideal slot CB to blitz, but he tore his ACL and has a DUI. he is everything i want on the field and everything i dont want off. i'd still gamble our last pick on him if we never addressed CB though.

Er.... Awful is actually the correct spelling lol :blink:

damm, you're right, i was thinking of awesome.

that aside, i still like jalil brown, and i think he will prove to be a good DB whether he makes it at CB or S.

We all make mistakes... By the way **** has an 'n' in it.

You might be right about him making a better safety, but I don't like him as a CB. He is really stiff in the hips.