Real fans being gouged!

jwoodywild

Well, we had to give up our season tickets before this year and are now paying the price. We have been able to make it to 7 of the home games, and saved on the pre-season screwing, but were shut out on playoff tickets. I have no idea how in a city that seems to only show tepid interest for the Birds the tickets were all gone in 9 minutes!

Anyway, the secondary market is really bad. Tons of scalpers or season ticket holders looking to gouge to earn back their money. If anyone has 4 that they would like to offload for a reasonable price please let me know. Long time Birds fans here - not bandwagoners or scalpers. jakemalloy@live.com

Go Birds!

Jake - the playoff tickets were not cheap. They were no where near the face value of that seat for regular season. While I'm sure there is gouging going on - it may not be as high as you might think.

Just check around - and post it in the Dome Field Advantage forum.

The prices for playoff tickets is public knowledge and is posted on this website as a matter of fact. The fact that there are numerous ticket pairs on stubhub and nfl ticket exchange in the upper endzone going for 300 to 400 is ridiculous, these are 95 a piece tickets. I saw the 2 tickets next to my wifes boss' tickets on stubhub going for 371 a piece and they paid 200 a piece tops. I understand supply and demand but man this is price gouging for sure.

The prices for playoff tickets is public knowledge and is posted on this website as a matter of fact. The fact that there are numerous ticket pairs on stubhub and nfl ticket exchange in the upper endzone going for 300 to 400 is ridiculous, these are 95 a piece tickets. I saw the 2 tickets next to my wifes boss' tickets on stubhub going for 371 a piece and they paid 200 a piece tops. I understand supply and demand but man this is price gouging for sure.

While I am selling my extras for no where near that price - I bought 2 extra seats in the upper section 328. The total price for 2 tickets for both games (we were forced to buy both) was $500. That is because there was a $20 playoff handling fee and an additional playoff order fee per item.

IMo they sell out quickly because companies like Stubhub buy about 70-75% of the ticketes and resell them.

There's a way around Ticketmaster's system. Of course companies and scalpers are buying these by the dozens. However, it's all about supply and demand, if people refuse to pay higher prices they'll come down closer to the game. It's not likely since people tend to be emotional with purchases like these but it could happen.

I looked into playoff tickets at a few of the ticket sites as well as craigslist and the prices are simply through the roof already so I agree with the original poster.I wanna go bad but since I'm getting ready to move and just plunked down a big chunk of money for that I can't afford it. I should have never gave up my season tickets 3 years ago. I put myself on the waiting list today so next year only games I watch on tv are away games.

Well, we had to give up our season tickets before this year and are now paying the price. We have been able to make it to 7 of the home games, and saved on the pre-season screwing, but were shut out on playoff tickets. I have no idea how in a city that seems to only show tepid interest for the Birds the tickets were all gone in 9 minutes!

Anyway, the secondary market is really bad. Tons of scalpers or season ticket holders looking to gouge to earn back their money. If anyone has 4 that they would like to offload for a reasonable price please let me know. Long time Birds fans here - not bandwagoners or scalpers. jakemalloy@live.com

Go Birds!

Well its not so bad---I went to 4 games but will sit my ars on the sofa after going to KFC for some wings for the playoffs---give it try---no more peeing in public

Edited by Nono

Guest mashburn

Heh, make money while they can! There's plenty of money to be had doing this. My gf's parents have been selling their season tickets for awhile now, I don't see anything wrong with it.

prime example of why there is saints fans in our front row. cause of people like you trying to make another quick buck. that is sad that we have great fans who cannot afford these outraggeous prices of people reselling tickets.

you master exploder is the people that make me sick.

and also you are the one who said who is to scared to rise up.

Sorry you think you are getting gouged, but there is a lot of demand for the tickets. Football is entertainment and is worth what people will pay for it. No sympathy for people playing the "victim". If you want to be guaranteed playoff tickets at face value, buy season tickets (including pre-season; I did) and hope that Atlanta is one of the very few elite teams that get a home playoff game. Rather than complain, how about you take the money you saved on the preseason tix and put it into playoff tix. You'll come out fine!!

Go Birds!

This is one of the best deals your going to find.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tix/2143738731.html

Sorry you think you are getting gouged, but there is a lot of demand for the tickets. Football is entertainment and is worth what people will pay for it. No sympathy for people playing the "victim". If you want to be guaranteed playoff tickets at face value, buy season tickets (including pre-season; I did) and hope that Atlanta is one of the very few elite teams that get a home playoff game. Rather than complain, how about you take the money you saved on the preseason tix and put it into playoff tix. You'll come out fine!!

I love logical posts! +1

There is an easy way to stop price gouging and keep ticket prices from going for 3 times face value or more. Nobody buy them at that price. Once the game gets closer & these tickets don't sell, you're going to see their price drop substantially.

Problem is, there are always people with more money than brains, even in this economy.

Guest mashburn

It's not illegal.

Falcons can't do anything about it.

yea they can. they can tell STH that they cannot buy extra tickets for playoffs

Edited by mashburn

Go Birds!

there are many tickets on nfl ticket exchange in the section i have my tickets that are listed at what i paid for my tickets from the falcons. so i dont know what your concern is, you must be looking in the wrong place. i paid 180 each for my tickets and they are listed on there for about that price in section 107 where i sit.

yea they can. they can tell STH that they cannot buy extra tickets for playoffs

season ticket holders = customers

fans are important to the brand; but customers keep the team in business

they're not going to restrict their customers from investing more in the team

granted -- some people are great fans, and would buy playoffs tickets to cheer for the falcons -- but there are also a ton of bandwagon fans who just want tickets now because the falcons have started to play good. those guys don't deserve anything over long-time season ticket holders who sat through the bad with the good.

after seeing the saints fans have a whole corner of the end zone in the lower and mezzanine levels, i say let the sth's buy all they want. the chances they get in the hands of actual falcons fans is better than what happens throughout the season.

every week, there's a row down below me in the end zone that looks like it is reserved for visiting fans. i've wondered if they weren't visiting team tickets or something. until this past sunday. no panties fans in that row. :lol:

got mine today. color me happy.

Right now some playoff tickets are going for about triple the face value on Ticket exchange. I'm sure it would jump up much higher when Saints beat the Seahawks. We beat the saints and the NFC championship game is against Philly, I'm sure the ticket prices will be nuts.

Ticket brokers will charge 3x above face value on average. It's not a secret. They been doing that for decades.

Season tickets sux if the team is having a bad year. You not only don't want to go to the game but you can't sell them either.

Season tickets are great if the team is having a great year. Definite perks for making the post season.