Michael best quarterback in the League

MV72010

Mike Vick if he plays healthy for the next 5 years..which could easily happen...Could go down as one of the greatest players of all time....his speed wont diminish as low as a 4.3-4.4...40 yard dash...His arm is the strongest in the league and going into the next 5 years his arm won't diminish as much as people would think... There's never been a players like Mike Vick at the QB position in history ...Only generic versions such as Cunningham, Steven Young....etc......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Vick if he plays healthy for the next 5 years..which could easily happen...Could go down as one of the greatest players of all time....his speed wont diminish as low as a 4.3-4.4...40 yard dash...His arm is the strongest in the league and going into the next 5 years his arm won't diminish as much as people would think... There's never been a players like Mike Vick at the QB position in history ...Only generic versions such as Cunningham, Steven Young....etc......

if he stays healthy or out of prison?

HE'S AN EAGLE! I THOUGHT WE ONLY CARED ABOUT FALCONS ROUND HERE?!

I use to be a Falcons fan but when Vick went to prison i waited when he came to go wit a favorite team.. But Im curious what Falcon fans think of Vick now that Matt Ryan is a having a good year..who would you rather have ...even though there's no question Vick is better...As far as Brady about as over rated as it gets..Another Montana with even a better Bill Walsh system..Im from Boston and i hate the Pats jus because of there fans

kill yourself.

He's gonna get a groin injury just from you hugging his nuts so hard

I use to be a Falcons fan but when Vick went to prison i waited when he came to go wit a favorite team.. But Im curious what Falcon fans think of Vick now that Matt Ryan is a having a good year..who would you rather have ...even though there's no question Vick is better...As far as Brady about as over rated as it gets..Another Montana with even a better Bill Walsh system..Im from Boston and i hate the Pats jus because of there fans

Ryan didn't hold out for a bigger contract because he wanted to get to work. Within a week or two after the Superbowl this past year Ryan went back to work studying the best QB's in the league and working out to increase arm strenth and mobility. I'll put my money on the QB who is relentless in his pursuit of perfection over someone who relies soley on athletic ability.

So what team are you a fan of?

How is Cunningham Generic when he came before Vick? Generic is a knock off of something original.

The fact is, Vick is having a good year, but it's a pretty normal year for any QB considered " great" much less the greatest in the league.

Compare it to Tony Romo and it would be about Tony's WORST year. The last time a healthy Romo had that bad a year was his first in which he played only 10 games and tossed 19 TD's and threw for 2,900 yards.

Why is everybody gaga over 3018 yards and 21 passing TD's? And it took him 8 years in the league to finally break 3000 passing yards? And it's only the second time he passed for 20 TD's?

Arm strength means nothing. Joe Montana couldn't break an egg throwing it against a brick wall.and he turned out okay. Jeff George had a rocket for an arm tho.

So you think he should be in the Hall of Fame?

The problem is this. Vick was drafted 10 years ago - that's one year less than McNabb. He's not a young player anymore - but still in excellent condition and has fantastic athletic ability.

However, he is not a pocket passer and his style of play causes him to take many hits - hard hits - every game.

If he played another 5 years - you are talking about 15 years in the league. You are talking about a 35 year old QB who plays running back style and gets hit like a running back.

Now, he's already missed a lot of time because of injury in his career - plus the 2 years he was out of the league - so you can drop that down to 8 years in the league - but it's still a long time.

Honestly, with the style of football that he plays - I don't know how he could hold up another 5 years taking the kind of hits he does. If he plays another 3 years - it will be an achievement.

This is not a knock on the man - just the raw facts. He puts himself in a position to be knocked out of the game - and he takes brutal beatings out there. I just don't know how in the world he could last another 5 years. The body can only take so much of that beating - and he's not getting younger.

Guys like Brady and Manning - they don't take those kind of hits. They get rid of the ball quickly - and that's why they have longer careers.

Look at Steve Young. A very mobile QB who put himself out there to take hits. While he played 15 years in the league - he really only played about 8 full years because of injuries - and he was finally beaten down to the point where he was forced to retire - not because he wanted to - but because his body couldn't take anymore.

The problem is this. Vick was drafted 10 years ago - that's one year less than McNabb. He's not a young player anymore - but still in excellent condition and has fantastic athletic ability.

However, he is not a pocket passer and his style of play causes him to take many hits - hard hits - every game.

If he played another 5 years - you are talking about 15 years in the league. You are talking about a 35 year old QB who plays running back style and gets hit like a running back.

Now, he's already missed a lot of time because of injury in his career - plus the 2 years he was out of the league - so you can drop that down to 8 years in the league - but it's still a long time.

Honestly, with the style of football that he plays - I don't know how he could hold up another 5 years taking the kind of hits he does. If he plays another 3 years - it will be an achievement.

This is not a knock on the man - just the raw facts. He puts himself in a position to be knocked out of the game - and he takes brutal beatings out there. I just don't know how in the world he could last another 5 years. The body can only take so much of that beating - and he's not getting younger.

Especially if he continues to play for the Eagles and their pass-happy offense...

Especially if he continues to play for the Eagles and their pass-happy offense...

Yes. The other part is - Vick is not the best quarterback in the league - but he is the most athletic.

Oh and as for the question - who would I rather have - it's Ryan by far. He's younger - he is a great study of the game - and he's getting better.

In his 3rd year - and he's brought us more wins than any other QB in our history. He's got a long future ahead of him - and with his style of play - will probably be out on the field making plays more than he is on the sideline recovering from an injury.

No brainer. I can watch Vick highlights while he plays with any team. I want a long-term, ever improving, QB on the field leading our teams to wins and giving us the best chance for Super Bowl victories. I think that's Ryan.

To MV72010:

Vick is a good athlete in his own spectrum. The problem with Vick is he is a selfish player who doesn't care about his "Team". When you see Vick scramble for 9 yards to get a first down, you see a gifted athlete who makes it happen. I see a selfish QB who has no faith in his offense to make it happen.

When Vick recklessly exposes himself to make a 1st down, you think he has it all figured out. I see a QB who is begging to have an injury. Which Mr Vick has accumulated 2 this year.

Every time he takes a snap its going to be a gamble. More often than not Vick is going to run, and more often than not he is going to put himself into a really bad gamble. Im not saying its going to happen now, **** it might be years down the road, but in the end, Vick is going to make a bad call. That call was based on his non-faith in his Offense, and it wont matter how good they are. He will make the call, get owned, and blame everyone but himself for it.

Vick literally is 1 step outside the grave. He hasn't changed, never will, glad he is finding success outside of Atlanta. I wish him the best, but in the end you cant fix it. He thinks he is above and beyond, and it shows it. Glad the Eagles got him, wish him the best....

For me, I am resting my hat on a True QB, one that doesn't care about records, or franchise titles. He focuses on the game at hand, one that doesn't let defeat or win affect him over 24 hours. Sure he might not get the same bro-love others get, but he does one thing very well. He understands the players, and unites them. He takes 55 other guys, and makes them a uniform killing machine. He in question has done something Vick will never accomplish.

He unified a locker room, all believing in the same goal, and working together to accomplish a single goal. He lead his team in his rookie year to a playoff spot, his second year was a 2nd winning season, and in his 3rd lead us to playoffs again. Not just again, but as the #1 seed! Vicks record wasn't even close......

Vicks biggest achievement at the start of his career since being drafted in 2001,

was ending The Packers undefeated playoff record at Lambeau field. Vick leading the team in turn lost to Donovan Mcnabb in the division playoff game. The very QB he replaced, on the team he currently leads.

Vicks career has been marked by injury. He flipped us off in 2006, but we wont talk about that right?

MV72010,

If you wanna be a fan of this clown, that's fine, I am glad you are not a fan of this team. Before you call a QB the second coming of christ, you should do some homework. Your nut hugging of Vick will find an end, and when it does do not expect a super bowl ring.

Hope is the first step to the road of disappointment.

Best of luck, and glad you found the eagles as your new jesus.....