LIVE WIRE: NFL Draft Insider News

hawkeye

Update January 4th: One Stanford Underclassman making the jump….another PAC 10 star staying…update on JJ Watt….

- Sources have told us JJ Watt received a second round grade from the advisory committee. As of today most close to the situation expect him to declare for the draft. We presently rank the Badger defensive end as a top 15 choice in April.

- Word tonight is most in the “know” expect Virginia Tech running back Ryan Williams will enter the draft, something of a common theme since October.

- While the football world awaits the decision of Andrew Luck sources have told us one of his underclassmen teammates has let it be known he will enter the draft. Stanford DE/OLB Tom Keiser will enter the draft, something that he’s been considering since October. Keiser is a bit of a ‘tweener we presently rate as a later round selection.

- Yet another source we spoke with this evening thinks tonight will be the final college game for Mike Brewster and the Buckeye center will enter the draft.

- Miami Hurricane cornerback Brandon Harris made official something we brought to the attention of readers back in August; he’s entering the draft. We understand Harris delayed his decision a few days after his poor performance against Michael Floyd of Notre Dame in last week’s Sun Bowl.

- Arizona receiver Juron Criner is telling people he will return to Arizona for his senior season. Criner has stated labor issues in the NFL has him concerned and he has a desire to finish out his career with quarterback Nick Foles, who also plans to play for the Wildcats next season.

- Akeem Ayers officially acknowledged the worst kept secret in the draft world; he will enter the draft. As we tweeted today and initially reported on 12/24, Ayers has been seen driving around town in a brand new Mercedes recently.

- Marshall sackmaster Vinny Curry is exploring his draft options and receiving opinions on where he’ll be selected.

- We are again hearing chatter that Eastern Washington running back Taiwan Jones will enter the draft. Jones, who has struggled with injury at different times this season, is expected to play in the IAA title game on January 7th when EWU takes on Delaware.

Surprised by Criner.

two people I like on that list.

Vinny Curry, he fits us perfectly, would be a way better option that Watt. He is exactly what we need.

and Tom Keiser, he could play DE for us. He played DE for Stanford before this year and had very good numbers, 8 sacks 15 tfl.

man I want Curry to declare.

Surprised by Criner.

two people I like on that list.

Vinny Curry, he fits us perfectly, would be a way better option that Watt. He is exactly what we need.

and Tom Keiser, he could play DE for us. He played DE for Stanford before this year and had very good numbers, 8 sacks 15 tfl.

man I want Curry to declare.

Is Curry big enuf to play DE?

Is Curry big enuf to play DE?

I believe he is 6'5 245, same as Keiser. Keiser actually slimmed down because the coaches wanted him to play OLB. Keiser used to weigh 257.

but both have a big frame and room to grow.

Curry actually looks a lot bigger than he is listed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-gRqSoSxg

Edited by A-TowN.-