Would you support replacement players in 2012 if there is no football next season?

fansince78

17 members have voted

1. 1. If there is no CBA, would you pay to see replacement players?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on ticket prices

While I root for the team and not the players, the personalities on the teams are make the game that much more interesting. I just couldn't get behind a group of guys when I know they won't be here the next year. Plus, any accomplishment will be meaningless - it would always have an asterisk by it.

Plus, the level of talent wouldn't be that high.

Just curious, and too lazy to look it up - where do the coaches fall in the players vs owners battle? I would assume they work for the team and would need to come to work if there were replacement players, but they are also under contract just like the players and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the would go on strike as well. Anybody know?

Team owners may let the 2011 season pass and then invite former players to return to their perspective teams and supplement the roster with permanent replacements. Coaches, many of whom are former players will have to decide where their loyalty lies. I suspect that some would return and some would not. The NFLPA needs to get real and negotiate or they will be a thing of the past and many promising NFL careers will never be lived out.

It is not that hard to keep up with what is going on if you would like to. The NFLPA has it's own website and almost any search engine will give you updates on negotiations.

Team owners may let the 2011 season pass and then invite former players to return to their perspective teams and supplement the roster with permanent replacements. Coaches, many of whom are former players will have to decide where their loyalty lies. I suspect that some would return and some would not. The NFLPA needs to get real and negotiate or they will be a thing of the past and many promising NFL careers will never be lived out.

It is not that hard to keep up with what is going on if you would like to. The NFLPA has it's own website and almost any search engine will give you updates on negotiations.

Thanks, I will definitely check that out...

Under Federal labor law, the owners would be able to hire temporary replacements for the lockout. However, I get the feeling the owners are expecting the union to suffer some major pressure among the players for the union to agree to the terms offered by the owners. Players making league minimum to mid range salaries will be much more opposed to to a long lockout than say a Peyton Manning.

I was a huge Braves fan at one time......the players went on strike and so did I , they came back I didn't and never will .

As much as I love the Falcons they would get the same response from me

sam

Funny you would say that. I was once a huge Braves fan and went to so many games a year that it is not funny. I have been to a few games since that strike, but I never got that love for the game back and didn't watch a single game all the way through last season.

I wonder if I would be that way about football?

Funny you would say that. I was once a huge Braves fan and went to so many games a year that it is not funny. I have been to a few games since that strike, but I never got that love for the game back and didn't watch a single game all the way through last season.

I wonder if I would be that way about football?

I know people to this day that refuse to watch MLB because of the strike, but they were fans before then.

I'm tired of the NFL's hypocrisy.

They're concerned about player safety, so they crack down on hits that were totally clean hits for decades in the NFL. Robinson's hit in Philly - a great football play! But after decades of ignoring concussions, the NFL is now running scared of potential lawsuits and wants to show they're policing the game properly.

But they're not sooooooo concerned about player's health that they insist on an 18 game regular season. The NFL administration - experts at sucking and blowing at the same time!

Needless to say it is all about money, all the time. Jerry Jones builds a colussus in Dallas and keeps bringing in the revenue - good for him. Just watch how many billionaire owners will hold cities and fans hostage if they don't get a new stadium soon (E.g Minny, Buffalo, San Diego, SF, Oakland, Miami, KC, NO, Atlanta - all have stadiums that are at least 15 years old and likely don't have the revenue drivers that Dallas' or New Jersey's does).

I'm generally a pro-management type of guy, but from what I've kept up with on these negotiations so far, I'm siding with the players. I would consider it a total waste of time to watch 5-stringers play for the SB and the biggest asterisk ever in any sport. I won't spend a penny to watch it live or on TV.