A true politician

Forever Julian

Now THIS is a leader. Obama did not do nearly what he could have done before the House change due to his want to pander to people who dont like him. He should have came in there on day one, said how it was going to be, and made his party follow him. That is leadership, and that is what our people want.

I dont blame this on Obama though. A Luo can lead his horse to water, but he cant make it drink. The democrats are frauds, and I hope Obama runs with a new party in 2012. One that speaks to the change that is really needed.

Sounds like that falls under the category of that is THEIR problem.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that they probably have cable/satellite television. Probably have internet service. Probably have cell phones. I'm guessing if they cut back on those things then they could afford health insurance it's called "prioritizing".

Actually they dont...and thanks to the governments BS digital standards getting rid of antenna usage they barely even have a working television in their home. You should volunteer with some of the refugee and immigration centers in Atlanta, you might see it isnt all peaches and cream with them.

Actually they dont...and thanks to the governments BS digital standards getting rid of antenna usage they barely even have a working television in their home. You should volunteer with some of the refugee and immigration centers in Atlanta, you might see it isnt all peaches and cream with them.

Makes you wonder why anyone would bother to leave their wonderful comfortable lives to come to this country.

Sounds like that falls under the category of that is THEIR problem.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that they probably have cable/satellite television. Probably have internet service. Probably have cell phones. I'm guessing if they cut back on those things then they could afford health insurance it's called "prioritizing".

Cable TV can cost as little as $30 a month. How do you expect someone to function without a telephone?

The argument you're advancing is ridiculous. Sure, lots of people could sacrifice more, but saying that they should go without a phone, or that saving $30 a month would solve their health care woes is just dumb.

:( This is truly a sad situation. Who knows? Maybe one day we can get a government in place to take care of all of their woes. Until then it looks like they'll have to do like the rest of us and tough it out and perhaps make some decisions in their lives to better their situation.

All of those nice extras you think poor people have truly only apply to poor AMERICAN CITIZENS(and maybe the Latino). In all honesty a refugee who just got here has no need for a cell phone. Who are they gonna call? Not like cell phones are everywhere when you are being chased by madmen.

Satellite? If they had the money who would install it? Unless you speak espanol, directv and dish network has nobody able to tell you what you can have, and if you come from a remote area of the world even the satellite service wont have a station you can understand so what use would it be?

Internet.... :lol: . Anybody can steal internet from their stupid neighbor who puts open wireless up.

Not all the poor people here are ridding on spinning rims while eating McDonalds and talking on their cell phones mate.

:( This is truly a sad situation. Who knows? Maybe one day we can get a government in place to take care of all of their woes. Until then it looks like they'll have to do like the rest of us and tough it out and perhaps make some decisions in their lives to better their situation.

Yes, maybe we can drop fallacy after fallacy while we're at it. and by 'we', I mean 'you'.

NO CELL PHONE?!?!?!?!?! Pure madness, I tell you. Pure madness. Where is the f****** humanity? What would the world do if they didn't have cell phones?

Yes, cable television can cost as little as $30 a month. Do you think that they would have just the basic of basic cable? Probably not. Cell phones are NOT a necessity. Are you in the cell phone business or something? :mellow: You and I had an argument about this before with government issues cell phones and you thought then that they were necessary.

Internet is another luxury item, not a necessity, just as the 2 examples above are not. So your notion that one MUST have a phone and should not do without cable service and you probably have a similar stance on internet service is what is DUMB. If one needs health insurance and can't afford it yet they just can't do away with the luxuries, not necessities, then their lack of insurance is THEIR problem.

So you expect them to function in 21st century America without the possibility of being contacted by telephone? They're supposed to look for a job corresponding by US Mail?

The problem here is that when you imagine someone in need, you create someone with a 60" HDTV and premium cable with an iPhone. It's pure cynicism. You're throwing your fellow man in the trash without ever having met him, and I think that's FAR worse than needing help with insurance.

Also, I never said that someone 'should not' do without cable service, I just said that the $30 saved doesn't make as much of a difference as you claim. Please stop throwing out straw men.

I do have a similar stance on Internet service. One can have basic internet for a very low price and thus be much more able to search for employment. But who wants people to have the tools to look for work? Oh right, YOU.

Apparently, no one is deserving of your sympathy.

Not all the poor people here are ridding on spinning rims while eating McDonalds and talking on their cell phones mate.

They are in his world. His bitter, angry, ungrateful, unsympathetic world of fantasy and ignorance.

And before BoP launches into another 'Well let's just buy all the poor people mansions, then', fallacies, we're talking strictly about health care here.

And maybe we can wake up and realize that sometimes we have to get off our ***, roll up our sleeves, cut out some of the frivolous things and tough it out. Maybe we can one day realize that the government is not in placve to take care of us. And by 'we', I mean you.

Hey look, you did exactly what I thought you'd do! Thanks!

I completely agree that sometimes we need to roll up our sleeves and tough it out. That's often impossible for someone with unchecked, serious medical conditions, for someone without a telephone, or someone with no housing or food. How could you possibly disagree? There are basic essentials with which human beings cannot succeed. That's a simple fact.

I'll address 2 points.

1) One can have phone service without having cell service. It's call a land line and they work quite well.

2) $30 saved my not seem like much but it's a start. Every household budget is created by eliminating what you can, when you can. A little from here, a little from there and more and more over time. Eventually quite a bit of money can be saved. Sure $30 for cable, $30 for internet and $60 or more for cell service doesn't seem like much on their own, but add them up and it starts to get a little more sizable.

Confuscious say: A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

1. Land lines and cell service are practically the same in price. The people that we're talking about often do not have stable housing, so cell phones are both more practical and cheaper. Your beef about having a telephone is absurd.

2. I agree with you that every little bit counts. I also think you're out of touch about not only the price of some of these items, but also the ubiquity of their use.

I think it's convenient for you to label those in need as leeches, and it seems you'll create whatever stereotype you must in order to maintain that world view. I think it's cynical, narrow and callous, and I would suggest that cynicism does as much to erode our society as the laziness you purport is rampant among those without health insurance.

Please keep in mind that when talking about the uninsured you're talking about tens of millions of people, including children and the mentally ill.