2 Round Mock Draft

Snelling44

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Ok as far as free agency. I am not so sure about Evan Mathis (OG Bengals) as our guard but could work out.

I checked out Davone Bess (WR Dolphins) and would love to have him. His contract is not up until 2013. Do you really think they would depart with him? And if so what do you figure it would take to get him? He seems real consistent, and if he can be consistent in Miami he could do wonders for the Falcons. Would be a perfect guy for our slot, maybe even give Jenkins a run for his money. And would keep us from addressing a need in the draft.

Houston def fits our scheme. He plays from the 3 point more often than the 2 point

This.

Ok as far as free agency. I am not so sure about Evan Mathis (OG Bengals) as our guard but could work out.

I checked out Davone Bess (WR Dolphins) and would love to have him. His contract is not up until 2013. Do you really think they would depart with him? And if so what do you figure it would take to get him? He seems real consistent, and if he can be consistent in Miami he could do wonders for the Falcons. Would be a perfect guy for our slot, maybe even give Jenkins a run for his money. And would keep us from addressing a need in the draft.

Hmm... you must be looking at my old mock off-season for the Falcons. I will be updating that, probably today. Evan Mathis is a guy that could be a potential steal as a FA if we let Dahl or Clabo go. As for Bess, he got re-signed so that won't work out anymore. At the time when I made it, he was still a FA.

I really don't see the fascination with Houston and him being a 3-4 OLB. I've watched quite a few UGA games and 80% of the time, if not more, he plays with his hand on the ground. He also doesn't drop back into coverage much more than a few times a game so he's still raw in that area. Yea he has the athleticism to play OLB, but as of now he is a DE.

I really don't see the fascination with Houston and him being a 3-4 OLB. I've watched quite a few UGA games and 80% of the time, if not more, he plays with his hand on the ground. He also doesn't drop back into coverage much more than a few times a game so he's still raw in that area. Yea he has the athleticism to play OLB, but as of now he is a DE.

Well said, I have seen him drop in coverage and he looked somewhat unaware and stiff. He is pretty raw as a coverage guy, but his best play comes from when he plays as a DE. He could be a very good DE.

Houston def fits our scheme. He plays from the 3 point more often than the 2 point

Agree. For the type of scheme we run, one could argue that Houston may be the perfect fit in this draft. His game is a lot like Abraham's...same body type, same freakish strength and explosiveness. If we went DE early, Houston would definitely IMO be the potential heir apparent to Abe.

This draft will be interesting because we could go BPA at just about any position, but QB--that's a nice luxury.

What i really like about Houston is that we could work in more 34 looks to get Biermann, abe and Houston (and possibly Sidbury) on field. Or we could put Houston on the SLB spot if need be--he'd be a nice defensive luxury. Or we could just flat out rotate our DEs more with little drop off.

Agree. For the type of scheme we run, one could argue that Houston may be the perfect fit in this draft. His game is a lot like Abraham's...same body type, same freakish strength and explosiveness. If we went DE early, Houston would definitely IMO be the potential heir apparent to Abe.

This draft will be interesting because we could go BPA at just about any position, but QB--that's a nice luxury.

What i really like about Houston is that we could work in more 34 looks to get Biermann, abe and Houston (and possibly Sidbury) on field. Or we could put Houston on the SLB spot if need be--he'd be a nice defensive luxury. Or we could just flat out rotate our DEs more with little drop off.

Good post. If Sidbury pans out as well, that would be a beast DL.