If MM leaves who would replace him?

cportcuz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Musgrave. I seriously doubt we'd interview anyone else.

I highly doubt we bring in Daniels. In fact, I'd bet my 1,000.00 to your 50.00 that we don't.

And the brother in law isn't going to go from being a H/C, to an OC. I also don't see him leaving behind the big money he's making from commentating and his NFLN deal.

Weis has already said he's going to Florida to run their O. Do you watch ESPN?

Bill Musgrave. I seriously doubt we'd interview anyone else. I highly doubt we bring in Daniels. In fact, I'd bet my 1,000.00 to your 50.00 that we don't.And the brother in law isn't going to go from being a H/C, to an OC. I also don't see him leaving behind the big money he's making from commentating and his NFLN deal.Weis has already said he's going to Florida to run their O. Do you watch ESPN?

You watch ESPN lately bro?

You do know Musgrave is rumored to be interviewing for HC jobs right?

I know MM has gotten neg manyt times on this board, but truth be told he is a good OC. Now if he leaves who would replace him? I hope not Musgrove. Who do u think should replace him? I like Weiss, McDaniels, or the brother-in-law.

He's not leaving---is he?

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Good question. I hate to break up the chemistry we have to learn a new system. So many want M.M. gone but we are successful with him. The next offensive coordinator we get might take us to great levels, but might brings us down a few levels as well. If somethings not broke you do not fix it. But if we lose him, then I really just hope we get someone great, but not someone he will be out of here in a couple of years if that makes sense. Just want longevity and consistency. But when your successful people will try to figure out what your doing and pick your organization apart until theres nothing left. The patriots are resilient at rebuilding, but look at how there staff has been picked apart over the years. We will have to do the same. Just the problems that come with success. I guess we could have worse problems than being successful and losing a few coaches here and there.

Good question. I hate to break up the chemistry we have to learn a new system. So many want M.M. gone but we are successful with him. The next offensive coordinator we get might take us to great levels, but might brings us down a few levels as well. If somethings not broke you do not fix it. But if we lose him, then I really just hope we get someone great, but not someone he will be out of here in a couple of years if that makes sense. Just want longevity and consistency. But when your successful people will try to figure out what your doing and pick your organization apart until theres nothing left. The patriots are resilient at rebuilding, but look at how there staff has been picked apart over the years. We will have to do the same. Just the problems that come with success. I guess we could have worse problems than being successful and losing a few coaches here and there.

With a smart and talented QB like Ryan, even if MM decides to leave, learning a new system won't be that much of a hit on the offense.

i think Musgrave would be the guy, but I personally like McDaniels. He made Denvers offense lethal when he was there, and you could definately notice its downfall once he was canned.

Weiss left the Cheifs to go to Florida. He isn't even an option.

Musgrave has interviewed for HC jobs for a couple years now. I dont think he will get one prior to becoming an OC. The nice thing w him is we wouldn't have to blow it up and start over.

Friedgen is one I would look at too.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

With a smart and talented QB like Ryan, even if MM decides to leave, learning a new system won't be that much of a hit on the offense.

I hope your right. Just see my point, anytime theres a change, theres a learning curve for whole team. And it can go good but sometimes can go bad. But Ryan is smart and talented, so you make a good point. I just hope the rest of the offense can pick up system if we get a new system thats all. Not worried about Ryan learning it at all. Its just some players can flourish in one system and not another. I just don't want to get this far with building the team and have to take 2 steps back.

I dont think Weiss has offically done anything. If he is a gator then I am happy with that too, more years of beating GA.

yesterday NFLN said he accepted the position but will still coach KC through the playoffs.

I think FL is making out great w/ him as an OC. His time in ND doesnt reflect him at all. What has ANY coach done there in the past 10+ seasons.

I understand what you mean, but if the new oc is "great", he won't stay an oc for long. As far as McDaniels is concerned, look at what he's done lately. He traded away a good QB, a good WR, a good RB. He made a decent offense HORRIBLE. I don't want anything to do with McDaniels. In fact, I don't want anything to do with the Belichick crew. Despite the media love, everyone of them has had a recent history of horrible decisions...

I understand what you mean, but if the new oc is "great", he won't stay an oc for long. As far as McDaniels is concerned, look at what he's done lately. He traded away a good QB, a good WR, a good RB. He made a decent offense HORRIBLE. I don't want anything to do with McDaniels. In fact, I don't want anything to do with the Belichick crew. Despite the media love, everyone of them has had a recent history of horrible decisions...

when McD was in Denver Orton was outplaying Cutler in ever aspect.

And Lloyd was killing Marshall's production; heck he ended the season #1 in receiving yards.

and they got all those picks for Cutler and Marshall. Not to mention both of them were whiny and cried to the media to stir things up.

the downfall of denver was letting go of the DC to Miami.

Well that's why McDaniels would be the OC and doesn't make the call on personnel... that job stays with TD and the HC.

McDaniels would call the plays and gameplan but I am not sure how good he is at gameplanning.

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

It was the defense that screw them up big time, Denver always had the offense there with Orton, Lloyd and Tebow but it was the "D" that hurt them. Josh could be a good OC for us. If MM does leave, we need somebody who is going to help out Matty while still keeping our ground attack in place.